E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

competitions said:
Thanks everyone for the answers regarding height of Stealth riders. Another question - is the Fighter the same physical size as the Bomber?

I believe they are the same size in regards to wheel base and frame main dimensions.

new said:
I am thinking of buying a stealth and would appreciate a little input from all of you. The main purpose of the bike is a 29 mile commute to work with a 1700 total foot climb (aprox). I would like to average at least 30 to 35mph (56km/h). Has any of you achieved a similiar ride with a stealth ? I weigh 180lbs (82kg) and I'm in good biking condition. I do the ride now, 1 to 2 times a week, but it takes too long. The top speed of my bike current e-bike is 29mph (47km/h) (and the overall time is 1hour and 45 minutes (1:45) which means I'm only averaging 15mph. Hills and stops slow me down, plus the range is maxed out for the battery capacity. I was thinking the Bomber may be able to achieve this but I'm wondering if any of you have achieved a similiar ride with your stealth. My goal is to get the ride done in under 1:30.
So that's 29 miles (47km)
1500 ft climb (460m)
desired speed (56km/h)

Thanks alot

I think a bomber would do this. You would need to average 40kph to do the ride in an 1.30. I do a local ride on my bike to the top and back of a small local mountain (OK big hill :) ) Elevation is 600m and Its about 50km round trip. Takes about 1.30.I do use most of my 1400 Whrs to do it though.

I don't have a Bomber, but with 1.5kwh I would think it would be borderline - based on extrapolating how far I get out of 0.45kwh at 50kmh (about 15-18 km).

It will do it when the battery is new, but after a few years it may not....my battery is supposed to be 0.6kwh and it's 2.5 years old, and it's LiFePO4 like the Bomber - except the Bomber now has a newer generation cell.

If you go a touch slower you will use less power. I'd try and keep to 80% DOD on the battery, not 95% DOD, everyday, day in day out.

Yes, maybe just.

To average 40kmh I have to travel at over 50kmh - it depends on the route.

Agreed, you're asking alot.
The time will depend on the route alot - if it was 29 miles down the side of a highway it's certainly doable but if you're zig zagging around and starting and stopping with traffic that'll hurt your average. I commute 15km (~10 miles) and my record time is 19 minutes(average ~45km/hr) - thats not getting stuck at any intersections and with minimal traffic and pedestrians in the way. My bike tops out at 70km/hr and I spend a fair bit of time around 60km/hr to average that.

I should point out I dont have a stealth either, but the power and consumption of my bike is similar.

40 Km seems short, I don't have a bomber but I've been considering one and I've been in contact with Stealth a lot. I would expect longer range from what I have been told. 2 questions, what speed were you averaging at that range (ie were you maxing out at 80kph?) and what elevation change did you have (ie 400meters of hills). Speed and grade change will have a big affect on range.

Dlogic said:
So yes, after waiting for about 11 weeks the bomber finally arrived here in Germany. It´s definitley very addictive. The only thing that has stopped me for the moment is mother nature. Due to tons of snow that cover the landscape, the bomber relaxes in my basement. The pictures were taken at the end of Oktober.

Mine´s all standard. The only thing that dissapoints me a bit is the rather short range. When pushing it hard, that means i also pedal all that i´m capable of, the battery drops out at approximatley 40 Km. But never the less it´s a unique riding experience. Fast, silent and for me the perfect mechanical drug! The frame is built tough and makes me feel secure even at full speed. Not like those flimsy normal bike frames that are usually overloaded with boltet on batteries and motor. In my opinion the worlds most beautiful and well designed, comercially available, e- bike. :D

meien2010.jpg

bomberg.jpg

We have already established that Dlogic may have a problem with his BMS as his CA is only showing 0.9kW/h. As the capacity of the pack in the the Bomber is 1.5kW/h, it looks like he still has 30% capacity remaining :)

How do you Stealth Bike owners find pedalling with that much width between the knees?( It must be around 140mm or so??) Is it the same for both bomber and fighter?

turbodan78 said:
@voicecoils.... i like what you have done with that fighter! unique as, what kind of performance and range are ya getting running on high power setting?

will be interesting to see what can be done with that size/weight bike as the battery tech increases and hub motors get lighter with still great good/power :D

cheers Dan

Thanks Dan. I'll have to get back to you on some of the performance stats. It feels great but I don't have any instrumentation on it because I've pulled out the cycle analyst 'dashboard' to do some modding to allow me to datalog and record stats over rides (watts & watt-hours, volts, amps etc.). I also have a bike GPS (speed, distance, elevation etc) that I need to strap on. Hopefully I'll get the chance soon to do some more work on it.

