Mark_A_W's DH Team/MAC Shanghai/64v Headway build

No, I'd have to pull the whole bike apart.

The current issue is occasional "missed starts", not stutter

Resistor fix ?? ??

BTW, at 56v nominal i get the missed start thing too on my 9FET. Always happens from a dead stop with some incline.
Never happens on 38v nominal.

Hey thanks Mark.

Just so'z I don't have to back through the whole thread again, does the "missed start" anomaly go away or is it slightly alleviated if you do just a bit of pedaling when you start out? Thanks for the refresher. :)

Oh, I was thinking of the shuttering effect you had a long time ago, at low speeds, and you addressed that by programming more phase amps.

Tom

Gentlemen, and Ladies,

What is the max phase current I should use with my MAC shanghai? Considering I will be climbing very long, very steep hills. This is a 2wd A2B ebike that has a cute 108 motor(9:1 planetary gears) in the front run by a 6fet lyen and all powered by the two stock LiMn batteries.

I will be tweaking the phase current of my lyen 9-fet along with battery current(Which had at 40A) and throttle settings. Is there any way to change the throttle curve and still have 120% throttle available? Lyen said there are two settings I can play with as I don't have a 3speed switch and those are "speed limit" and "speed 2"

I've attached my controller ".asv" Profile for anyone who can take at look at the 9 fet, and maybe the 6 fet too.

Attachments

• 9 FET A2B.zip
    259 bytes · Views: 136
  • 6 FET A2B.zip
    258 bytes · Views: 70
Cell_man set my motor stock to 30amp batt/80amp phase, seems to work for me. Does about 40 amps constant up steep hills, which, seems to be just on the threshold of safety for the windings / phase wires.

Well, another day another failure.

The BMC V3 freewheel failed, so I got it welded.

Then the Keyway failed, so I got the freewheel welded to the axle.

But a welded freewheel puts enormous shock loads on the gears, as they never get a break - when you roll down a gutter, the gears get the full force of that bump.

So the gears lasted 20k's. :(

The MAC motor is now officially DEAD, and I'm now in the market for a direct drive motor (with a big axle).

On the upside, my Tab Welder for making packs out of Headway cells is working, just need to actually make a pack now. I guess I have some time....

Mark when you get the DD up and running I would be really glad if you could make a comparison.

Regards

Mark_A_W said:
The MAC motor is now officially DEAD, and I'm now in the market for a direct drive motor (with a big axle).
Bugger. So what DD hub were you thinking? One of the new Crystalyte's?

Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear about your drive failure. This is the reason I went to the 5304 and stayed there, its heavy, its brutish, but at the end of the day it survives pretty much everything I throw at it (at 48v), however I was very tempted by the lighter weight of the MAC and the BMC.

edit: PS I love the box you made - I'm just about to start designing one for my bike (which is currently off the road with pack failure) - rebuilding it any then will be making a fibreglass box too :)

Take Care,
Haydon

Mark_A_W said:
Well, another day another failure.

The BMC V3 freewheel failed, so I got it welded.

Then the Keyway failed, so I got the freewheel welded to the axle.

But a welded freewheel puts enormous shock loads on the gears, as they never get a break - when you roll down a gutter, the gears get the full force of that bump.

So the gears lasted 20k's. :(

On the upside, my Tab Welder for making packs out of Headway cells is working, just need to actually make a pack now. I guess I have some time....

Nah, X5 is too heavy - I want to be able to lift the bike.

I'm thinking about a HS3540 or whatever the new one is called.

MArk, have yo u tried the new gears?? they seem very strong!

No, the motor is completely dead.

I'm slowly building a new battery pack and saving for a new motor (3540). The geared motor experiment is over, the concept is good, but the engineering is not up to the task = they go fast but they break.

Bummer, yeah the DD hubs ARE very reliable, I have one too from Conhismotor and @58V hot 30A it moves real good! 37MPH and decent acceleration too! Can't beat the price either! Nice beefy axle too!

hi whiplash,

i have ordered a controller 48v 2000watts, 18fets, for usd65.00 . Included shipping, i think this controller will arrival my house in a few days time. i run this conhis motor for a year plus. the speed is usual the same , only 50km/h + . Do you think , by going from 48v 1500watts to 48v 2000watts, will my speed increased to 55km/h ? is it possible. im light weight man. 65kg. ? my goal is 55km/h, i will be happy about it. i also heard some guys got a offer from conhis, he got a price for a hub motor of usd50.00 ??

48v 2000watts = what is the speed if loaded with a light weight man 65kg ? can any body please guess ?

cheers..
kentlim

I gessing your going to get more torque, but the speed shouldnt change in a straight line.

Because of backEMF, Voltage will pretty much determine your top speed, not amps. You will have more torque, and generate more heat, but not speed.

/JD

Guys

This bike is for sale (dead motor).

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45797

Cheers

Back