E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

voicecoils said:
My Fighter? For sure! (*goes off to rewire packs for higher voltage*).
I didnt realise you had the fighter, I thought it was a bomber. In which case you'll need those extra volts :p

Is Tony two stroke a kitted up bicycle or motor bike ?
I've got a little 160cc pit bike that I'd love to put up against my bike or a bomber. I reckon it'd be pretty close up to ~60ks where they start to run out of puff. Is your fighter up and running now ? We'll have to organise a get together shortly.

What did you think of the 9 speed gearbox?
I thought it was nice and it certainly keeps things neat and integrated. Personally though, for what they cost I couldn't justify the expense over a rear derailleur set up considering I very rarely shift out of top gear. With several kw on tap I imagine it'd take alot to self restraint to shift down gears and pedal harder rather that just using the throttle to blast you back up comfortable pedalling speed in top gear.

Hot rodding is an easy one for the geeks & that doesn't change the lifetime warranty on the Stealth frames.
John mentioned having Kepler torture his bomber provides good R&D info for him. I've dubbed him 'Kepler the Canary' as I'm sure John is waiting for him to fall off the perch so he can see what the bombers can really take :lol:

Shame I missed you Hyena, would have been great to meet you in person.

Would have been good to let you have a ride of my slightly modified Bomber too. Al, who works for John, gave it a spin and had no problems holding a big wheelie at about 40kph. John was cranking it over and power sliding it on the concrete which was quite good to watch too. Controller was a little on the warm side after the boys had finished with it thats for sure. "Kepler the canery" yep thats me :lol:

The standard bike's batteries are well protected with a full function BMS that keeps the cells in balance and of cause takes care of LVC. The controller has a set LVC also as a backup to the BMS so the batteries have double protection.

:shock:
That just looks friggin' quick. Or is it the trick of the wide angle.

What sort of speeds were you averaging there?

Crazy friggin bastard :twisted:

I hope you know the trails well, a sudden 90 degree bend....

(I'll ask you tomorrow where it was.)

We want some more pics of the bike!

Stuff the pics. Bring the bike to work.

Been following these bikes for a couple of years now and other e_motos as well and really rate how quick this tech is rolling forward! Got my intermediate motor bomber this thursday and have'nt bothered posting my thoughts because i've been enjoying it so much :D I was scared I wouldn't like it? But after riding it i'm so glad I invested in it! Has more to torque than I expected and realy gets that front wheel up so easy .... I'll have to share some of my vis and pics on here soon when I get more download .... Wouldn't mind a 1600 or so watt limit to help from being able to incresse tange but even so the least range i've gotten has been 38 km and thats full power and boggy patches, steep hills, quick take offs! Don't have the patience yet to find out the best range on full power mode, i'll post that as soon as I get a good one :wink:

full-throttle said:
Just a short video, some snippets from the first ride :)
Sorry about the quality.. and turn the sound down
[youtube]ilnyomTpZ5I[/youtube]

SWEEET! Finally someone who rides one like I would!! Kick ass video, just needs some tunes!

Cool vid, looks like you were going a liiittle fast in a few sections :)
Did you get that gopro link I sent you ? Are you going to get one ?

You still using the sensorless lsdzs 12 fet controller ? What sort of current are you running ?

Weighed the bike yet ? I know it won't be representative of the other bombers but I'm interested how much is saved with lipo, the smaller motor and the lightened frame.

Re: youtube and sound tracks, I think it depends on the artists and if they've said they don't want it used .

I had a vid muted a while back due to the audio but a recent one just came up with a bar saying the song title and an itunes link to buy it if you wanted.

I don't know how you can commute on a bafang when you also have a bomber! A 9x7 with 30a controller and 12S lipo is the bare minimum I could commute on I reckon :lol:

Thanks Jay!

The controller is lsdzs the one you got me, 'slightly' modded: 4110 fets, 100V low-ESR caps, extra ceramic 100V caps, PTFE 10AWG wires, extra copper on tracks, 1mOhm shunt. 70A. There were a couple of glitches, need to sort them out, prob just add more caps.

Thanks for the GoPro link, I'll order it (better quality, lots of mounts, waterproof, etc..)

The bike should be in the low 40s, will find out soon. Would like it to be a bit lighter.. Could go without the gearbox as you said, but it came in handy on steep uphill sections.

What I really like is the geometry and balance- its so easy to pick lines. The suspension is also great - the cam was on the bars and it hardly moves. What do you expect: the designer has a lot of experience with motorbikes.

