ES Rules - Have your say !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guys volunteering to moderate are usually the last ones you want... Particularly if they are on a vendor's gravy-train.

If you don't like what you wrote someplace on ES, you can always edit it to make yourself feel better.

That doesn't guarantee someone hasn't cached it for future reference...

Attachments

• Endless-sphere-EGM-Optibike-p6.pdf
    216.1 KB · Views: 136
extremegreenmachine said:

....i just want to walk around wearing that badge so people stop picking on me.

.. it won't stop people picking on you or earn you respect, if you say something retarded, moderator "badge" or not your
going to get told about it.

KiM

AussieJester said:
extremegreenmachine said:

....i just want to walk around wearing that badge so people stop picking on me.

.. it won't stop people picking on you or earn you respect, if you say something retarded, moderator "badge" or not your
going to get told about it.

KiM

As it should be ! 8)

Correct. The "badge" does not earn you respect, nor courtesy, etc. Rather, respect and courtesy (both by you and for you) *could* earn you the "badge". I certainly didn't ask for mine, and I'm not even entirely sure it's a good idea, but it's there. ;)

jannypan said:
This forum has (had) more bickering and name calling than a forum I mod that is 10x larger, thanks to a very small handful of members.

Holy sh*t talking spam-bot batman. lol

I think there should be some amendment to the rule regarding post count and which battery icon you get.

Too many people are doing short worthless posts just to try to earn a better battery icon.

I vote since i guaranteed have more words per post then just about anyone....that one of you admins bump up my post count to like 5000 so i can get one of those cool gigahurtz symbols.

That way it would send a good message to the techy types to lengthen their posts.

Check it out...word count per post... i am probably the winner.

Hook me up guys! Or how about an endless sphere trophy like this one:

Attachments

• trophies.JPG
    trophies.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 5,387
Yeah that's right...Tyler Durden is the master of the short post.

Longest post count he ever did that i saw was like 2 paragraphs (it was brilliant 2 paragraphs by the way) brutally attacking craig, leader of the optiguys.

Tylers post count should be pumped down to 500...make an example of em....just switch post counts with me and give me his gigahurtz symbol...and give him the lame AA battery icon i got.

Lets make an example of him....and a hero of me...yeah that would work. :mrgreen:

I know its a hard pill...but we could get brilliant guys like Tyler to put more time into their posts and provide more info...and once i got 5000 posts i can shorten my posts down...more abbreviated.

I am a chess player...

And one thing that makes the game funner and fairer is touch move...and once you take your hand off the piece the move is over. Without that rule players would have no discipline and the game would slip into chaos quickly. WHen i teach 5 year olds chess i teach them touch move...its good discipline and makes them think with there heads before they move...think with your head not with your fingers....perfect advice.

I see no reason why members should be allowed to edit their posts after they have posted. Especially after someone has commented on their post. In many cases it can make the poster after the fact look dumb unless he takes the time to quote the original poster first. Several times here on ES i have seen users respond to a post and the orginal poster just edit down his post which makes the responding poster looks silly...the responding poster then feels he should edit his post and it turns messy.

At-least editing posts after the fact should be discouraged...there should be a limit to number of posts one can edit in a week...or a time limit...lets say 10 minutes after posting. That would be my vote....10 minutes after making a post it become permanent...cannot be changed...a little less harsh than touch move.

These are easy setting in phpbb that could quickly be adjusted.

Also a lof of the fun of forums are the train wrecks that can sometimes happen when a poster types too hastily. Just as in chess...touch move forces users to be more careful on what they post. And if they arent careful bam....trainwreck...and like it or not trainwrecks are fun for fellow forum users to watch (I am guilty of a few of those trainwrecks) If you want less chaos on the forums...touch move may actually help that.

I recommend that ES goes to a touch move system..once you hit the post button...your turn is over...if you want to correct something you said....post again...and apologize.

By the way, before anyone jumps me, I will admit I am one of the most guilt for editing posts after the fact...i post too fast and type too fast thats for sure and go back later to clean up my errors because i can....so i am not being hypocritical...i am just saying that guys like me should be tamed down. I promise that i would not type so fast and post so fast if this rule were implemented. :mrgreen:

Posts here should be forever....as originally posted. When posters realize there posts are forever they will be more careful and diligent when posting.

Makes perfect sense ypedal....nevermind....well how about user must type reason for edit..and be warned that edits are for technical corrections only? There is a "explain reason for edit" feature in phpbb...ES'ers are a great group and if they are just told that they cant edit content without good reason i think for the most part they would abide.

xiaochun3612 said:
All those smiley faces are cheesy.

There aint many women posting on these forums whose idea was the smiley faces?

Someone should take those smiley faces off of here.

I think that anyone who over uses smiley faces should first be warned..second smiley face on one post they get a harsh heart to heart from a moderator....after 3 they are banned from the sphere forever. They are making us look dorky.

Wow this guys is brilliant...

Wait a minute....i can swear i wrote something like that earlier in this thread word by word....

Thats the first time i have been plagiarized on the sphere...thought it would never happen.

There should be some rule of stealing words from other members without quoting... :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Was a signature spammer. ;) His IP was even found as a spammer on more than one of the anti-forumspam sites, as were variations on the username with that IP.

I hate spammers. :p

johnrobholmes said:
You can tell somebody that they are an idiot without being a rude idiot too. It just takes a bit more mental fortitude.

That is so cute.

Is this The Huntingtonpost..,?

johnrobholmes said:
You can tell somebody that they are an idiot without being a rude idiot too. It just takes a bit more mental fortitude.

Some people look like idiots without any help. :lol:

1of3 said:
Is this The Huntingtonpost..,?

>>At-least editing posts after the fact should be discouraged...there should be a limit to number of posts one can edit >>in a week...or a time limit...lets say 10 minutes after posting. That would be my vote....10 minutes after making a >>post it become permanent...cannot be changed...a little less harsh than touch move.

I appreciate edits, allows one to think/post freely. If restictions are placed on the edit time it tends to inhibit those that might post freely otherwise.

-Kevo

PS: ES Rules are excellent as they stand, any ammendments should be reviewed with grave concern for preserving the openness of the community as it now stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back