Use this when U don't want to create a short lived topic.

Lessss

1 MW
http://www.lightfootcycles.com/
Was browsing around and came across this. They have some interesting bike frames and offeer electric conversions.

Ok web surfers I want some links.

I want electric vehicles available in North america that are in production that are
1) 4 wheeled
2) 4 seaters
3) has trunk space for groceries
4) Is NOT A NEV i.e. highway speed capable.
5) Not a conversion
6) Isn't a myth.

Actually, Lessss, Transforming a gas vehicle to electric is not difficult at all. Never done it, but if you think about it, if you turn the key, without starting the motor, everything works. Cars and trucks are already electric.

The most difficult part is linking the electric motor to the drive, and that is easy. The most work is actually to remove all the junk from the car. Motor, trany, exhaust pipe, alternator and gas tank.

The reason I offer this solution eventhough you want a prefab, is because they will not manufacture such vehicles ever. The next step for them is to sell us hydrogen, because they want to keep selling us something.

They = Governments, gas companies, cars manufactures and everybody involved in world economy...

Like stated above, not likely to see EV production here soon, but imports and conversions are readily available.

http://eaaev.org/

:D

OE
OE40.jpg

biscuitbiscuit1.jpg
sworksgq0.jpg

sigpic1

lmao24.gif
blahblah76.gif

Attachments

• sigpic1.jpg
    sigpic1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 604,598
At most very indirectly related to EV's, but hella interesting:
"Must-know terms for the 21st Century":
http://sentientdevelopments.blogspot.com/2007/01/must-know-terms-for-21st-century_11.html

Also this site is pretty neat:
http://www.overcomingbias.com/

OK I'm about to do something really stupid. Spend about 12 grand importing some bikes(at least I hope it's only 12 grand).

Need some help.
Anyone here familiar with importing a 20 foot container of stuff from China? Anyone from Canada? Anyone from Canada re stuff being electric bikes?

Anyone ever dealt with Canada customs tarrifs and duties on said items. reply here or PM me please.
These are what I'm bringing in...

Ignore the colours, the spoked wheel is 22" Front looks like it would be easy enough to convert to a front hub.

What do you think would be a fair price on these?
200 lumens lights, pedal assist and constant on switch, expanding break(orange and green) and drum break(purple), 100km: ≤1.2kwh, no gears on pedals.

Can anyone say The blind leading itself from pan to fire?

Controllers in front of the pedals under the feet on the smaller bikes (unlike almost every other bike I've seen which leaves them exposed to water cast off from front wheel.
Orange is 22" wheel purple is 18" wheel Big purple is 3 inch by 10 inch

OK I'm about to do something really stupid. Spend about 12 grand importing some bikes(at least I hope it's only 12 grand)...Anyone here familiar with importing a 20 foot container of stuff from China?

This after your horrendous experience with the "chinese sailing ship" ?

You know what they say about one definition of insanity?
Doing the same stupid thing over and over again, expecting better results...

If these are as crummy as many chinese ev's still are, you'll have to make a choice: eat the $12k+ investment, or try to pawn-off the crap on others, which would require deceptive advertising. Assuming you receive the shipment as ordered, that is. And there's no effective legal recourse for defective/missing/misrepresented products imported from China yet either. hmmm...

Well considering that almost ALL bikes are made in China electric or not, the only real thing you can do is look for the best you can find. This is about the 12th manufacturer I've talked to. Getting the details is like pulling teeth. This manufacturer Haoteng Industry & Trade was giving me details before I asked for them and seems to have the better product. They also aren't saying yes we can do this that and the other for you. They for instance said no to putting a 500W motor in the smaller bikes. They also actually have a website up in chineese which the others didn't.

I don't hate my XPe I hate the price I paid for it and the lies the seller told about it. Particularly the 500 W motor really being 350W with an over amped controller. There being rust on everything and the protection for the wire entering the hub being non effective. In other words it was an old demo several years old. I'm guessing 2002.

If I were to go with just the smaller bikes the order would be 18 grand cause more of them fit in the container. By splitting between the different types I'm lowering the cost.

So the real question is anybody got any horror stories about this SPECIFIC manufacturer Haoteng Industry & Trade

Passwords, are the cornerstone of a good security policy.
Here's a really good tutorial about 'em:

http://www.whitedust.net/view.php?PageID=79

Not everything from China is junk. Just most of it, when it comes to electric scooters. I don't have any experience with mainland Chinese companies, so I would suggest doing some homework or trying to find somebody else who recently received an order.

But... if it's junk, then why bother. I think you'd be better off finding something that was at least well made and won't cause you endless headaches with dissatisfied customers. There has to be some ebikes or scooters that are made decent. Doesn't there? Can't think of any off hand, but they may exist.

I want electric vehicles available in North america that are in production that are
1) 4 wheeled
2) 4 seaters
3) has trunk space for groceries
4) Is NOT A NEV i.e. highway speed capable.
5) Not a conversion
6) Isn't a myth.

The reason I offer this solution eventhough you want a prefab, is because they will not manufacture such vehicles ever. The next step for them is to sell us hydrogen, because they want to keep selling us something.

