Not fast enough!

Beavinator

1 kW
Well I finally got my bike finished. Its a 5304 26" running at 72Volts. My top speed is around 47km/h and thats not enough for me!

Hi,

Something is strange here you top speed at 72 Volt should be something like 65 or 70 Km/h at least, are you sure that your CA is correctly set ? Without top speed limits because it can be the cause of this! For a test you can unplug it and try to go WOT again to see if the top seed remains the same at the eyes.

Good day!
Black Arrow

Yep something is wrong. Got any wires too small/ getting hot? Ebike.ca simulator shows 83 km/h no load speed. Black Arrow is right on with 65+ km/h. Got any brakes dragging?

Beavinator said:
The cycle analyst says max speed 99 km/h

Yes but it's a direct plug in ?

Your number of poles is correctly set ?

If you unplug the CA your top speed seems faster or not ?

Black Arrow

Yes its just as fast with the analyst plugged in. The 47km/h that I am getting is with the tire being held up off the ground. Its too snowy outside to ride the bike.

Beavinator said:
Yes its just as fast with the analyst plugged in. The 47km/h that I am getting is with the tire being held up off the ground. Its too snowy outside to ride the bike.

With the tires off the ground (unload speed) your top speed should be something like 80 or 85 Km/h and may be higher. Did you have a small computer bike somewhere to get the reel speed of this ebike ? the diameter of your wheel is also set correctly in mm ?

This way you can do the test again with the CA unplug to see the result, i hope it's help!

Black Arrow

When I give it full throttle with the wheel off the ground how many watts should be consumed? I believe it said 280.

Beavinator said:
When I give it full throttle with the wheel off the ground how many watts should be consumed? I believe it said 280.

It seems ok with the wheel lift off the ground, the number of pole is 12 for your motor, i think that your diameter of the wheel is wrong something like a value for 20" rim or smaller rim.

Check the points i have identified later to see what is wrong with the CA, and i'm sure that will read the correct top speed when everything will be set correctly.

Black Arrow

OK I got er fixed!! It was the number of poles that was out. It now says 90km/h with wheel off.

Are u in NW Kansas? No snow here in South central. Glad you got it fixed.

Sorry Beavinator, Did not mean to make you "nervous" asking where you were. :oops: :?

Oh sorry for some reason I thought you were in Ks. :oops: I am on pain pills after back surgery- sorry.. Brain fart :mrgreen:

I have the same motor, wheel size, and voltage. My bike does 76Kmph on flat pavement, much slower in the mountain. Still, it's not enough and it does not like climbing. I just received a new controller, will run 100v 50A with it. I plan 120v next spring with a 5306, to have more torque to climb while keeping a fair top speed. I like the 5304 on the street, will likely end up with 2 different bikes, for mountain and street use.

MadRhino said:
My bike does 76Kmph on flat pavement, ...

76,000 mph? Wow! That's what, 3X escape velocity! Call NASA now! How many kilovolts is your battery, anyway?

(Sorry, just having a little fun with you, no offense intended.)

Cameron

MadRhino said:
I have the same motor, wheel size, and voltage. My bike does 76Kmph on flat pavement, much slower in the mountain. Still, it's not enough and it does not like climbing. I just received a new controller, will run 100v 50A with it. I plan 120v next spring with a 5306, to have more torque to climb while keeping a fair top speed. I like the 5304 on the street, will likely end up with 2 different bikes, for mountain and street use.

And i was thinking that i have fast ebike at 92 Km/h .... 76000 Mph wow :lol:

BlackArrow said:
MadRhino said:

And i was thinking that i have fast ebike at 92 Km/h .... 76000 Mph wow :lol:
Hehe, I'll be happy to go 92, but 'till then, please don't make a laugh at my 76, or at my french keyboard on whitch the 'slash' character seems to have disapeared when I turned it to english. :oops:

By the way, I love your bike, BlackArrow. I'd be so happy to beat the rubber out of it in the mountain. :mrgreen:

MadRhino said:
Hehe, I'll be happy to go 92, but 'till then, please don't make a laugh at my 76, or at my french keyboard on whitch the 'slash' character seems to have disapeared when I turned it to english. :oops:

By the way, I love your bike, BlackArrow. I'd be so happy to beat the rubber out of it in the mountain. :mrgreen:

I have no doubt that you can do it with your X5304 and your 18 Fets controller with 100 amps battery current and 250 Amps phase current at 100 Volt (88 Volt nominal) with a Lipo pack i was using Konions battery pack with allot of voltage sag your set up is better than mine :wink:

Good day!
Black Arrow

Back