New Crystalyte Motor series (HT35 / HS35 and HT24 / HS24)

i agree.
But where do you buy stuff then?

I ordered a controller from Edward in USA [Lyen] He is a great guy and ships very quickly but still sometimes it takes 5-6 weeks to get it in Europe. Even though he is using premium service!
I am now waiting a month and still no sign of it.
Other thing, if it gets broken - the shipping fees and time to and back will take so much!
Especially if it is a heavy hub motor! Not mentioning getting stung by the customs

Spacey said:
I did a paypal charge back thing...got their arse in gear pretty quick.

Terrible service for a European company, I mean really terrible.

wojtek said:
do call them please!

it seems the only way that works. And the only way that prompts them to do anything!

I returned the PAS controllers like over a month ago. Since that time i called them few times and they kept saying that there is a delay in receiving them from Kenny. Last time i called 2 weeks ago and they said they would have them in a week. So i was hoping to get them last week but nothing untill yesterday.
I called them yesterday and they said that they have them in stock and will ship the day after. [today]

If i didnt call , i would wait another month or two.

Regarding motors however, they will receive them next week. But make sure you call them and remind about your order.

nieles said:
hi,

can someone tell me how long it took Crystalyt Europe to ship a hub motor?

i ordered on may 31, but i have not heard from them since. no email, nothing
i also heard they do not respond to emails very well, does someone know if they are in the dutch or french part of begium?

i hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

thanks for the help guys!

i just called them, and they say the HS motors are not in stock. but will be coming in next week..

i guess i will have to wait a little while longer..

I have an HS3525 from crystalyte-europe. The controller was the crystalyte 36-48V/45A sensorless rear.
As it didn´t worked i phoned them and the guy told me that the first batch of these copntrollers needed PAS. So i returned it and a week ago i received the new one which is (supposed to be) without PAS. Throttle is half twist 3 pin from ebikes.ca. Battery is a 16S 4P A123 from cell_man.
Plugged everything in - nothing. Battery fully charged, controllers LED on...
Even the motor phase adjustment does nothing. (On the last one, at least this made the motor turn)

I will switch to a Lyen controller aaarrgghh :evil:

Thats the crystalyte controller: Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 3,618
wojtek said:
I ordered a controller from Edward in USA [Lyen] He is a great guy and ships very quickly but still sometimes it takes 5-6 weeks to get it in Europe. Even though he is using premium service!
I am now waiting a month and still no sign of it.

I ordered from Edward on 27 April, we finalised the controller options on 2 May and I received on the 12 May. :D

My motor from Crystalye Europe was another story, ordered 27 April, received 24 May. :cry:

groundproximity said:
I have an HS3525 from crystalyte-europe. The controller was the crystalyte 36-48V/45A sensorless rear.
As it didn´t worked i phoned them and the guy told me that the first batch of these copntrollers needed PAS. So i returned it and a week ago i received the new one which is (supposed to be) without PAS. Throttle is half twist 3 pin from ebikes.ca. Battery is a 16S 4P A123 from cell_man.
Plugged everything in - nothing. Battery fully charged, controllers LED on...
Even the motor phase adjustment does nothing. (On the last one, at least this made the motor turn)

I will switch to a Lyen controller aaarrgghh :evil:

Thats the crystalyte controller: Any suggestions?

A quick look at Edwards instructions gave me this for a Crystalyte throttle:

Pin 1: +5V (red)
Pin 2: Ground (black)
Pin 3: Throttle Signal (Green)
Pin 4: Battery VCC- or to the ignition wire (thin red wire) from the controller (blue)

Hope this helps.

nieles said:
i just called them, and they say the HS motors are not in stock. but will be coming in next week..

i guess i will have to wait a little while longer..

HS motors come in containers by the 100's. They are at sea for weeks and in customs/transit for days to weeks. The only way they could have stock "next week" is if the container already landed, passed customs, and is basically ready to pick up - OR - they could have an air shipment already in transit (doubtful). Either way - Crystalyte (in China) is months behind on back-orders and "Dont worry, it will be here next week" is the oldest story in the retail game. They want to keep you waiting as long as they can so that they don't lose the sale.

Please dont accept this type of "customer service". Try and find another retailer who will at least BE HONEST with you. Even if they really expect to have stock next week there are so many possible delays when dealing with shipping and customs at the port that there is just NO WAY that they can make a confident statement like that. Nothing can be said about availability until they are sitting on the stocking shelves!

Seeing how you guys are being treated by this Crystalyte retailer is really rubbing me the wrong way. :?

-methods

At the moment we have enough HS and HT motors on stock, including or excluding hall sensors, controllers, and all other parts. Www.fietsunie.nl is online soon, or send an email info@fietsunie.nl
We are located in the Netherlands.

methods said:
HS motors come in containers by the 100's. They are at sea for weeks and in customs/transit for days to weeks. The only way they could have stock "next week" is if the container already landed, passed customs, and is basically ready to pick up - OR - they could have an air shipment already in transit (doubtful). Either way - Crystalyte (in China) is months behind on back-orders and "Dont worry, it will be here next week" is the oldest story in the retail game. They want to keep you waiting as long as they can so that they don't lose the sale.

Please dont accept this type of "customer service". Try and find another retailer who will at least BE HONEST with you. Even if they really expect to have stock next week there are so many possible delays when dealing with shipping and customs at the port that there is just NO WAY that they can make a confident statement like that. Nothing can be said about availability until they are sitting on the stocking shelves!

Seeing how you guys are being treated by this Crystalyte retailer is really rubbing me the wrong way. :?

