Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

This sounds awesome! A controller that monitors each cell would be very useful and would cut out the need for a separate BMS during discharge. I guess I'll be getting an Android phone soon! :mrgreen:

Greetings.

I am having an issue with installing the Windows Drivers for Win7 x64. I understand that there is only support for x86 at this time. Please let me know when you have a driver update. At this stage of the game, I have the device integrated into my system. Notes are as follows:

• Attached two heat probes to external case of each controller about the midpoint of where the FETs are attached. I added additional heat shrink near the end of the probes to armor the termination, then added cable sheathing for additional protection where the wires pass through the articulated section of my full-suspension MtB. As an afterthought I realized that it would likely make more sense to insert the probes directly inside the controller, although that is more work than I can have time for this AM.
  • Speed Sensor is near the rim on the rear tire. The magnet assembly is not designed to handle my thick spokes and therefore was located near the rim about an inch away. The screw does not fully engage the threads if the spoke is too thick. Ref: http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/single-butted-spokes/
  • When connecting the batteries to the controllers, I use a large 5W resistor to slow the current and reduce the spark which corrodes the contact points, shortening their lifespan, and inducing resistance. When I connected the device to the batteries the unit began to flash red/green alternately. I attached the large resistor on the opposite side between it and the controllers and waited a good 5 minutes before disconnecting and attaching the controllers directly; there was a large spark that followed, therefore I must conclude that resistor needs to be attached as
    Controller-Speedict-Resistor-Batteries to avoid the spark.
  • Is there a way to turn the device off? I fear extended connection may risk battery depletion unless there is a LV cutoff.
  • Without the x64 Windows Driver I am unable to complete the setup, and my Android cannot connect to the device.
We look forward to a solution.
Best regards, KF

Kingfish said:
Greetings.

I am having an issue with installing the Windows Drivers for Win7 x64. I understand that there is only support for x86 at this time. Please let me know when you have a driver update. At this stage of the game, I have the device integrated into my system. Notes are as follows:

• Attached two heat probes to external case of each controller about the midpoint of where the FETs are attached. I added additional heat shrink near the end of the probes to armor the termination, then added cable sheathing for additional protection where the wires pass through the articulated section of my full-suspension MtB. As an afterthought I realized that it would likely make more sense to insert the probes directly inside the controller, although that is more work than I can have time for this AM.
  • Speed Sensor is near the rim on the rear tire. The magnet assembly is not designed to handle my thick spokes and therefore was located near the rim about an inch away. The screw does not fully engage the threads if the spoke is too thick. Ref: http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/single-butted-spokes/
  • When connecting the batteries to the controllers, I use a large 5W resistor to slow the current and reduce the spark which corrodes the contact points, shortening their lifespan, and inducing resistance. When I connected the device to the batteries the unit began to flash red/green alternately. I attached the large resistor on the opposite side between it and the controllers and waited a good 5 minutes before disconnecting and attaching the controllers directly; there was a large spark that followed, therefore I must conclude that resistor needs to be attached as
    Controller-Speedict-Resistor-Batteries to avoid the spark.
  • Is there a way to turn the device off? I fear extended connection may risk battery depletion unless there is a LV cutoff.
  • Without the x64 Windows Driver I am unable to complete the setup, and my Android cannot connect to the device.
We look forward to a solution.
Best regards, KF

1. yes the magnet is hard to fit in to 2.3 mm spoke, we are sourcing bigger magnet but still no luck !
2. for high voltage yes you can add resistor to it.
3. the only way to turn off the speedict ebike, you can either disconnect battery or add a switch on it, as we want to make speedict's size as small as possible therefore we didn't add power switch on it.
4. we have no plan to provide x64 bit driver as this moment. can you tell me why you cannot connect android ?

if there is any problem please send me back for replacement :)

cheers,

danny

Here's an option if XP mode doesn't work - install Virtualbox or VMware player and install 32 bit XP in it......

jonathanm said:
Here's an option if XP mode doesn't work - install Virtualbox or VMware player and install 32 bit XP in it......
Yeah, I am going to try that in a bit :)

