Your Creation's Before & After Pics

novembersierra28 said:
you painted it yourself? how'd you do it if you don't mind my askin :)

i didn´t need a perfect finish so i did it with a spray can. took it all apart till i had the naked frame. tied it to the garage door motor with a thin wire and hanging there i could work from all sides. took silicone remover to clean it, then sandpaper, heated up the garage a bit, then primer and white spray paint. most of the work was putting it all together again. took me 3 days but most f that was waiting for the primer and the paint to get dry.

i´ll soon do the same with my old GT Karakoram - 16 or 17 years old but painted white it´ll look almost the same as the newer one and also have some green GT decals left - will use that in winter and in bad weather. with a smaller and lighter rear 500w Cute 128SX but sadly no disc brakes on this old bike :|

Hey Marvin, how did you go at getting the posties to buy your creation, Its been a while since I saw it on the new inventers

CrazyBike2 underwent another light makeover for the SpookyTooth Undead Race, going from this:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=324219#p324219
to this:
View attachment 2
DSC03619.JPG
DSC03621.JPG
pretty much in one day/night (leaving me with less than 2 hours of sleep before the race :roll:). After I got home and slept, I changed the fork out for the suspension fork I'd decided against because of height, solely because the thin fork that is the right height doens't have big enough dropouts to actually keep the wheel in place (I almost lost it several times that day!) without very gradual acceleration from a stop.
DSC03650.JPG
I also decided to remove the rightside pod for now, since it is no longer required to support the rear lighting setup, as that's now on the back of the seat again. Now it's easier to park at work.
DSC03659.JPG

Finally finished my converstion so here are the Pics.

IMG_7001.JPG
01 Trek mtb frame. I actually wanted to do a front hub motor ( for balance) but I didn't want to change the forks.

IMG_7002.JPG
the battery pack is 48v 8ah but it's plenty for my 8 mile commute, especially if I pedal.

IMG_7005.JPG
I'm a little concerned about the torque arm. I'm planning to do a rear disc brake conversion so I didn't want to use those holes for the TA. But after the calipers are on I might change these out.

Lesss,

Do you have a build thread for the 2X2X2X2?

I'm interested to see how you attached the Bob to the bike.

Barry

Nice change...how you like it thus far? details please? looks like a cyclone kit?

KiM

p.s welcome to the forum

I began studying media formats in the late 80's and later wrote the first multimedia file manager, initially released for Windows 3.11 beginning in 1993. Before that I was directly involved with the development of video teleconference over broadband fiber optic in Portland-Oregon, and preceding that I designed the initial video network for aligning mirrors at LLNL.

Technically, a PNG is similar to GIF except that the compression is applied in two directions, lending a theoretical double-compression ratio. PNG, like GIF is a lossless compression format which is well-suited for print (text) but less so for animated life such as nature. JPEG on the other hand is a lossy format and that lossiness can be varied by a user-selectable amount. Pictures of nature are best suited for JPEG and not for PNG. A simple study of file size will reveal this to be true. Movie formats such as MPEG are actually JPEGs that are keyframed (simplistically speaking); it would be wasteful to try and stream in PNG-lossless formats except in the case of data encryption where integrity has the priority.

Concluding, if you want to post line-drawings, such as schematics, or text - use PNG. If yer going to post a pic of yer bike or component or natural wonder behind your epic build of a bike - then a JPEG would do a better job.

For inline images without scrollbars, I found that setting the height to 375 pixels works pretty well. I also prefer 96 dpi over 72 though newer monitors are now 128 dpi-capable. To learn more about image formats and compression I suggest a study of the following keywords:

Raster
Vector
GIF-87
JPEG
PNG
LZW
ZIP

Enjoy, KF
PS - Choose what ever format you like; I merely suggest the optimum :)

Welcome Wildemere... ignore Lessss, he is a philistine. JPGs are fine (as KF posted).

Any other newcomers can check the link in my sig for other image tips.

Here's my EVG Ebike on the San Gabriel Bike Trail (trail goes 38 miles, from Azusa to the Seal Beach). 36v 500w rear E-bikekit and 22A Infineon Controller, 48V 10AH LiFePO4 battery in tackle box, Watt's-Up Meter, Schwinn Speedo, Planet-Bike Fenders, Torque arm, Zefal Raider HD rack, Slime in tubes :)

Pics taken in Azusa with iPhone 3g. I live about 1 mile from the start of the trail :mrgreen:
Resizeofevg.jpg

Resizeofevg2.jpg

evg3.jpg

Thanks Dingo, yeah it wasn't easy. It's 6.5mm aluminium checkerplate welded in by a mate of mine who's a professional welder coupled with the 9c motor I just got off Hyena. He said he won't make me another one (too hard) but we'll see about that.
It feels solid. It's gonna have lipo :twisted:

20 years ago my wife got a bike like this:
startcrisssross.JPG

Now it looks like this:
2010-12-06 12.41.55smaller.JPG

In August I added a 9C kit from ebikes.ca. Great company to work with BTW. Also got a Ping 36V 10ampHr.

Total ebike weight around 65 lb.
I weigh 150lb and am a competitive road cyclist (this summer I did a 40K 1:00:43 ) Even being very fit, I have not been able to consistently ride my 25miles of Home-Work-Home for more than a couple of weeks, plus racing. Since I've gotten this bike I have yet to drive my car to work. ( still riding the road bike ~ 1x per week). The thing I didn't suspect is that I have stayed fit. This 1.5hr of low intensity workout has kept me pretty close to racing shape.

After about 100miles the spokes got loose and I didn't really deal with it until a around mile 700. By then there was a hop in the wheel and 3 spoke nipples were rolling around in the hub. Spent an afternoon putting on studded tires and fixing the spokes+locktight.
The only with the studs has been that I was only able to put a 35mm Nokian on the rear, due to a narrow chainstay width. So I have to really make sure there is air in the tire or I will get flats (3x in the first two weeks). No fun in cold weather.

Sans snow, it was making it about 25 miles per charge. Now I don't risk running the battery down and charge at work.
With the studs and the weigh it really is stable on snow and ice. In fact last friday in our snow storm I definitely got home faster than if I would have drove.

I'm already scheming for another build! Something a little less ugly - what I can say, I'm still a roadie. :roll:

Back