You know your a E-Biker when ....

.........you keep checking the latest posts in a forum thread called "You know your a E-Biker when ...."

oldhaq said:
.........you keep checking the latest posts in a forum thread called "You know your a E-Biker when ...."

I resemble that remark!
otherDoc

..when you are looking at your "prime" bicycle hooks in the garage and realize that only one is not an ebike, and you don't own it.

and on a friday night you aren't out getting drunk with friends. You are at home working on wheels and bike builds. New wood box for the lipo, yeah!! :lol:

... you spend ALL MORNING trying to figure out why you can't get MS paint to work properly, including using multiple restore points thinking that it USED to work properly in Vista, and then just use picnik to save it and THEN the REST OF THE DAY making a Frankenstein monster from 2 pics of something you most likely never build! :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

. . .when you can name the owners of more than half the ebikes you notice on Main Street.

Sitting at the café for a couple of hours there's usually about six that go by not counting the scooter types.
Most of the ones I don't know are riding machines bought off the hook.

... you just got home with 55 lbs of groceries in the panniers or 75 lbs in the push trailer without a drop of sweat because the bike or the trailer pushed you uphill to the store and gravity drug you all the way back home... AND... the Kill-A-Watt meter tells you it took all of $0.06 worth of fuel to do it.

SHE rolls her eyes and says its a Guy thing. When the bike shows back up (again) in the living room for; more battery, more power, more brakes, more controller, more motor, more engineering.....And REPEAT Oh..and the reason you are not in the garage is because of all the other unfinished projects (piling up) that are on the back burner.

....... The saying "Only Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon-day sun" now also includes you on your E-Bike! :mrgreen: :twisted:

(it was near record high today for Portland Oregon, 98 DEG!! :shock: :shock: )

You found new use for your ski clothing. Even though it's 20 degrees and pitch black, a good front light and warm ski clothing wont stop you from enjoying a long winter drive!

Good stuff! Keep it coming!!

You buy a $200 ski suit from goodwill for $15 and you don't even own a pair of skis! :twisted:

You DO own a pair of skis but intended them for your e-trike suspension. Yeah it was real!
otherDoc

amberwolf said:
You can afford *beans*? :shock:

;) :lol:

:mrgreen: Yeah Zoot sheesh....poor amber here has to share dry dog food with his dogs and here's you all 'whoa is me' with your rice and beans i bet the rice was even fried and the beans warm ...bloody yuppy :mrgreen: :p

KiM

... your bike has more juice than your hybrid.
... or you think about pulling the hybrid pack for the bike!

You think about all the new things to buy JUST so you can figure out a way power them with your E-Bike battery. :D

You know you're an e-biker when...
You grab a couple of bags of zip ties just to have on hand!

Or when you save the zip ties off the dog kennels as you assemble them at work. (they use small zips to hold the halves inside each other for shipping). :)

(I also save the styrofoam and thermal gelpacks from the fish shipments; the styrofoam coolers make good transport for frozen groceries in my trailers, and the flat styro sheets used in the cardboard boxes make good liners for my bike-mounted cargo pods, but have to be replaced periodically due to damage from the stuff carried in them daily).

OH...and when you save the old dog stylist dryer/blowers to see if the big motors can be used to run a bike. ;)

when you buy and use Anderson connectors by the 100's...

When you try to sell a bike or 2 so you can fund lithium batteries for the favorite ebike. And of course ES is your homepage :D :D

Back