By hook or by crook, KF

Besides recording and displaying temperatures, what other temp related functions are there? Is there a min/max temperature setting, i.e. when reached can trigger an alarm and/or disconnect power? This is a good alternative if it can handle at least 120v.

shinyballs said:
Besides recording and displaying temperatures, what other temp related functions are there? Is there a min/max temperature setting, i.e. when reached can trigger an alarm and/or disconnect power? This is a good alternative if it can handle at least 120v.

up to this moment our speedict ebike only display and record temperatures data, if want to control such as cut power, we need some intervention like "governor" feature we are going to provide as additional board for speedict ebike later ...
to handle 120v, please take a look of our ev solution attached, it can support whatever 500A 1000V ....
by the way, if we provide temperature alert feature such as we did for voltage high low alert, where you put your temperature sensor to ? to measure your speed controller or battery pack temperature ?

Attachments

• ev project.png
    ev project.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,223
First and foremost is to monitor temperature of the Motor and Controller. Battery cell temp monitoring is also important to insure usage is within its temperature operating range.

Just received my Speedict eBike. Newbie question: How and where do you connect the speed magnet sensor and the white/black/red wires with 3 pin female plug. On the device, i assume the battery is connected to INPUT and out goes to the controller.

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

gerrydesign said:
Just received my Speedict eBike. Newbie question: How and where do you connect the speed magnet sensor and the white/black/red wires with 3 pin female plug. On the device, i assume the battery is connected to INPUT and out goes to the controller.

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

hi gerrydesign,

please refer to user guide page 5 for wire connection and ebike application e.g. monitor power system or monitor battery charging etc., for speed sensor just install as typical bicycle speedometer :wink:

speedict said:
gerrydesign said:

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

hi gerrydesign,

please refer to user guide page 5 for wire connection and ebike application e.g. monitor power system or monitor battery charging etc., for speed sensor just install as typical bicycle speedometer :wink:

Attachments

• wire diagram.png
    wire diagram.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,070
speedict said:
gerrydesign said:

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

hi gerrydesign,

speed sensor installation ...

Attachments

• sensor 02.JPG
    sensor 02.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 3,069
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to validate my connections.

• So how far from the hub/center of the wheel should I mount the speedo sensors?
  • Where does the end of red/white/black wire go to?
  • I can connect any device like mobile phone, halogen light, etc... doesn't matter what voltage, on the output side as long as it's in the correct polarity, is that a correct assumption?

Sorry for the newbie questions, it's just it's too expensive to mess things up playing with electric current :)

see picture:

ebike.png

gerrydesign said:
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to validate my connections.

• So how far from the hub/center of the wheel should I mount the speedo sensors?
  • Where does the end of red/white/black wire go to?
  • I can connect any device like mobile phone, halogen light, etc... doesn't matter what voltage, on the output side as long as it's in the correct polarity, is that a correct assumption?

Sorry for the newbie questions, it's just it's too expensive to mess things up playing with electric current :)

see picture:

yes both sensors connected correctly, don't worry the sensor pins' polarity, just make sure the both main input and output polarity are correct otherwise will damage speedict ebike, put your speed sensor as near as you can normally ~1cm as i said it is install as normal speedometer (because it is speedometer), should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to ask !

cheers,

danny

Tried connecting it via bluetooth...after waiting for 5+ minutes, still no connection. Any advice?

gerrydesign said:
Tried connecting it via bluetooth...after waiting for 5+ minutes, still no connection. Any advice?

1. can i have your phone model ?
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect)
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version

cheers,

danny

speedict said:
gerrydesign said:

1. can i have your phone model ? Motorola Atrix
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before No
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect) Green and red light a flashing
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version v.2

cheers,

danny

3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect) Green and red light a flashing

gerrydesign said:
speedict said:
gerrydesign said:

cheers,

danny

ok got it, can you pair speedict ebike first, the method to pair speedict ebike as you pair any earpiece, should you have any difficulty to pair device, please let me know.

cheers,

danny

I got it to pair. It's five zeros"00000". I was putting in four zeros :(

Now that it's paired, is there anything I need to do to make it work? Live view currently is not showing anything, just 00. Thanks in advance...

Back