The official "My Tidalforce S-750 frame creation" thread

@Rin

Awesome, nice bike! and Can you give me name of the rack and I need get that similar your rack and bag.

@Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh - Thanks.

chroot, Yes, the rack is a Topeak, they have several different models including one if you have rear disc brakes. The bag is also Topeak. They have several sizes, be sure to check for dimensions if you plan on using for battery. The look is somewhat misleading as they don't have as much room inside as it looks.

@Rin-

Thanks, Explorer Tubular Rack w/disc Mounts since I am going use avid bb7 caliper and disc brake.

Hi 'steak! :D

Jerry, at Ashland electric bikes, had completed a model, and was looking to do a production run. Send him a pm I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you.

-JD

Jerry of http://www.ashlandelectricbikes.comemailed me that he had one of his S-750 bikes stolen from in front of his shop :twisted: . The email included a few pictures of his current builds featuring his new battery boxes, so I thought I'd post them here.

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

I was about to do the same. Let us know what you find out. It looks like a custom fit. Nice!

dual crown wind runner battery case 2.jpg Hi guys. Yes, the battery boxes are quite the nice feature for the Tidalforce bikes. I'm packing them with 48V 10AH LiPo cells from Tenergy. I'm not able to sell any of the boxes with or without batteries right now; I've only got enough for the remaining frames I have. Owing to the interest that these postings have stimulated, I'm going to look into having a quantity of additional boxes and covers made. Once I have the pricing details worked out I will post them here.

FYI, the outside width of the box is 3.75" with a usable interior width of 3". The frame is powder coated aluminum, the side covers are ABS textured plastic. This close up photo shows covers made of expanded PVC sheeting rather than the textured ABS that I settled on, nor does it show the three screws that attach the sides. The photos of the three bikes shows the final version of the cases. Stay tuned.

That's a beautiful case. I would love to know the pricing. You should consider selling the case WITH the battery pack and charger. A turnkey system for the S-750 frame would be popular at 36 volts for Tidalforce owners whose NiMH front hub batteries are dying and also for others who may want a 48v battery.

Ambrose

Look forward to an update on the triangle battery box. I just spent part of my weekend mocking up boxes for the roller I got from icecube57.
Sent email asking about availability and pricing.

I went looking for the first pic in the series (motor breakout), and found it was no longer on the web. Fortunately, I found a copy of this page that I saved in 2008, with pictures that I think should be preserved for ebike history. It has more to do with the history of Wavecrest Tidalforce manufacturing processes than it does the frames, but I needed a place to store it and I figured the folks watching this thread are TF fans. The pictures and text below the dotted line were produced by electricrider.com, and included here for archive purposes.

-JD
================================================================

TidalForce Bikes - Made in the USA

In January, 2005, I was invited to tour Wavecrest Labs. I was not allowed to take photographs in the research and development areas, but my camera was welcome where Tidalforce bikes are manufactured and assembled. Enjoy this virtual tour of the facility.

dcp_5737.jpg

dcp_5720.jpg

dcp_5727.jpg

dcp_5725.jpg

dcp_5734.jpg

dcp_5732.jpg

dcp_5722.jpg

dcp_5721.jpg

dcp_5733.jpg[

dcp_5736.jpg

dcp_5730.jpg

dcp_5731.jpg

View attachment 7

That article is actually written by Larry Hughes (aka Deerfencer). I'm a relative newbie to Tidalforce bikes. I bought my first about 18 months ago!

I just mounted a Crystalyte motor on my S-750 frame and noticed the colors are almost a perfect match to the titanium Tidalforce frame!

image.jpg

ambroseliao said:
I've updated my TF bike to a rear motor 9C e-BikeKit.com motor with a 72V Bosch Fat Pack battery. It's a very sweet ride. Stable and very powerful. With the 150mm Manitou front suspension fork and only a bit of leaning back, you can pop a wheelie!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cEQyAWzQl58/TAaEZTdbLdI/AAAAAAAAPDI/SOQ7YAOl5T0/s1600/IMG_2018.JPG

Fresh off the charger, I have it at 83.8V but it quickly drops to around 80V. It's fairly inconspicuous with the batteries in the rear rack bag.

I'm loving it!

Ambrose

How fast does this bike go, Ambrose? Assuming you still have it ;)

The top speed I achieved is 42 mph. If the batteries were stronger, and not saggy, I could've reached 45-50 mph.

Kevinator said:
I did some work on my silver frame today. I installed a Suntour Raidon 120mm air fork, headset, stem, and handlebars. I was lucky and had enough headset spacers to install everything without having to cut the steer tube. I borrowed the 26" wheels from another bike to get a better idea of sizing.

S7502010.JPG
----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Almost 10 years later (ok 8 yrs) and I still haven't finished my S750 lol, but I wanted to upload some pics.

-Elementx aka Kevinator

Pulled out of storage like this:
20180805_092823.jpg
20180805_092858.jpg
20180805_092938.jpg

Grabbed these wheels from a Dahon project bike:
20180805_140132.jpg
20180805_140142.jpg

So now it's like this:
View attachment 2
20180807_112431.jpg

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this one: