Portland - PSU Friday, April 22 Earth Day Event

SunCoaster

100 W
We can have an Endless Sphere table at the PSU - Earth Day Event in the Park Blocks from 11am to 4pm.

Please indicate if you can come (I need to tell the organizer how many ebikes will be on display).

Greenerwheels will assist with organizing this.

Maybe there will be some sunshine...

Sunshine, could we be so lucky? Here's a poster for the event
earthday.jpg

I was at the Portland Bicycle show last weekend, I put my Revive in the pimped bike show, it was the only conversion kit ebike at the entire show, this is an opportunity for us to show the viability of owner built ebikes so if your in the area it would be great if you could bring your bike to show and help answer questions. I'm putting together a couple of hub motors so we can set them up on a table for people to get a close-up look at them 1 geared and 1 direct drive.

Greenerwheels

I will be there!! If it rains... that sucks! oh well :)

Will there be outlets for charging? I'd like to hand out test drives and my batteries are gonna get sucked dry, i know it :mrgreen:

I think I can arrange charging not at the display area, but at a nearby lab where I work - easy access through a gate, down a ramp into a protected loading area. This is about 200 yards from the Park Blocks display area.

Hm OK. I think i will just bring extra batteries then.

How about 3 solar panels and an inverter, if we have the space we can set up my array to charge batteries, we're going to have to have a planning meeting before the event

I can bring the iCharger, it is designed to run off of 12v lead acid batteries. It can charge your batteries too, greenerwheels. It will do anywhere from 4v-43v charge.

well..... I MIGHT just have my eVFR Motorcycle finished by then (or at least enough to show hopefully), but if you guys want to keep it just bicycles, I understand, I can talk to the OEVA guys, since some of them will be there too.

AC20 motor/Curtis 1238-7501
160 Headway 38120S cells
Elithion BMS
DeltaQ charger
Vicor DC-DC

I agree with suncoaster, its more than just about ebikes, it's about making sure people know they have a choice in building their vehicle the way they want and not have to be stuck with what the manufacurers push on us.
That's my opinion anyway

Greenerwheels

I just don't want to rain on your parade in any way. I've been more of a part of this forum over the past 4 years than I've ever been a part of OEVA, and I would hate to do anything to upset anyone. Thanks, We'll see how things go....I hope we can get things done by then. I'd love for it to be showable.

Tom tipped me off to the event (thanks!). Not sure if I'll have my latest incarnation ready by then, but now I have a target date to shoot for :D

BTW: Anyone doing anything with hydraulic motors?

Update from Steve ( greenerwheels ):

We will have charging available from another group that is bringing a solar station. ( they need something to charge from it... how convenient huh? )

I will be bringing my bikes with the idea that we'll be handing out test drives from time to time.

OK; so who is bringing what?

I will be bringing my Trek bike i converted,
As well as a very stock, buy-it-at-the-store, ecobike elegance.

wait, so is this May 22nd like the subject says, or is it April 22nd like the poster says? May 22nd is a Sunday.... so it must be a Typo.

Oh well, won't make it with my bike.....

Can someone change the Subject to reflect the correct date?

Wow, I really screwed up the date in my initial post - corrected now to the April 22 date. If everyone else who has posted could edit and correct we will avoid confusing other people.

Sorry about that.

It's probably going to be a busy day for me, but I'd like to stop by for an hour or so. Put my pretty paint job to a use other than attracting thieves. It'd also be nice to see some Lipo setups in person since I'm delving into that realm.

That will be important to know, I'm not sure exactly sure as of yet, I'll email the event director and see if we can get an exact location. I was thinking about going down to the campus and getting GPS co-ordinates for our location. I'm also trying to finish my Cobra in time to bring it to show. If I don't have co-ordinates I'll make up a couple of cross streets and post it tomorrow. Please let me know if there is anything (short of money or blood) I can do to help anyone wanting to make it to the event.

Thanks
Greenerwheels

Wow, I'm really bummed that I can't make it, thank you all that told me about this event, my health has had me near bed ridden the last few weeks or so, but I wanted to let you all know I appreciate the info!

Hopefully my health will improve soon, at times it's even difficult to get online and look at email/chat here because my condition effects my ability to concentrate, and I get some pretty nasty fatigue at times, just didn't want anyone to think I have disappeared. :wink:

Back