Repository for 3D Part Models, Drawings & Schematics

Does anyone here think they could use a few Solidworks drawings? I used it to design a freewheel adapter for a 5/8" jackshaft. I would be glad to post the pictures for that and another adapter I designed for fitting an 80T #25 sprocket I found on Monsterscooterparts.com onto the same jackshaft. Let me know and I will see about posting some .pdf of the prints.

hey miles , do you have crystalyte x5 drawing of stator with dimensions ? think this would be a great source. thanks

dequinox said:
Does anyone here think they could use a few Solidworks drawings? I used it to design a freewheel adapter for a 5/8" jackshaft. I would be glad to post the pictures for that and another adapter I designed for fitting an 80T #25 sprocket I found on Monsterscooterparts.com onto the same jackshaft. Let me know and I will see about posting some .pdf of the prints.

I am starting to use Solidworks and would love the freewheel adapter and any other part you might want to post. Once I get to a point that my parts are of decent quality, I will contribute too.

View attachment Rim.rar

Model of a 26'' mtn bike wheel (no tire) with disc brake mount. It's accurate to about +- 1mm, but some of the fine detail on where the spokes attach to the hub, for example, isn't perfect. Also the freewheel where cassette mounts isn't exact. The diameter is right, but the splines on it aren't measured out properly. That kind of thing.

At the request of a few members, I have detailed up some sketches of my little 2-speed.
have at folks

I have .dwg & could .dxf it on request (but those dont upload on the board)
Enjoy:
View attachment LIGHTWEIGHT 2-SPEED.pdf
the BOM in 99% complete. I dont have the .5" main shaft noted or the primary reduction sprockets....to each their own.

Thanks Per!

Any chance of a STEP version? :)

[Edit] See here: http://grabcad.com/library/golden-motor-250w-geared-hub-motor-for-front-bicyclewheel-minimotor

medium.jpg

so, I am well on my way and almost finished my first build, just waiting for a part, but i need a gear made, so i was wondering if any of you guys could make up a file of the gear, needs to fit the standard bike chain, 11 teeth and a hole of 10mm in the centre.

im lousy on cad, so it would be great if someone knows the sizes i need and can draw up a gear, and post up the cad file and a dxf image, as i dunno what format i will need the gear in for the cutting.

thanks

bandaro said:
the gear, needs to fit the standard bike chain, 11 teeth and a hole of 10mm in the centre.
Greetings fellow Canberrite!
If its for this then might i suggest this and this
I assume you are planning to use this sprocket for your 3rd reduction stage driving sprocket? if this is your plan then you will want it to be a freewheel so your not turning over your motor/reduction stages when your pedalling without motor assist.

(If you do decide to place an order from motored bikes, let me know as i'd also like to purchase one of these freewheels as an experiment and wouldn't mind piggybacking onto your order :wink: )

canbabarian you mean :p

but yes, your right, its for the 3rd stage reduction, similar to the one you linked, but more moulded around my bikes frame. on the 2nd pulley i have a freewheel already, i found that was the simplest way to mount the gear, so only the axle/chain will spin when pedaling, the belts will be stationary already.

do you know the dimensions of that freewheels internal diameter? the axle i need to mount it to is (from memory) 18mm diameter with an m10 down the centre, if that freewheel will fit on the axle then it may be just as easy to get that. i do have access to a mill and stuff so i can key the shaft if needed or something.

depends how brutal shipping is...

so, anyone have any image format of an 11 tooth gear to fit a bike chain? or am i being naive in thinking all bike chains are the same? even if i could print one off and use the trusty old H-EC mill (hand-eye coordination) then it would be better as i dont even know what exact size the gear will need to be.

any reply to the email neil?

bandaro said:
so, anyone have any image format of an 11 tooth gear to fit a bike chain? or am i being naive in thinking all bike chains are the same? even if i could print one off and use the trusty old H-EC mill (hand-eye coordination) then it would be better as i dont even know what exact size the gear will need to be.

any reply to the email neil?

Haha, No reply yet, and probably never. Lazy twats. How ironic though, i got an automated email from them saying "We've noticed you have had items in your shopping cart for quite some time now. Is there a problem? if so, please contact us and we would be happy to help out or answer any questions". So it seems reaching for the verniers or ruler is too hard for them, but if there is a problem with debiting your credit card they're on your case in no time :roll:

Maybe another approach for you would be to just buy a screw on 11T sprocket and adapt it to a threaded bore reducer. Way cheaper and easier than getting the whole thing made from scratch.

One of these "Schwinn sprockets" is what i mean, (if you can find who sells them - i could only find the picture)
178_1.jpg

yeah, a lot of companies are like that, just seem to get it that if the dimensions are right they have the sale, and we wouldnt have bought if we think the dimensions are wrong anyway...

But yes miles, that is exactly what i need. if its got the teeth mould, then i can edit out/in/modify the gear to better fit the shaft no problems, its mainly the tooth size and shape that i cant find the specs for. And please excuse the ignorance, but what is a #40 sprocket and would i be able to buy it at my lbs?

Back