Even Newer 4 to 24-cell Battery Management System (BMS)

Hi,
I have found the error. It has been an interrupted trace on the second channel! Now everything is working! :D

electraflyit said:
Is no news good news?
Eddie
Absolutely! :D

V4.jpg

If I had any authority, I'd declare this thread 'for amusement and entertainment only'. ;) But I'm not and can't so I won't even THINK about it. :lol:

edit...
Oops..what Gary said. ;)

This is great news! Really looking forward to upgrading from my v2.3 BMS.
Thanks guys!
- Nate

The new version can be expanded to any number of cells, has a universal charge control circuit, balances at 5 amps, is about the size of a cigarette pack and will cost about $20 for a 16s board fully assembled.

April fool :D
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Seriously, I think I've finally got it worked out good enough to get my official seal of approval.
It only took about 2 years and left a long stinky trail of burned components, blood, and enough circuit boards to reach half way around the world if placed end to end.

We'll start a new thread describing it soon.

fechter said:
We'll start a new thread describing it soon.
Would that be this one?
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26554&start=0
;)

fechter said:
The new version can be expanded to any number of cells, has a universal charge control circuit, balances at 5 amps, is about the size of a cigarette pack and will cost about $20 for a 16s board fully assembled.

April fool :D
(sorry, I couldn't resist)
After that I think you better leave it a while before visiting down here...................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ok I know this thread has been put to rest for a while, but I'm just about to hook up a goodrum fechter v2.5 to my headway 24s pack, but I lost the paper sheet with instructions Andy sent me. Does anyone have the wiring instructions for my BMS?

Thanks

OMG - are you guys still beating on this thing :eek:

The thread that will never die.... epic

-methods

I have the v 2.5 bms instructions from t p packs on my computer as a pdf file.
Too big to post here but pm me and i can e mail it to to you if you want.

Thanks for the PDF Icewrench. I've posted it online in case anyone else wants it: http://www.mediafire.com/?zvtlesx2cotuzb1

My BMS is slightly different, here's what the PDF has:
GF_pdf.jpg

and my BMS:
26102011878_2.jpg

more of mine:
26102011877_2.jpg

The question I have is of the thin charger negative connection. Does my BMS board have that point somewhere or do I have a version that doesn't need it?

patrickza said:
The question I have is of the thin charger negative connection. Does my BMS board have that point somewhere or do I have a version that doesn't need it?

Yes, you need a jumper from the SW pad to charger negative when you are charging.2.5 power switch location.jpg

I am interested in building a 30 cell BMS
Could you provide me with a schematic for your 16 cell board.
And where can I buy a raw PCB
any info will help.

Back