I'm sure things will keep getting better with ebikes & I've seen Stealth Electric Bike improve their bikes rapidly over the past few years as new tech comes out.

how much does this thing cost?
is it possible to pedal at high speeds? otherwise it's NOT a e bike...

The base model Bomber starts at AU$7500 last I checked. Not sure on the Fighter.

stealth_bomber.jpg

DSCF7823R.jpg

That i know of, it's only near competitors with similar off road capability, somewhat decent power, and pedigree of integrated battery frame design are the:

3rd-Element eSpire which retails for around 7,000Euro

espire-17.jpg

The Optibike 850Xli (Lowest spec) which starts at US$9995

Optibike-850XLi.jpg

The Conway E-rider (scheduled for release 2012) Estimated RRP 6,000Euro

conway-erider-efighter-ebike-eurobike-2010mb451639451616jpg.jpg

Some great looking rides there guys!! but they look so clean!! do any of you ever get them off road and dirty? things made for it!!

I suspect the chap in Germany may have a bad cell that is cutting his BMS dont know much about the pack they are using but would suggest it may be an issue.

I would love one of these bikes however dont think the missus would let it go :cry: and there are so many other toys I would also like, I already have 5 e bikes but you can never have enough of them IMHO oh and if you ask how much it is doesnt mean you cant afford it? ha ha it just gives you some idea on how much to reduce it when you tell the missus :lol:

Thanks for posting all your amazing machines, out of all of the off the shelf bikes this is by far the best for me, they need to open a European dealership, get that power limiting button on the bars and you are good to go!!

full-throttle said:
Top gear is equivalent to 52/11 on mine, good for 80kph

on my bike I have 53T / 11T and that's good for Max 55km/h !

full-throttle said:
You know what they say: "if you have to ask you can't afford it"

i could easily afford this, but i love to build my own bike, because i can :D. 7000 euro is ok, could be less.

vodka said:
i could easily afford this, but i love to build my own bike, because i can :D. 7000 euro is ok, could be less.

Its the Stealth bomber that was ~AU$7,500 last i checked (about a year ago). With today's exchange rate that equates to ~€5,450 (Euro). It's the e-Spire that's ~€7000 :wink:

boostjuice said:
Its the Stealth bomber that was ~AU$7,500 last i checked (about a year ago). With today's exchange rate that equates to ~€5,450 (Euro). It's the e-Spire that's ~€7000 :wink:

~€5,450 (Euro) is fair enough. plus shipping and taxes ...

Thanks for kind words knoxie

The bikes see a lot of mud and dirt. One of advantages of exoskeleton design is that it is easy to clean.

I know what you mean by having too many toys (N + 1) I'm the same ;)

I believe this bike shares the same problem:

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/applications.html

wtf? there is no way you can get this bike street legal like this,
especially in Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands...

vodka said:
I believe this bike shares the same problem:

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/applications.html

wtf? there is no way you can get this bike street legal like this,
especially in Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands...

Vodka.

Bugger off and piss in someone else's puddle.

I fail to see how your tail heavy* X5 touring bike is legal while the bomber with power limiting is not.

*If you haven't got the balance right then you haven't got a decent bike - the batteries go IN THE FRAME.

Mark_A_W said:
Bugger off and piss in someone else's puddle.
I fail to see how your tail heavy* X5 touring bike is legal while the bomber with power limiting is not.
*If you haven't got the balance right then you haven't got a decent bike - the batteries go IN THE FRAME.

look, I don't sell bikes and advertise them with 80km/h top speed for commuting. never claimed that my bike is legal whereas I can also do current limiting. the bomber is hell of a off-road bike, I do not compare it with mine. btw i deliberately chosen the pannier-bag way to be cop-stealth. the tail weight is not a problem as my frame is made for it, trust me...

Back