Haven't you guys been following the Phoenix? You should look here:

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/

Top speed 95 mph, 100 mile range, 250,000 miles on battery pack, about $45K.

Looks very promising, and I've seen one in the flesh. Initially for fleet sales, let's see where they go.

Right now it is in the box thinking holding things back. We think we need better batteries. What we really need is a better way of accessing electricity as we travel.
Something like an electric trolly line network that can be used by cars(trucks really) and buses. Why haul batteries along with you? The road had to be built, so build it with an electric delivery method. You want to go outside a city, THEN use batteries. That combination will handle 95% of the personal transport needs of any modern country. What can't be hadled by that model could continue to use ICE's and petrol.

Hmm more thinking. Why not build a roof to cover the roads as well( at least through residential and city areas. It'll keep the snow off. You could mount light weight solar panels on them to generate electricity and when it is a cold rain or snowing you could you could heat the roof to melt the snow(at least in the areas with the panels). No more telephone poles for running power, phone and cable.

Why not build a roof to cover the roads as well( at least through residential and city areas. It'll keep the snow off. You could mount light weight solar panels on them to generate electricity
What we really need is a better way of accessing electricity as we travel.
Something like an electric trolly line network that can be used by cars(trucks really) and buses.

Fine ideas, but I think too expensive to roll-out on a large scale basis. Like other large networks, something like these may come into being piecemeal, over many decades.

* a roof to cover the roads

* a better way of accessing electricity

* like an electric trolly line network

* No more telephone poles for running power, phone and cable

Progressive cities have these, millions of people use them daily: they are called subways, metros, monorails and elevated trains.

I have never been puked-on in the subway, but I used to keep a clean set of duds at the office just in case.

:shock:

Progressive cities have these, millions of people use them daily: they are called subways, metros, monorails and elevated trains.

That's not what was meant. Those elements of transportation systems are only available over very tightly constrained spaces and times, and as public transportation modalities, require abrogating the freedom to travel alone or with people of one's choosing.

Most of the world is not a city. Would we want it to be?

Subways require a lot of digging. Just popping up a structre over a road to carry a light load of cables and shed snow with a peaked roof doesn't.

The idea is that you can still use a personalized vehicle running on a battery outside these zones then switch to using onsite electricity as you enter the zone.

Hopefully eliminating an annual budget for snow clearing and instead receiving income in terms of an electric usage license based on a metering system in the vehicle and from electricity sold generated from solar panel roofs.

Aslo providing weather protection for pedestrians on sidewalks, and reducing ugly power poles.

What was meant is ambiguous...

Covered roads and a network of channels for power, communications and public transportation fit very well within the context of high density communities, but not exclusively.

Many of the mass-transit systems extend well into, and between suburban areas, where residents walk or bike to stations. Those mass transit systems often share rails with freight rail lines and long-distance passenger rail, bringing greater efficiencies to the total infrastructure.

Keeping in mind that rail-beds also carry trunk lines of mass communications including the Internet, share right-of ways with natural gas and power lines... they actually reduce the need for the "pave the earth mentality" that roadbuilders and sprawl promoters use to build edge-cities that draw vitality from urban centers.

The abrogation of "freedom" to travel alone or with others of one's choosing is the not an abandonment of any state-given or human right, but a choice between civic and environmental particpation or the self-serving, antisocial, paranoid mentality that seeks refuge behind the wheel of the largest SUV one can afford.

Most of the world is water... I'm OK with that.

>>>>annual budget for snow clearing <<<

Right. :roll:

If you really want to consider budgets and the health of the planet, consider how much foreign-oil we taxpayers put into the atmosphere by cutting GRASS by the millions and millions of miles of roads in this country. Growing clover or other low-maintenance ground cover could reduce millions of tons of hydrocarbons emitted, reduce billions in costs and dependence on big-oil.

Few thoughts on that:

Plowing Québec city costs ~1million per day, a good storm takes 3 days to get completely cleared.

More and more of our highways are managed by "ecological treatment of vegetation", I dunno how they call it in English but what it means is they'll mow once a year to prevent trees and bushes from getting too big. It makes those parts look like soviet Russia movies.

TylerDurden said:
If you really want to consider budgets and the health of the planet, consider how much foreign-oil we taxpayers put into the atmosphere by cutting GRASS by the millions and millions of miles of roads in this country.

Not me :) (ok, it's not beside the road, but I've been waiting ages to plug my lawnmower conversion :lol: )

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cujcs

>>>> Not me :) <<<

Didja let the grass get that tall just for the video?????

I look forward to converting my Simplicity 728 garden tractor to electric. Finding an ElecTrak is not only hard, it's bloody expensive.

For small stuff I have a 12V B&D cordless mulching mower, but it would gag on the tall grass in your video.

Three cheers for one less "mobile-source"...

TylerDurden said:
Didja let the grass get that tall just for the video?????

Not intentionally :lol: Took me a bit longer than planned to finish the conversion, the grass getting steadily taller was just the motiviation I needed.

TylerDurden said:
For small stuff I have a 12V B&D cordless mulching mower, but it would gag on the tall grass in your video.

That's 36V of MY1020 power in that video :lol: Maybe you should overvolt the B&D :wink:

Back