E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Yes, I thought both going the same way made sense too, but then I found I couldn't gear down while braking.

You have to roll your wrist forward while pulling the lever - it's not an easy action, for me at least.

When turned around (the way the shifter is supposed to function on the RH bar), you squeeze your thumb under the shifter, gearing down, while pulling the lever - it's much easier, everything is "closing up".

I don't know if it matters to you, or if you can still manage it. With twice my power it just may not matter.

Mark_A_W said:
Yes, I thought both going the same way made sense too, but then I found I couldn't gear down while braking.
No offence Mark, but have you tried gearing down BEFORE a stop / corner, not DURING?

Besides, the gearbox on Bombers allows shifts while stationary.

I never found the shifting to be an issue with the LH gearbox shifter, although electronic shifting might be cool :)

On the left is just the shifter and the rear brake. I rarely pull the rear brake hard so 1 finger braking is enough, leaving the rest of the hand free. Could you not operate the shifter with thumb & index finger, brake with the middle finger and hold on to the stationary grip with ring and pinky finger?

I have a regen button on the lefthand side also. I use the regen button at every opportunity and hardly need to use the hydros now. I average 5% regen per charge which isn't too bad.

Attachments

• Regen button 2.jpg
    Regen button 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 7,913
full-throttle said:
Mark_A_W said:
No offence Mark, but have you tried gearing down BEFORE a stop / corner, not DURING?
I think Mark wants to borrow your bike for some world class competition race where every split second counts :lol:
By all accounts that gearbox is ace but with a million watts at your disposal I dont think split second shifting for pedal power would be an issue. I know I never take my bike out of top gear on anything but the steepest of slow moving tracks (eg going back up a tight downhill track)

Thought I would share a little more info on my customized Bomber :)

To cope with the higher voltage, I use an 18 FET LYEN controller. Software is programmed for maximum current output and I use a 3 position power switch to soften the throttle response and max speed when cruising around. The high torque motor on 125V is nothing short of brutal at its high power setting and will throw you off the back if you’re not careful when taking off.

The LYEN 18 FET is working perfectly and I am very pleased with it. It does however run quite a bit warmer then the Crystallite 18FET at the same power output. Hasn't been an issue so far though.

I am also using a 200V Cycle Analyst with direct connection to the LYEN controller. This is a great way to operate and allows you to tune the bike's characteristics at the touch of a button. I do some long rides on this bike and when on the road, I set it to 10A max through the Cycle Analyst. The bike will still do 50kph on flat ground but acceleration is quite mild. I prefer this on the road for a number of reasons. 1) It stops me getting carried away dragging off cars and attracting attention to myself. 2) Its forced self control to keep the bike at safer road speeds. 3) If pulled up by the Law, I can plead street legal and demonstrate the soft performance. 5) Range is seriously improved (65 km range for 1000 w/hrs)

Other minor modifications. I like to have the ability to unplug the packs from the controller without taking off the battery cover so main power cables are looped outside of the bike. I also use a pre charge resistor setup when plugging in the power. Absolute must when plugging 125V into a controller fitted with massive 200V capacitors.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 8,746
So yes, after waiting for about 11 weeks the bomber finally arrived here in Germany. It´s definitley very addictive. The only thing that has stopped me for the moment is mother nature. Due to tons of snow that cover the landscape, the bomber relaxes in my basement. The pictures were taken at the end of Oktober.

Mine´s all standard. The only thing that dissapoints me a bit is the rather short range. When pushing it hard, that means i also pedal all that i´m capable of, the battery drops out at approximatley 40 Km. But never the less it´s a unique riding experience. Fast, silent and for me the perfect mechanical drug! The frame is built tough and makes me feel secure even at full speed. Not like those flimsy normal bike frames that are usually overloaded with boltet on batteries and motor. In my opinion the worlds most beautiful and well designed, comercially available, e- bike. :D

Nice bike Diogic. I see you ticked all the option boxes there with the 8 spot brakes and long travel forks. Also good to see you have all the safety gear too. Noticed you are setup for road riding with the Hookworms. These are a great tire and let you really lean the bike over especially when they get a bit warm.

Range wise, you must be riding very fast to be only getting 40kms. You have 1500w/hrs at your disposal. This means you are doing 37.5 Wh/km. I only see this sort of consumption in the dirt but average 22 Wh/km on the road at moderate speeds (40 to 50 kph). Limiting my max amps to 10A, I get down to 16 Wh/km (30 to 50 kph speed range)

My cycle analyst only shows about 0.9 Kw of used energy when the battery cuts out. I was told the missing 0.6 Kw are lost as heat. I find that rather strange, but that´s the way it is. The good thing is that the 80 Km/h top speed is really achieavable. But maybe the high speed motor is not as efficent as the high torque version. :D

Received an email confirming the new Stealth Fighther is not far off.

