TOOLS FOR BIKE BUILDERS

valy

100 W
Hello !
My name is Valy and I start this topic for all guys who want to build some home made tools, and to give ideas for the guys who want to start to build frames, bikes from scratch.
Many guys wish to build bikes, but they need some ideas from the professional builders.
To show what kind of tools they use, and how they build them. How to make it easy to build a correct bike frame.
I HOPE THAT ALL THE BIKE BUILDERS WILL HELP to make this a good topik and to help our mates :D

Here you can see the pipe holders. and the side axel holders .
and all you guys feel free to coment and put questiones :D :?:IMG_2326.JPGIMG_2327.JPGIMG_2328.JPG

Here is some photos of a roll bender.
find in 4x4 forum
bend2.jpg

As I said before - This is very cool!
What are the sizes of the aluminum extrusions you used?
Any specs on the "T" nuts you made?
I am not sure how you tighten the connector in IMG_2290.JPG and why you would use this connector instead of the angle bracket?

Thanks again for posting this info.

Cheers,
Roy

Hello guys
With this topic I try to help bike builders or beginners to build some home made tools to be easy to build a correct frame for bikes .
I was lucky to find in the scrap yard this material ,but you can build it with any kind of material you find.
I only want to try to give some ideeas how my tools looks like.
Thank you for your apreciation about this topic I try my best.
About building frames professional that is the goal I have.
Answer to Roy. I use three kind of aluminium profil square 80x80mm ,44x44 and 88x44 .about skrew conectors they came with the material .[It was used as an industrial machine before]. I dont use agel brackets because this way is easier and stronger.
thank you guys again kindly ValyIMG_2347.JPGIMG_2345.JPGView attachment IMG_2343.JPGIMG_2346.JPG

Valy,
This is all really cool!! Please keep posting as you progress with your build. Also, if you decide to make your own notcher, show us how!! Great work man. :D

I find myself getting sidetracked from my build by the quest for metal working tools. a bender has been eluding me at the moment because it seems hard to find one for a good price, but the roller bender seems like a good solid method for bending bicycle tubing at my price point...which is sadly very low.

you seem to have a great shop in the works there and I'm quite impressed and inspired. I as well was wondering exactly how a tube notcher works as I am thinking of buying a small drill press to adapt to the use. thanks for all the great info!

I get the tube bender, but how the heck do you move the tube across the rolls? Most I've seen have a crank or something.

Katou

ps. very cool pictures, keep the good stuff coming!

hello guys I m happy you like the topic.
This days I have been busy, because on 28 aug 2010 I got a baby girl . :D name Izabelle, Denise .Noelle and I m very very happy :D :D :D .
When I have time I will make some pictures how I build my pipe notcher and I will put them in this topic, to give you ideeas how I build mine .
I will try to put good pictures for you too understand . because i m not so good to write in english :( thank you RWP and all of you who will help me to make a good topic about tools .
We all need some tools to build a good frame and this is a good way to do it cheap and easy.

hi Katou
I will put more picture in detail to se better [ later ].
bend2.jpg

Naw I will put the original picture ho give my ideea to build one.and more picture with roll benders
shop_items_catalog_image1841.jpg
t_58441.jpg
camBender1.jpg
997361.gif
BtHU9gBWkKGrHqQOKkIEvOS3oqeWBL6mo-DF5w_121.jpg

hi Gestalt .
for the moment my garage it is in a third floor in a spare bedroom. im still looking to rent a garage. I build my roller bender byg and wide because I want too bend pipe too 110mm for motorcycle frame .
but you only for a tube for bycicle frame you need one smmall and simple ,I will make a draw for you guys one simple and easi do do homme. you will need a grender a bormachine and a welder. :D I hope it will be easy for you to understand and to build

Back