E-Bike Racing: 2011 World Challenge

For sure, gotta at least have the electric chuckwagon bar! :mrgreen: Solar shaded of course. :lol:

Tiberius said:
AussieJester said:
A keg...would have to be a keg involved somewhere wouldn't there?

Oh, and all the refrigeration gear. Can't afford to let that Aus beer warm up to the point where it could be tasted.

Nick

LOL...yes that room temperature tar like donkey piss you Poms drink is so much nicer tasting ain't it mate :p :mrgreen: Me and resisent C.U.B Rodgah need to fillz our suit cases with real beer, make this event and learn you lot how and what real men drinkz :lol:

KiM

Dates!

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread, but Luke and I batted some possible dates around by pm. The ones that work best for me to come over from the UK are 23/24th July or 7/8 August.

Everyone seems to agree on 70 lbs max, working pedals and 20 km. If we can agree on dates then we've got enough to get started.
Next on the list would be the venue.
Then we can work on a few safety related rules.

Nick

Tiberius said:
AussieJester said:
LOL...yes that room temperature tar like donkey piss you Poms drink is so much nicer tasting ain't it mate :p :mrgreen:

Yeah, but at least we do taste it. Does anyone actually dared to let Aus beer warm up and risked tasting it? :roll:

Nick

Warm beer in OZ is known as "Kimberley cold" We have some
fine tasting beers but after the first 4 pints all beers taste the same anywayz :lol:

Tiberius wrote:
Dates,
The ones that work best for me to come over from the UK are 23/24th July or 7/8 August.

I am flexible but lean toward the later date. Any one else making marks on the calander?
(these fall fall in my traditional "busy" season regarding deliveries)

DOH! I'm just gonna have to spectate this year then I guess, I won't have anything ready for the race before early Sept.

I wana have the Kepler Drive to use. Don't worry though, I probably need to wait to next year anyway since I don't have a "war chest" to make the trip yet anyway. :wink:

oohhh Li ghtcycle, that's August 7-8 2011

does that take some presure off :D

Thud said:
oohhh Li ghtcycle, that's August 7-8 2011

does that take some presure off :D

:oops: :oops: :oops:

LOL!!! :D :D

Ummmm ... yes, yes it does! :mrgreen:

Good date for me, supposing I could afford the travel. Theoretically I have the charge cards whipped by then. But something always comes along to rack em back up. Shipping a 70 pound ebike won't be so bad. Too far to drive.

dogman said:
Shipping a 70 pound ebike won't be so bad. Too far to drive.

Much less than 70 lbs without the batteries. I'll be shipping it by air and sourcing batteries after I land. I suppose I could put the motor and controller in my luggage and pretend its an ordinary road bike.

Or maybe not. I think I've already caused enough trouble at airports round the world by carrying bits of electronic hardware around. Interestingly, a lot of them think the way to deal with such things is to unwrap them and put them through the X ray machine again.

Nick

Tiberius said:
dogman said:
Shipping a 70 pound ebike won't be so bad. Too far to drive.

Much less than 70 lbs without the batteries. I'll be shipping it by air and sourcing batteries after I land. I suppose I could put the motor and controller in my luggage and pretend its an ordinary road bike.

Or maybe not. I think I've already caused enough trouble at airports round the world by carrying bits of electronic hardware around. Interestingly, a lot of them think the way to deal with such things is to unwrap them and put them through the X ray machine again.

Nick

Yeah, no need to pack a suit-case with Lipo and have them thinking your going to blow the plane! :shock: :shock:

Maybe just get someone here to order from Hobby King that you pay and let you use them for the race, and maybe you can trade or something, pay for the batteries here and they pay for some batteries you have at home, and then you leave and they keep the batteries here?

That sounds really confusing! :lol: I'm not really sure what I just wrote, but you get the idea. :p

A certain someone may have enough on hand to rent lipo by that date. :mrgreen: That would solve some problems for the international traveler. I'm sure one or the other of us would be more than willing to handle the ground shipping of used lipo after the race for somebody flying. For those in the continental US, it should be ok to ground ship the whole thing right? Or is that illegal too? With tons of time between heats, everybody should be able to just recharge one pack.

I'm willing to receive and check packs for all good cells, and have charged and ready for folks who want to have LiPo waiting for them at the race destination.

Heck, it wouldn't be much different from normal life ;)

HobbyKing will have the Seattle warehouse functional by this time as well, and I'm willing to make local-pickup of packs for folks, which will also let me check them before i buy. :)

That's going to be very very handy. Good on ya. I bet those that drive there would be willing to buy up some of the racing lipo left over after the race.

liveforphysics said:
I'm willing to receive and check packs for all good cells, and have charged and ready for folks who want to have LiPo waiting for them at the race destination.

HobbyKing will have the Seattle warehouse functional by this time as well, and I'm willing to make local-pickup of packs for folks, which will also let me check them before i buy. :)

I wanna help :D

fizzit said:
liveforphysics said:

I wanna help :D

Are you local to me?

lol, you're not too far off. :) I did get 4 packages this week. lol :)

Just weighed the bmx and it weighs 81.2 lbs! :shock:

OK, perhaps April in Tucson, August in Seattle. I think Tucson means dry, dry season in Seattle is July/August so good. Due to several decent concussions from e-bikes, I'm gonna stay with 1000W or something close to that that passes for stock commuter. Ought to be easy to put together a 50lb hubbie w/ lipo. At 1000 or even 1500W, can't see overheating being a great issue.

I am aging, but if I trained for it, could still land top 10 against the 18/21 yr olds. Knocking elbows more my style. I've crashed enough to know how to avoid it generally, however, I know when my wheels are in an advantageous position and don't back down. When there's hard contact, I stay up and the other guy drops.

Yep, 70 pounds is a hard target. Mine makes it, but not by much.

If you bring a 1000 watt bike to the death race, you'll be slow like I was last year. But still plenty fast enough to have a huge fun time on that kart track. Not having a curb or a parked car looming around that corner is really great! And you will still be faster than the more or less stock chinese motor kit bikes.

Back