Adding pictures?

Thanks alot AJ it worked! Wow now Iv'e got to see if I can duplicate the results. What a head ache! Thanks again for the pill!! Finally maybe I can do this now...9-201048 (600 x 450).jpg

Well alrighty then. :D Thanks again for the help. I will be posting pictures of my former folding bike build in the building thread (previous two pictures). However this is a sneek preview of what I am building as we speak.unsorted 201083 (600 x 450).jpg

Your a pro theres no stopping you now hehe

If you haven't sussed it out yet, you can also hit the "place in inline" button once the pic is uploaded so you can place it where you like in your post so your pictures don't all end after your typed text. -->

9-201048 (600 x 450).jpg

The "place in line button" is on the lower left of the text editor box only after you have uploaded your image from your pc.

unsorted 201083 (600 x 450).jpg

:)

KiM

Alright next question. How do you post up a link for someone to just click on and go to it?

Evoforce said:
Alright next question. How do you post up a link for someone to just click on and go to it?

You can simple paste the whole url in your post and people can click on it with this forum. If you want to make it so it opens on another page though you need to place the url between tags. You will see a url button in ...ce, and then place your url between the [url] tags. If you want to get very flash you need to have after it then right what ever word you want people to click to take them to the page your linking, once done end with so the whole line would look something like this

View attachment Capture.JPG

If i wanted people to see motoredbikes and be able to click on it to take them to that url.

Obviously i have taken a snapshot of the way its done or it would of appeared as 'motoredbikes' and you wouldn't see how t was done LoL..

KiM

Hmm.. Going to have to try to wrap a brain cell around that and try it out sometime. Need sleep. Thanks for saving me some time. :) AJ if you look closely at the head of my new headway bike build you will just see the head of my dog. Yep he is an older austrailian cattle dog. I think about 12 years old but doing well. He is camera shy! What a smart dog he is and was very trainable.

I did notice the dog actually thought it looked a lil red heeler-ish hehe the come in 'blue' too, and yes they are damn smart canines! Lovely dogs, great with kids but need plenty of exercise...

KiM

Sorry the instructions were still hard to understand. I just recently got walked by the hand through posting a link. I didn't know how to copy and paste. Baby stuff, but I had never done it.

Open the page you want to link to in another window. Up at the very top there is the page address, http:// etc etc etc. Put the mouse cursor on that, and click the right button on the mouse. Select copy on the box that pops up, and click the left mouse button.

Then go back to the page where you are writing the post, and put the cursor where you want the link to appear if it's not in the right place already. That's move the pointer, and left click. Then click the right button and a box pops up. Click on the word paste with the left button.

That should do it.

Gee,,, I hope you are going to put that bike into the next race in Tucson. Or at least run some laps in the practice session.

I would really enjoy doing some racing and would like to see more events for bicycles too!

dogman said:
Sorry the instructions were still hard to understand. I just recently got walked by the hand through posting a link. I didn't know how to copy and paste. Baby stuff, but I had never done it.

Open the page you want to link to in another window. Up at the very top there is the page address, http:// etc etc etc. Put the mouse cursor on that, and click the right button on the mouse. Select copy on the box that pops up, and click the left mouse button.

Then go back to the page where you are writing the post, and put the cursor where you want the link to appear if it's not in the right place already. That's move the pointer, and left click. Then click the right button and a box pops up. Click on the word paste with the left button.

That should do it.

Gee,,, I hope you are going to put that bike into the next race in Tucson. Or at least run some laps in the practice session.

My first sentence explained what you have just typed, the address you refer to as http etc etc is calle d a URL. Find it hard to fathom someone that can build a pc and join an internet forum hasn't stumbled on how to cut and paste... :shock:

KiM

For resizing I suggest using Irfanview batch feature.

You can quickly resize a folder full of pix to 800px wide, using the Batch Convert. To ensure that you don't ruin original files, COPY your pix to a new location (not MOVE), then proceed.
IrfanviewBatch1.jpg
The advanced settings allow specifying width:
IrfanviewAdvanced1.jpg
I usually also use the rename feature, to add a suffix to the new filenames. Then I can distinguish them from originals or other versions.
IrfanviewRename1.jpgThe above pattern adds "_sm" to all the batched filenames.

TIP: it is usually better to resize an image only once, so repeated compression does not degrade your pix. If you need to change the size again, start with the original size copy.

Well I was one. I never built a computer, but I have modified a few. Nuts and bolts, plugs and wires yes, how to use the dang thing is another story.

