Hobbykings new 5000mAh hardcase LiPos

liveforphysics said:
BTW- Since you're a pyro, you saw my flamethrower I made with Methy last weekend right?

Flamethower? I thought that was a ladies cigarette lighter :roll: There's a picture of my smallest cigarette lighter in this post:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19536&p=285981&hilit=fire+pillar#p285822

liveforphysics said:
AussieJester said:
Definitely is, the upside though, Luke may finally get his first functioning e-bike....worse case scenario, a heap more lipos to blow up... :mrgreen:

KiM

You're jumping to conclusion. I will find a way to make it unreliable and uneconomical. I am a master of this.

Methys post in his methods 26kwh Emoli bug build would support that...i guess

methods said:
Luke told me on the phone today that he has a total of 3 miles on his ebike and 2.5 of those were pushing......
-methods

:lol: How is that LiPoly powered 18HP Twin Motor Brushless MONSTER build of yours going Luke? any closer to actually running?
pics/vidoes?

KiM

SamTexas said:
grindz145 said:
you still can't quite beat the $0.09/Wh of lead, for stationary applications, not the mention the shelf life.

Huh? Where can you buy lead-acid at that price?

Wal-mart....:) Checkout the deep cycle marine batteries for 100 bucks. It's not for ebike purposes, just UPS type of use, but I'm just illustrating how cheap they can be.

p.s.: http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/BAT/BAT24M700.html

Just as a quick google search example, thats actually more like 7cents/Wh (It may actually be hard to get rated capacity out of it but thats another discussion)

Damn.. LFP bought them out. Hopefully, they'll have a 6s out soon.

snowranger said:
Damn.. LFP bought them out. Hopefully, they'll have a 6s out soon.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You snooze you lose! :mrgreen: :twisted: 8) :p

The hard-packs are generally only used for RC cars, and RC cars rarely go over 4s (95% are just 3S), so I wouldn't expect to see 5s or 6s hardpacks, but you never know. :)

Thanks for the explanation on the 4s. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough, because I'm still deciding on accessories, bullet connectors, paralleling adapters, charging, heatshrink, etc.

snowranger said:
I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough, because I'm still deciding on accessories, bullet connectors, paralleling adapters, charging, heatshrink, etc.

AKA, snoozing. :)

Theres always the next great deal to be had, maybe better (got in my order in tho :) ) than this one. If they only had shipped a load of these to their USA warehouse offered for a slightly increased price.. Depending on how many you order you're looking at 6 to 12 dollars extra for freight on each pack on top of the $21.

vanilla ice said:
Theres always the next great deal to be had, maybe better (got in my order in tho :) ) than this one. If they only had shipped a load of these to their USA warehouse offered for a slightly increased price.. Depending on how many you order you're looking at 6 to 12 dollars each pack extra on top of the $21 per pack for delivery.

21 dollars a pack for shipping??

6 to 12 shipping and 21 for the pack .. I edited my crappy sentence. :p

So total of $27 to $30+ per pack depending on how many you order. Still a good deal..

Cool battery. 60 batteries! Thats a lot of connectors. Sla's are a lazy man's battery. I'm lazy!

I hope they end up with stock again soon. These are pretty wicked. Ill keep an eye on em.

D-Man said:
Cool battery. 60 batteries! Thats a lot of connectors. Sla's are a lazy man's battery. I'm lazy!

I disagree. You build the pack once with these, and you're done messing around with it (unless you botch something). I guess it depends where you want to spend your efforts. I don't mind spending some work to build a pack if I know I'm not going to need to dick with it again for years.

liveforphysics said:
D-Man said:

I disagree. You build the pack once with these, and you're done messing around with it (unless you botch something). I guess it depends where you want to spend your efforts. I don't mind spending some work to build a pack if I know I'm not going to need to dick with it again for years.

Luke, say you build a pack out of four of these in series . Can you leave them all hooked up and bulk charge most of the time or do you have to separate them each time?

Not saying anyone else is going to have the same experience,but I bought 60 of these packs, fully expecting to have some bad packs, (i only needed 54packs), and every single pack came in with cells at 3.86 to 3.83v. Not a dud in 60 packs

Either I luck out, they cherry pick my packs, they improved QC, these are quality packs, or a combo of those things.

liveforphysics said:
Not saying anyone else is going to have the same experience,but I bought 60 of these packs, fully expecting to have some bad packs, (i only needed 54packs), and every single pack came in with cells at 3.86 to 3.83v. Not a dud in 60 packs

Either I luck out, they cherry pick my packs, they improved QC, these are quality packs, or a combo of those things.

Unless you've cycled them, how do you know they're all good? There was one cell on mine that started out about .03 volts lower than the rest. This one turned out to be 4 ah instead of 5. If you are talking about no dead cells, then that is a different story.

In 26 packs now, of shrink wrapped batts, not one has arrived with a cell out of balance, not one with low voltage.

Perhaps one in 8 has needed an extra cycle or two to balance on the initial charge, no big deal, just normal break in stuff.

Two however, puffed pretty fast. One puffed in the shipping box, the other soon after. So 60 packs all arriving balanced at 3.8v or so is pretty normal I'd think now. They may be actually checking voltage again before shipping to the US perhaps? They know how fussy yanks are.

For that price, you'd have to get alot of bad packs in order to not be worth the cost.

Just managed to order 10, before LFP gets them all again. I order them in small registered air mail (they go till 1.85kg and no lipo restriction), 3 packs each for 29U$ shipping + I order something small to complete the package.

Back