-methods

that is what i thought. i will give them 2 weeks, after that i will ask for my money back.
when i was on the phone with them i didnt get te feeling he wanted to help me

it was almost like: :sigh: another costumer to help

thanks

PS
bazaki,
is that your shop?

the website does not work..

At the moment we have enough HS and HT motors on stock, including or excluding hall sensors, controllers, and all other parts. Www.fietsunie.nl is online soon, or send an email info@fietsunie.nl
We are located in the Netherlands.
Can you paste price list here?

Be patient guys,

2 weeks ago I ordered the HS from Crystalyte Europe and they told me it will arrive in 3 to 4 weeks ( with rim takes little longer ) so if they now say it will arrive in a week or so then they are not lying..... if it arrives.........

I ordered the Lyen sensorless controller also and that one arrived within 7 days, pretty fast IMO.

Lets see how these two things work together on my KMX, I hope good, because Bazaki wasn't too happy with it and the concensus here on ES is to better put halls in them, although these ( sensored ) seem to brake down more often, because all the failures with these motor from what I can see ( in this thread ) is with sensored HS/HT
I'm confused....... :?

TruusjeKMX

Truusje79 said:
Lets see how these two things work together on my KMX, I hope good, because Bazaki wasn't too happy with it and the concensus here on ES is to better put halls in them, although these ( sensored ) seem to brake down more often, because all the failures with these motor from what I can see ( in this thread ) is with sensored HS/HT
I'm confused....... :?
I know in some cases the wiring for sensored motors was done by converting a sensorless design, not the original design intent, because there was/is not enough room for the sensored wiring & it could get cut & short & so the hall wiring placement is an afterthought too. Why all the screw-ups? The motors were built & designed for sensorless & had to be modded after design and/or production too.

Are real design changes being made for the present production runs? :?:

Hopefully, Methods' shipment is a true sensored design with all the wiring "spacing" to avoid cuts & shorts near anything sharp or when going under the wiring coils for Hall placement? Those are two inbred design defects that were not corrected for when converting a sensorless designed motor directly into sensored, imo. :evil: This is only what I've gathered by reading some posts, so I have no personal experience "knowing" exactly where the problems are. But there are design flaws if converting a sensorless design & forcing it to be sensored too, imo. :?

Nice job, do you also have pictures of the shaft tunnel with wires ? I'm wondering how you will fit everything through that.

What for you will install hall sensors, if Crystalyte sells sensorless controllers?

Hall sensors are very inexpensive, and fairly easy for the assembly line to install them correctly at the factory, difficult for the average customer to add them, and it's possible for someone who is inexperienced to install them wrong.

Having halls in the motor is a wise choice. It allows the customer to decide what controller they want to use. Also, a customer may already own an expensive controller that requires halls, so that person does not have to buy the Crystalyte sensorless controller if they don't want to.

A motor with halls will still work with a sensorless controller if that is what you want.

anyone knows the reason Kenny doesn't want to install hall sensors? is it about making more money by selling ensorless controllers? Same with crystalyte analyst, the controllers shipped to Europe don't have the CA cables with an excuse that there is an "issue" or compability problems ...
I know that some US vendors pressed successfully Kenny to make controller with CA from Justin.

Hey wojtek - you hit on a bunch of very important issues that a lot of people are talking about. Let me comment on what you said so that some others can better understand the situation as it stands today.

wojtek said:
anyone knows the reason Kenny doesn't want to install hall sensors?

Yes Kenny (with Electric Rider I suspect) switched to sensorless to try and regain market share from the Infineon / 9C crowd. Think about it... 99.9% of Infineon controllers require halls.... so if the xlyte motors are sensorless then it only makes sense to buy the Crystalyte sensorless controller. Crystalyte used to be the best name in the market - even just a year or two ago they were the only game in town. Then the Infineon controllers EXPLODED onto the market - running away with most of the money.

wojtek said:
is it about making more money by selling ensorless controllers?

Yes it is about making money.

wojtek said:
Same with crystalyte analyst, the controllers shipped to Europe don't have the CA cables with an excuse that there is an "issue" or compability problems ...

Please DO NOT refer to the Crystalyte box as a "Crystalyte Analyst". I have carefully reviewed the specifications on this box and it in no way replaces the CA or is comparable to the CA. People may be a little excited when it first comes out... but when they realize that under the hood it is mostly bells and whistles without any meat and potatoes a lot of folks are going to be trying to install true Cycle Analyst cables (or buying Stand Alone) versions.

wojtek said:
I know that some US vendors pressed successfully Kenny to make controller with CA from Justin.

There is NO COMPATIBILITY ISSUE. The CA can pick off the digital speed signal JUST FINE from the sensorless controllers. Justin even posted the instructions right here on ES.

Kenny can put sensors in the motors
Kenny can use 35mm stators
Kenny can install the CA connectors on his controllers

It is up to YOU the customers to DEMAND this! Do not settle for less! Don't allow business to get in the way of the ELECTRIC REVOLUTION!!!!!

new subject:

If you are new and you are reading this - PLEASE - before you make a purchase take the time to learn how important it is to have halls in your motor (compatibility with any controller) and how important it is to have a CA tap on your controller (the ability to log Ah... i.e have a Fuel Gauge). Using Voltage to determine the state of charge of a battery is unacceptable - especially if running LiFe cells as they pretty much flatline until they are 95% depleted. An ebike is like a car.... you never want to run out of gas!!! Does anyone here drive their car until it is out of gas - then try and push it to a gas station :shock: Hell no - and ebikes are just the same.... and to avoid this situation one must have a proper measure of Ah - so one must have a CA.

-methods

So methy, all you guys talk about Kenny at Crystalyte. Is he the owner, chief engineer, chief sales guy... or all of them? How big then is the company Crystalyte?

Back