Apart from the extra weight the other thing I didn't like is the knee-to-frame clearance. Will need to change my style a bit :)

Cool. How is the sensorless motor going ? Any hesitation off the line? Did it get hot with 70a battery current ?

full-throttle said:
Would like it to be a bit lighter.. Could go without the gearbox as you said, but it came in handy on steep uphill sections.
I certainly wouldn't remove it now that you have it, I meant if you were starting from scratch I'd opt to save a the cash and weight.

the other thing I didn't like is the knee-to-frame clearance. Will need to change my style a bit :)
Yeah I imagine if you're landing from drops or jumps or standing up over rough stuff you'd bash your knees a bit. The only time I ever whacked my knees on my norco was landing a jump, and it was a good inch narrower than the stealth. That said you'll do the same on alot of dirt bikes too

Bike looks great Full-throttle. Bike looks great in plain black but it shows the bike can handle a bit of colour too. I really like the white with the carbon fibre inserts as an option too. Also opening up the frame a bit makes it look a lighter too. Nice vid. You ride a bit harder then I do even if you were only going at 70% :)

Hyena said:
How is the sensorless motor going ? Any hesitation off the line? Did it get hot with 70a battery current ?
No problems, even starting up a hill. There were a couple of glitches when I tried to ramp the throttle too fast though.
The motor got hot: 45-50*C... No, I'm not drilling holes :)
How hot does the unmodified 9C get?

Yes amazing video full throttle, your bike and riding style demand a better camera so really looking forward to some ripping videos in HD from your go pro!! bike looks amazing, love the colour too, me sooooo jealous :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Knoxie

As always, thanks for kind words Knoxie,

Yep, there will be more videos, better quality, different angles AND much better locations.. just need to find time

A while ago you commented about bikes looking clean, well here's a pic of the demo bikeView attachment demo.jpgNote: the seat looks bent because it is - the bike been 'flipped' on the ride: bent seat rails, pedal, brake lever.. frame intact!

Kepler,
Just remembered that I still have a bunch of files on my PC of the colour-schemed Bombers and Fighters by the industrial designer at work (he owns a Fighter BTW)
These two might be worth posting ;)bomber_red.jpgI was sussing the idea at the time of a single-crown 26" Bomber.

I like the red but the white one with CF looks very sweet.

full-throttle said:
The motor got hot: 45-50*C... No, I'm not drilling holes :)
Bah,that's not hot!
How hot does the unmodified 9C get?

HOT :p
I haven't drilled the 9x7 on my commuter bike and it gets damn hot - too hot to touch for more than a second. Mind you I'm putting 6kw though it twice daily. I do so fairly sensibly though (only bursts of current over 40 amps and I don't lug it up steep hills pulling constant high current. I have a spare so this is kinda my R&D guinea pig. The phase wires are upgraded so it'll be a hall or coil that goes first if it does die.

full-throttle said:
Cheers Kepler!

Yeah, white goes well with carbon-fibre panels (guess what my 2nd option was ;) )
A black & white Fighter would look great with a pair of these:..just a thought..

Keen to go for a ride??

That does look good. The Red with carbon is more "in your face" though. :)

Definitely up for a ride. Would be good to get John and perhaps a few other local riders together too. Hopefully **** has dried out now. Maybe midweek sometime if you can get a few hours off work.

Get your cameras rolling then guys!! would love to see some video of you all riding out together :mrgreen:

Kepler said:
full-throttle said:
Cheers Kepler!

Yeah, white goes well with carbon-fibre panels (guess what my 2nd option was ;) )
A black & white Fighter would look great with a pair of these:..just a thought..

Keen to go for a ride??

That does look good. The Red with carbon is more "in your face" though. :)

Definitely up for a ride. Would be good to get John and perhaps a few other local riders together too. Hopefully Lysterfield has dried out now. Maybe midweek sometime if you can get a few hours off work.

So how does the bomber perform under winter conditions?

For the past days i´ve been riding around at temperatures as low as -17 degrees. Only myself, the rider, almost froze half stiff. :D
Even though i took the bike from my rather warm basement, +18 degrees, directly outside everything worked perfectly. At first i was a bit worried that condensation on the controllers pcb could cause problems. Nothing failed, even the shoxs, brakes and off course the v-boxx ran like clockwork. After 2 hours outside, it was time to take a hot bath and inspect the bike. Before allowing it to rest and recharge again, i grabbed my laser thermometer and measured the following parts:

The front shox: -15
The rear shox: - 11
The controller: +2 ( Hehe, i bet at these temperatures it would be capable of more amps. :twisted: )
The frame: -9
The battery inside: +14

So, now that´s proof that even under sub zero conditions this wonderful machine doesen´t fail you.

Back