Is this the same KnightMB that sold us out?

This is a KnightMB who is into Linux and operates a server farm/ datacenter. Think its the same Guy?

http://bitcointalk.org/?topic=6825.0

Tennessee is the clincher.
and this is his personal domain.
knightmb.dyndns.org/files
deliberately didn't make it active.

Michael Brown (knightmb), you have not told the full story here, and this is not the first time you have screwed an employer. If you do not do the right thing now, this will come back to haunt you.

You are also in over your head. Has it occurred to you that you owe $850,000 of federal income tax on this "deal"? Fortunately for you, we do not have state tax in Tennessee, but you will still owe business taxes, and you haven't even applied for the right licenses.

You have one chance to do the right thing here. You know what it is.

Seems that KnightMB has something worth a lot of money over time... like one million.

Got it from something called Bitcoin...

Bitcoin enables rapid payments (and micropayments) at a very low cost, and avoids the need for central authorities and issuers, with a ten minute wait for confirmation. Digitally signed transactions, with one node signing over some amount of the currency to another node, are broadcast to all nodes in a peer-to-peer network. A proof-of-work system is used as a measurement against double-spending and as an initial currency distribution mechanism.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
Has it occurred to you that you owe $850,000 of federal income tax on this "deal"?
[/color]

If this is anywhere near true then Trevor has massively overpaid for the site and it's not up to everyone else to bail him out. Personally I think if this is representative of the figure that Trevor is hinting at, then I call BS.

After reading the thread that Luke found. I`d say there is no way that MB will be heard from around here again.
Certainly not going to give back the money for the sell out.

"Endless Sphere Technologies company profile" is available for public viewing on the internet.

Keep digging guys, keep digging. Look for where the $'s flow .

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance

There may be tax liabilities encountered when transacting with or trading in bitcoins. Some of those that are possible might be described below.
This page was created by those in the Bitcoin community to help in understanding tax compliance concerns. This is not legal advice nor accounting advice. For either for those consult your attorney or accountant.

Are bitcoins taxable if I earned them by doing a service for someone else, or received them in exchange for something?
Anything that you receive as payment for goods or services is generally taxable income unless it is specifically exempted.
That means, if you mow your neighbor’s lawn, it doesn’t matter if he pays you $20 in cash, or $20 worth of bitcoins. (Or $20 worth of tomatoes for that matter)
You are still legally required to report it to the IRS as income. Now, if you don’t, the IRS will probably never know, but try to mow 10,000 neighbor’s lawns and not report the income and you will be much more likely to get caught.

Ever thought the IRS might be "a friend" in a "time of need?"

See the last review on this page...he does not like dishonesty.

http://nashville.citysearch.com/profile/41573108/nashville_tn/computer_repair_nashville_tn_geeks_mobile.html

And the owners response is interesting as well...

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15239757143/a-247-computer-repairamedic-franklin-1

This refers to knightmb's "acquisition" from his employers in Feb. '11.

http://www.bitcoinblogger.com/2011/05/bitcoin-gets-serious-with-sadness-anger.html
One bitcoin.org forum member was able to acquire over 300,000 bitcoins from one of his former employers who thought bitcoins had no value. Those bitcoins were sold for $5,000 when they were actually worth over $2 million dollars!

According to mtgox the current value of a BTC is ~$7.60

Making KMB worth $2,846,011 USD in BTC alone. Of course the market fluctuates rapidly, and if he sold them all at once he would cause the bottom to drop out of the market.

Still though... what a crazy twist. Worlds most expensive flash drive?

knightmb is either scared for his life right now, hired a top-notch security crew/bodyguard(s), or fled the country with backup encrypted flash drives. Who knows, maybe he bought an island and named it Bitcoin Island Grin

if he's smart he's destroyed all evidence linking him to his online persona.

knightmb, you should use a portion of your fortune to make a big time transaction. Maybe buy a Tesla Roadster. Maybe you could talk to Elon Musk directly about it. I mean hey you've got 5 million right now and the sky is the limit. Some big purchase would get lots of attention. You'll probably be a billionaire within the year.

IRONY LOL

He mined coins using Amazon EC2. The guy is a genius whether he is evil or not.

genius slumlord

-methods

You gotta admit that Mr. Brown was pretty shrewd and advantageous when collecting those bitcoin "tokens" that his Tennessee employer thought were not worth much if anything. I must admit that I need to read up on how this bitcoin thing works. I never thought that such a system could yield real money, but Michael obviously figured it out to his own benefit.

It's a shame I didn't know about all this just 2 weeks ago, because I was actually in Franklin and never knew that he or ES were even there.

Bitcoins are popular in the underground where one does not want to leave a financial trail. There are large "anonymous" websites where you can buy drugs, contraband, etc. and many of them take bitcoins as payment. Buyers and sellers have a persistent pseudonym that can collect feedback while maintaining anonymity. Pretty clever really... but only a matter of time before someone figures out how to circumvent.

-methods

flathill said:
He mined coins using Amazon EC2. The guy is a genius whether he is evil or not.

If he was truly a genius he wouldn't have been caught and left traces of his activity everywhere. Neither would he have sold this forum - to further draw attention to himself.

Sly, perhaps. A genius, definitely not.

We should all download the bitcoin client and start using our computers' spare processing cycles to pay back the forum :mrgreen:

Back