It's funny isn't it, how you can be smart as hell in one category and dumber than a box of nails in another. For instance, I screw up my time card at work while counting my hours on my fingers. :lol: :lol: :lol: . But I can detect the real source of a roof leak better than professional roofers. I can really visualise stuff in 3d in my mind. But I can't count to ten using my fingers.

dogman said:
Well I was one. I never built a computer,
No ...but Evoforce stated in his OP that he could so i figured he coulad already at least 'cut & paste' hence
i didn't expalin that. :)

KiM

Yes I have built many many computer systems. Put the hardware all together install all the software, troubleshooting etc.. Have to try to figure on using my brain more instead of my brawn in the future... This so far is the only forum that I post to. I would never have used up this amount of time in the past posting. That said, people of ES have really helped me gain knowledge in areas where I have a great interest and continue to inspire me to learn more. I had no need for cut and paste before. Now I might just help point someone in the right direction by providing a link! :wink: P.S. I might just have to relearn how to use a slide rule.

Evoforce said:
P.S. I might just have to relearn how to use a slide rule.

hehehe... i believe AutoCad replaced the slide rule a
couple of years ago actually :mrgreen:

All the best...if you need anymore help PM me and ill do what i can to help...

KiM

OK photo time!
View attachment 100_0729 smaller.jpg
View attachment 100_0728 smaller.jpg
View attachment 100_0727 smaller.jpg
View attachment 100_0726 smaller.jpg

All the rest has survived. Got the front wheel off and mounted it in a second fork. Hooked up controller and WattsUp meter. Spun fine with no unusual noise or vibration. Wheel is only about 3/4" out of true. Will get trued at LBS. Astounded that the Ping pack survived yet a second crash. Took it out of the Topeak bag and no dents or other visible damage. Topped off the pack and checked. All cell groups still in great balance.

Two days later a few low grade aches and pains but doing fine. From a low ache in my left shoulder I figure that's where the van hit me and knocked me off the bike onto the sidewalk. It happened so fast and so violent that I can't say for sure. Now just have to wait for postal settlement and see what they give me for new bike.

I was shuddering at some of those Chinese bike crashes. They come a little too close to home... :shock:

regards,
Bill

In a forum about adding pictures you have these of your crash, did the van not see you? bloody cars, hope you get better and get a good bike out of it

If you are a mac user I find mpeg streamclip to be really good, to bring a pic' down to about 620 x 480 a free download and can convert video files but for a fee of $30 you van also convert vob files into say mpeg4

If you are going to use
Code:
[img]http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=53575[/img]

rather than "Place In Line" after you have uploaded to the ES server using the Upload Attachment tab, Where do you get the image ID from?
I see that you can first use Place Image In Line, submit the post and View it, then right click the image, and Copy Image Address,
then go back and edit the post , removing the inline pic and using the tabs, but wondered if there was a way to get the ID of the uploaded image directly after attaching

[color=#8040FF]Edit: got it

"Right Click and copy link" doh!
[/color]
[color=#800000]EDIT 2....but now image appears twice...once between image tabs and once at bottom of thread as attachment. Can they be uploaded to ES server and just be placed with image tabs and not appear as attachment?.....thinking....ah now I understand the earlier post about a 'dummy thread' ...Maybe I should now delete my entire post...and pretend this posting never happened...and not look quite so dumb :oops:
[/color]

NeilP said:
EDIT 2....but now image appears twice...once between image tabs and once at bottom of thread as attachment. Can they be uploaded to ES server and just be placed with image tabs and not appear as attachment?
One way is to make a post just for storing images. You can use this topic: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144 . It's kind of a catch-all topic, from the early days.... just add a post to the end and tel visitors to disregard it.

NeilP said:
I see that you can first use Place Image In Line, submit the post and View it, then right click the image, and Copy Image Address,
then go back and edit the post , removing the inline pic and using the tabs, but wondered if there was a way to get the ID of the uploaded image directly after attaching[/quote]
Why do you not want to just use the Place Inline function? Is something about the image not displaying the way you want it to?

If it displays like you want, then just use that function, and save the IMG tags for images you want to put in a post that aren't attached to it.

FWIW, you don't have to actually go back and Edit the post to remove the inline image, if you instead use Preview post instead of Submit post to see what it will look like. ;) Just change the post itself before Submitting, below the Preview window.

amberwolf said:
Why do you not want to just use the Place Inline function? Is something about the image not displaying the way you want it to?

Probably no reason...I was focused on getting the image tags to work from files uploaded to the ES server...I was thinking Image tags...not Place in line...which does work as well...except if I was lazy with my re sizing

nd save the IMG tags for images you want to put in a post that aren't attached to it.
Al images I have posted so far are either ftp'd to a hosting server...or on my owner server in the attic here at home. I think I will go thru my posts and upload to ES server..makes viewing the posts i future so much less annoying than seeing the Missing photo icon. it was only last night that I noticed the Upload Attachment icon

amberwolf said:
FWIW, you don't have to actually go back and Edit the post to remove the inline image, if you instead use Preview post instead of Submit post to see what it will look like. ;) Just change the post itself before Submitting, below the Preview window.

Preview ...the very little used tool in many of my posts...force of habit I guess.I should use it more.

I am pretty sure I am learning as much about computers as I am about bikes here :D maybe :oops:

Back