Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Here's my bike when purchased brand-new. It's a Diamondback Insight 1 I picked up from a buddy's bike shop. A very practical, inexpensive, no-frills flat-bar hybrid bike.

img_6159.jpg

After plenty of "upgrades". Converted the flat-bar to a drop set with cyclocross levers. I also discarded all the multispeed cassette and derailleurs in favor a nice single-speed arrangement. The chain-tensioner is a home-made unit I made from a V-brake arm. Added fenders and rear rack for commuting purposes. I also mounted the Turnigy outrunner onto the rack itself.

img_9143.jpg

Here's a close-up of the motor itself with an 11t sprocket from monsterscooterparts. The chain 35# chain is from an old exercise bike.

img_9136.jpg

This is an 110t custom sprocket from King Sprockets mounted to an ENO freewheel. I also have a 16t ENO for non-assisted riding. Tremendous thanks to Luke (LFP) for helping me out with this. The cheap Dicta brand freewheels I used before just could not handle torque accelerating from a stop.

img_9141.jpg

Weight gain is fairly minimal too and the bike still handles reasonably well with the 6s 16AH LiPo pack I have. Because of the only 10:1 gear reduction and 700c tires, top speed so far has been around 54mph (and yes, I will never attempt to match that speed again). I've gone a little over 60mph on one occasion with a strong wind at my back and slight downgrade thus not completely valid. The bike isn't fully-dressed here yet as I removed the controller and batteries while I was still sorting out the freewheel issues. I've been carrying the batteries in pannier bags (which also have the added purpose of hiding the chain and sprocket).

That's brilliant.
I wouldn't have thought that a rack would be strong enough to mount a motor to but evidently it is.
I apologize, but what voltage are you running?
Did you think it would be as fast as it is?
What voltage and gear reduction would you use if you wanted a top speed of 30 mph?
What are the downsides of using a motor like this? Is it durable?
Have you done any long rides or do you intend to?

No before pics, just the after. His and her's Giant Suede comfort bikes. 1 amped rear geared kit, 1 ebikekit rear dd hub. 36v 20ah TS packs.

View attachment 2

The Avenir bags fit the batteries perfectly. All the connectors and wiring in the side pocket. Soldering tip works great for melting an opening in the bag.
View attachment DSCF5716.JPG

I can see the Amped Bike office from my balcony.
View attachment DSCF5717.JPG

build from a small bike and pipes from scrap yard.
the kit it is a magic pie golden motor 18 inch casted motor

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,752
  • IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,752
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,752
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,746
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 1,752
Wow those are looking great Valy. You have been busy! :lol:

Astro 3220 6 turn on a Recumpence gear reduction. Dual rear freewheels. 20 MPH in Y and 30 MPH in Delta. 48 Volt 10 AH Turnigy Lipo.

Attachments

• Specialized.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 4,592
  • Specialized after.jpg
    Specialized after.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4,442
I like that nice and clean, I bet it gets to 30 in a hurry though!

very nice neat build.well put together.

30 comes up real quick, you need to lean forward, hold on tight, and not squeeze the throttle too fast or you will be on your ass watching it leave you.

gwhy! said:
This is my "fun" bike at the moment. And as It is rather clean and I have been playing around with the speed controller out in the sunshine I thought I would post up a picture of it, Sorry about the quality of the photos.
View attachment 9
View attachment 8
Its geared for around 25mph and I have pulled upto 5kw, It will climb anything you dare to point it at :D

update:
View attachment 7

A bit more detail of drive system:
View attachment 6
View attachment 5
View attachment 4
View attachment 1
View attachment 3
View attachment 2

Looking good there! I can't wait to try my little powerhouse now! I can't believe they make as much power as they can! The motors are so little, they are like a pissed off little Chihuahua!!

DOCTORBASS 2003 Giant Dh COMP EBIKE

BEFORE: :?

