DrainBrain Appreciation Month !!!

Ypedal

Staff member
Woohoooo !!

Update on ebikes.ca homepage !!

Quote "

Back in 2005, Justin and his friend Matt Chudleigh spent a summer after university figuring out how to design and build a dedicated display meter for ebikes, with no real idea what they were getting into.

This unit was christened the "DrainBrain", and its eventual success turned our operation into what it is now. It's time to show our appreciation to these early adopters who took a leap of faith in our technology when we were just a couple guys in a garage. So, from now until the end of November, we will be offering the new large display Cycle Analyst at 50% off to anyone who purchased and still owns an original DrainBrain from 2005/2006.

In order to get this, please send a photo of your bike setup with a "DrainBrain" running, or send a copy of your original order details, and we will get you on queue for the new Large Screen unit with enclosure for just $75. It's our way of saying thanks, things would have never happened without you. The world owes a lot to Early Adopters.

----

I have every DB and CA made from day one with monochrome display and no speedo !.. 8)

Long live Justin, hero of the ebike community! He shouldn't be thanking us, we should be thanking him!

I have one of just about every model since the beginning also, including the very first ever large screen beta that Justin kindly repaired free of charge last year.

Steve

Ah Justin and his great team... He still do really appreciable work for us!

I searched in my past invoices for the drainbrains i bought and found that the oldest invoice i had was number 195!!! back in april 2007

Doc

Just got my Cycle Analyst last month and looooooveee it! Great product good idea and it helps me manage my ride without a doubt a necessity for the die hard e-biker.
8) 8) 8)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Justin is such an incredible human.

The man is 10 levels ahead of the game, and does everything a human could do to advance the revolution.

I have so much love and respect for that guy, every chance I get to buy something from ebike.ca, I jump on it, just because supporting that guy is the right thing to do for the revolution.

Beauiful if not for my C.A. my ping would still have trouble with this 4840 controller which was the prefect match ? Now down to 22amps it will have a happy life THANKS. Guys

Love the CA, if I could change one thing it would be to have a reverse order Ah meter so it worked like a fuel gauge.

You would put in your capacity so for me I would put in 11ah out of my 12ah pack so that the CA would count down from 11ah and stop the motor when it hit 11Ah. Would be a great addition.

But really love the ebike.ca attitude to business, always ready to help and answers my rambling emails :)

I got mine DrainBrain when Justin was still in college. He personalized the startup screen for me so that it reads, "Ambrose Special!"

It's been through a lot, including being taped to my handlebar when the mount broke. I've actually used nylon screws instead to reconnect the mount to the back of the CA. I'm going to have to spring for one of these large screen CAs. The old eyesight ain't what it used to be!

DB.jpg

Thanks Justin for DB apprecation month!

Ambrose

Justin's the best! And so is the CA.

I happened found Justin's website new larger CA screen. Awesome, I am going get one.

Large_CA_Hand_TN.jpg

It's an incredible device and essential to my set-up, it has saved my batteries twice now. I own 2 CA's (newer version) and will gladly pay full price for the "big screen model" - worth every penny and then some... Thankyou Justin!

chroot said:
I happened found Justin's website new larger CA screen. Awesome, I am going get one.
Yes, it *is* awesome. It looks like this when mounted. ;)
file.php

Review thread for it:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22962&start=0

The new model looks fantastic!

Hey Guys, really THE THANKS GOES TO YOU.

Early adopters often get a bit of the shaft since they pay a premium and get things before bugs and kinks are sorted out, even though it's the upfront money that they provide which makes it possible for a small tech operation to cover the development costs. So this is just one small way of returning the favor now that it has panned out. There wouldn't be a Cycle Analyst without the people who bought into the DrainBrain early on and proved that there was a viable business here.

To go to this next step of actually designing and paying for an injection die for our own custom enclosure instead of always trying to retrofit off-the-shelf parts is a big deal for us. It means a lot of things that used to be well outside the scope of what we thought we could make are now within reach. You can only justify that when you know you will be making 1000's of pieces and the community here has proved we can do that.

Still 1 more week for DrainBrain users to send us an email and be in on the large screen beta plan, so fire us an email if you'd like to be in on this. We are making them as DP or DPS model, but if you want Stand Alone version we can supply a shunt that just plugs into the 6-pin CA-DP connector like amberwolf got.

Justin

Jozzer said:
Long live Justin, hero of the ebike community! He shouldn't be thanking us, we should be thanking him!

Steve

Attachments

• Large CA Enclosure Design.jpg
    Large CA Enclosure Design.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 569
Justin, congrats on your engineering approach, your commitment to integrity and the customer, and your business success!

To some it may look like a wee bit of plastic, but some of us know the blood sweat and tears that went into your first custom mold and keypad.

Wishing you all the best in the years ahead!

Very neat, and just the right size. I don't qualify for your promotion, since I'm new to E-bike world with my first build just done, but I'm eager to buy one as soon as it is available.

I just got my Large Screen Cycle Analyst yesterday and it's a real beauty! It feels very solid and the buttons feel really great.

Thanks Justin for a wonderful new product. I can't wait to give it a go. Now if the weather would just warm up a bit!

Ambrose

Back