I like the sound of the it, it will have the new sensorless crystalyte motor and lighter LiFePO4 batteries taking it down to 35kg, not bad at all

Will have to save my pennies, I could be easily tempted :D

Yes, it looks great. I had a test ride of one last week. Feels much lighter over jumps. Doesnt have the grunt of the Bomber but still goes very well.

Here is a little more info on it.

With our new generation of LiFePO4 battery packs we've managed to bring the total weight of the bike down to 35kg.

The Fighters now also feature 200W limit switch, air adjustable suspension, the ability to limit max speed and max power and a lifetime frame warranty.

With a top speed of 50km/h, and a minimum range of 40km@45km/h and no pedaling, this is by far the best Fighter yet.

Attachments

• Fighter1.jpg
    Fighter1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 8,583
  • Fighter4.jpg
    Fighter4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 8,583
Dlogic said:
My cycle analyst only shows about 0.9 Kw of used energy when the battery cuts out. I was told the missing 0.6 Kw are lost as heat. I find that rather strange, but that´s the way it is. The good thing is that the 80 Km/h top speed is really achieavable. But maybe the high speed motor is not as efficent as the high torque version. :D

You should be seeing close to 1.5kW on the CA. It sounds like the BMS is shutting down too early. Looks like you are only using about 60% of your battery capacity at the moment. I am sure Stealth Bikes will sort it out for you. Their after sales service is great :)

Kepler said:
John in CR said:
Great bikes. What is the total weight with the 1.5kwh battery pack aboard?

A stock Bomber is 53 Kg. I managed to strip about 5kg off mine using LiPo's.

Great, thanks. It makes my 50kg or less with a 2kwh target a solid goal, difficult maybe, but not outrageous. I need higher power and a bigger pack just to be equal due to the power to weight handicap I start with, though that handicap is decreasing. 55kg with 2wd is within reason too.

I'm 189cm. No problems for me. I have the seat up quite high. The Fighter in those picture is setup for someone quite short and as such has a cut down seat post. You can see in the picture of my Bomber on the first page how high the seat is. (ignore the friction drive :) ) I recon Dlogic is a similar height too.

The guy who sold his white bomber on eBay recently was also quite tall:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23751
I think he may have been 6'4" (193cm).

For descending or technical trails people are usually off the seat so it's kept quite low. In terms of comfort in the cockpit, for someone really tall check out setback seatposts (Thompson) ie
mainenduro15rq7.jpg
And you can always fit a longer stem too.

Looks perfectly normal to me - my seat is at least that high.

voicecoils said:
Voicecoils' Stealth Fighter

@voicecoils.... i like what you have done with that fighter! unique as, what kind of performance and range are ya getting running on high power setting?

will be interesting to see what can be done with that size/weight bike as the battery tech increases and hub motors get lighter with still great good/power :D

cheers Dan

Never posted to a blog anywhere, but couldn't help it. Just ordered the New Fighter. I think it will be the first and only Fighter in the US right now. I'm a bit of a novice to electric bikes, but I couldn't help but be amazed when learning about this impressive piece of machinery. I appreciate works of art, and the Fighter is that as well!
Is there anything you all would recommend that I read and become educated on in the months prior to my Fighter's arrival? I have experience with fast planes and fast cars, but this will be my first powered fast bike.

Jetman said:
Never posted to a blog anywhere, but couldn't help it. Just ordered the New Fighter. I think it will be the first and only Fighter in the US right now. I'm a bit of a novice to electric bikes, but I couldn't help but be amazed when learning about this impressive piece of machinery. I appreciate works of art, and the Fighter is that as well!
Is there anything you all would recommend that I read and become educated on in the months prior to my Fighter's arrival? I have experience with fast planes and fast cars, but this will be my first powered fast bike.

Welcome to the forum Jetman.

To date, I believe the Bomber has been the big seller because most people want the most powerful. I think the new Fighter is going change that trend a bit :) I have riden the new Fighter and the balance is beautiful. Feels very smooth over the jumps and definitely changes direction quicker then the Bomber. Welcome to the club :)

I am thinking of buying a stealth and would appreciate a little input from all of you. The main purpose of the bike is a 29 mile commute to work with a 1700 total foot climb (aprox). I would like to average at least 30 to 35mph (56km/h). Has any of you achieved a similiar ride with a stealth ? I weigh 180lbs (82kg) and I'm in good biking condition. I do the ride now, 1 to 2 times a week, but it takes too long. The top speed of my bike current e-bike is 29mph (47km/h) (and the overall time is 1hour and 45 minutes (1:45) which means I'm only averaging 15mph. Hills and stops slow me down, plus the range is maxed out for the battery capacity. I was thinking the Bomber may be able to achieve this but I'm wondering if any of you have achieved a similiar ride with your stealth. My goal is to get the ride done in under 1:30.
So that's 29 miles (47km)
1500 ft climb (460m)
desired speed (56km/h)

Thanks alot

Back