21679486-0-1273534027.jpg

AFTER: :mrgreen:

-Giant DH COMP 2003
-24" Double Track rim with 24 x 3.0 Arrow Racing Wide Bike tires
-18 mosfet controller 150A 100V
-24s 3p Lipo 88.8V 15Ah 20C
-C-A 2.11
-4x Magicshine 900lumens LED each + 3W red led tail light
-1x VERY HAPPY MAN !!!!!!

FASTEST EBIKE 106km/h max on flat

The best performances ebikes I ever buit !! ( I built over 25 ebikes from now)

Doc

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Killer performance, but couldn't you get the batt's to fit a little better in the frame, and clean up the wiring a tad? It looks like you could fit them in a much narrower configuration in the triangle and then any leftovers could be in a custom box just behind the seatpost, no? Great bike and great project for sure! Good Job!

Before ....

View attachment 1

And after ....

I purchased my rear geared kit from AmpedBikes and styled it my way. Nice ride and I just purchased a set of Ping 48volt/10Ah batteries and now it moves right on down the road.

Rides like a Cadillac LOL :D

Well done! The bike looks great and on top of that it is the most stealth ebike I have ever seen.

Thats a great bike. I bought the same one last week. Its a great deal but most of there bikes are almost gone. I love the setup. Do you mind posting your specs?
Pimpin ant easy lol.

$8 Goodwill special as it came from the store:
file.php

into this, The Velcro Eclipse:
file.php

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20595&start=0

are my eyes deceiving me? do you ride this a-w? looks way to clean,i will see if this is everything you put on here before congradulations are in store,how the heck is congratulations spelt.ha wow.impressive. :shock:

Amberwolf has met a lady and this is his ride to impress her maybe? Do you
tow her about in the trailer AW hehee :mrgreen: Nice job mate, doesn't look
like your usual rides though, lack of fluro paint of numerous colours...perhaps
hes out of paint and isn't able to buy any just yet

KiM

Nah, if a lady isn't impressed by my usual stuff then I'm not going to try something else to do it. :) Either she likes me or she doesn't. :p But no, haven't met anyone. Might be nice if I did, but I know of no one that would tolerate, much less enjoy my lifestyle and the dogs and stuff. :lol:

I havent' had money for the DayGlo paint for a couple years now (more, actually), since it cost over $60 to paint DayGlo Avenger the last time, and it turned out like crap because of the RustOleum junk. (would've gotten Krylon if I could've found it around here but only one place had it in DayGlo, too far away to be worth it at the time, I thought. :roll: )

If I did have the money, I'd be painting *all* the bikes that way. :) Although I'd probably do it with powdercoat instead of spray paint and clearcoat, if I could find DayGlo of the right colors in that and had the big budget it would take. ;)

So for now I picked this frame for the spare bike partly because it is a fairly bright red, compared to any other frame I have that are duller reds or greens or blues, or plain white, etc. Mostly because it is strong and light, though, and because it was a nearly-complete functioning bike when I paid the $8 for it at Goodwill. :lol:

beast775 said:
are my eyes deceiving me? do you ride this a-w?
I have ridden it in a test after building it last night, but nothing more than that so far. Still kinda needs a lot of work just on the bike part to really make it work well (cleaning/repacking all bearings, really truing the rear wheel, etc.)
looks way to clean,i will see if this is everything you put on here before congradulations are in store,how the heck is congratulations spelt.ha wow.impressive. :shock:
Oh, it needs a lot of crap before it would become a real ride for me, like lights, signals and a cargo rack and stuff, but it's just a "backup" bike in case whatever main ride I have at the time dies and I have to go somewhere RIGHT NOW, like to work. See the linked thread in the pic post above for details about it.

It'll probably also have the Fusin motor instead of the 9C, since I think I really need the 9C's pulling power for when I have to haul lots of heavy stuff, like this:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18671&p=300489#p300489
The Fusin can pull ok, but under these heavy loads it makes noises that I am not fond of. :?

Back