Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

gerrydesign said:
I got it to pair. It's five zeros"00000". I was putting in four zeros :(

Now that it's paired, is there anything I need to do to make it work? Live view currently is not showing anything, just 00. Thanks in advance...

if no load is connected (no current is pass through) the Current is remain zero, if speed sensor is not connected you see Speed value is zero, however ... you should see VOLTAGE value right ?

speedict said:
gerrydesign said:

Now that it's paired, is there anything I need to do to make it work? Live view currently is not showing anything, just 00. Thanks in advance...

if no load is connected (no current is pass through) the Current is remain zero, if speed sensor is not connected you see Speed value is zero, however ... you should see VOLTAGE value right ?

Connected it between battery and controller while ebike is bluetooth paired then ride the bike to work, Live view still shows '00' on all the values even voltage :( I will reinstall Android client and see if it fix it and get it to work. If it still not working, I guess I just hav to return it :(

gerrydesign said:
speedict said:
gerrydesign said:

Connected it between battery and controller while ebike is bluetooth paired then ride the bike to work, Live view still shows '00' on all the values even voltage :( I will reinstall Android client and see if it fix it and get it to work. If it still not working, I guess I just hav to return it :(

please make sure firmware 2.0 + android client 2.0 download from android market, which is latest version otherwise it may display 0 value

Update firmware to 2.0 now everything is working. I just need to install speedo sensor. I was in the assumption that it will be plug and play since I ordered it not too long ago and all firmware are up to date. The PC suite also didn't say that 2.0 is latest version is the latest version. Perhaps, it will be helpful to a future noob buying speedict to have everything updated.

Good product though, just need updated support materials.

gerrydesign said:
Update firmware to 2.0 now everything is working. I just need to install speedo sensor. I was in the assumption that it will be plug and play since I ordered it not too long ago and all firmware are up to date. The PC suite also didn't say that 2.0 is latest version is the latest version. Perhaps, it will be helpful to a future noob buying speedict to have everything updated.

Good product though, just need updated support materials.

congratulation ! thanks for your comments, should you have any queries, you can post it here or contact us directly :)

I upgraded speedict to firmware 2.0 and android e-bike 2. Live view works fine, but I cant synchronize data from speedict. Neither from pc suite, neither from android. Android application even crash in 10 seconds. Calibration from PC works fine. Any idea where can be the problem?
J.

Jara said:
I upgraded speedict to firmware 2.0 and android e-bike 2. Live view works fine, but I cant synchronize data from speedict. Neither from pc suite, neither from android. Android application even crash in 10 seconds. Calibration from PC works fine. Any idea where can be the problem?
J.

can i have the error message of synchronize pc suite and android ? let focus on pc suite download data problem first.

cheers,

danny

I erased all the records from speedict, and now synchronization works from android and pc suite too.

Jara said:
I erased all the records from speedict, and now synchronization works from android and pc suite too.

hi jara,

yes i was told by some users, it happened to some users, when we have time we will investigate it, the record you erased was our testing data because we test and calibrate each unit before ship, but .... those data are normal nothing special ....

speedict said:
currently we focus on android only, we love to support iphone but apple block its bluetooth from transfer data because they want to control developer to use their connector and request profile sharing :(

we did on iphone by written app directly control the bluetooth chip, but now iphone changed the bluetooth chip to broadcom ... we didn't follow ...

Would it be very difficult to add ANT+ support? – The Wahoo ANT+ key exists for the iPhone (and they publicize their API) so I think an iPhone App could be built to talk to the Speedict over ANT+.

bissont said:
speedict said:
currently we focus on android only, we love to support iphone but apple block its bluetooth from transfer data because they want to control developer to use their connector and request profile sharing :(

we did on iphone by written app directly control the bluetooth chip, but now iphone changed the bluetooth chip to broadcom ... we didn't follow ...

Would it be very difficult to add ANT+ support? – The Wahoo ANT+ key exists for the iPhone (and they publicize their API) so I think an iPhone App could be built to talk to the Speedict over ANT+.

it is nothing about the technology, it is licensing issue, connect anything to iphone's 30 pins we need profit share with apple up to 50%, apparently it is not our choice ... we did wifi prototype but will not on production yet because we are busy on another project, but i can tell you wifi is our direction on iphone and android !

Where can I download an unsigned driver? Its because you can install, you just turn off the validation of digital signatures. Driver from win 7 x64 does not accept. Literally: "device is not recognized, contact the manufacturer"

us__007 said:
Where can I download an unsigned driver? Its because you can install, you just turn off the validation of digital signatures. Driver from win 7 x64 does not accept. Literally: "device is not recognized, contact the manufacturer"

hi could you please pm your email address to me, i will send you the 64bits driver we did for vista 64 earlier, hope it can help !

Hello Danny!
Here are some hints from first weeks of use:
1. The issue of large spoke and small hole in magnet can be solved by longer wire to the sensor. I have rear motor, so I mounted the sensor on front wheel with usual bike spokes. I use same tires on front and rear wheel so there should be no big difference in measured values. Usually people place control unit/battery somewhere in the middle or above the rear wheel. The supplied wire is too short to reach. I would recomend longer wire - plus 20-50 cm. It is better to fold it a little bit than to miss a piece of wire.
2. I tried to pair it with 3 mobile phones. The Java application works fine with Nokia 6303i (Symbian 40), but refuse to cooperate with Nokia 97 (Symbian 60) and HTC TyTN II (Windows mobile 6.0). The HTC also showed a message:"The eBike midlet threw an exception during a lifecycle call, and has been terminated. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" With all phones I did the same - first pair bluetooth device (success), then run java applicaton. If you are not going to fix the bug, please try to collect a list of compatible devices. If you already solved this, please upload a link to dounload the application.
3. PC application - I use netbook with small screen to download the data. The window with charts in your application is bigger than my screen - the top menu is hidden. This is just a little uncomfort, but would it be possible to set up a screen resolution in the settings to optimise the chart window?

Thank you!

Tomi_901 said:
Hello Danny!
Here are some hints from first weeks of use:
1. The issue of large spoke and small hole in magnet can be solved by longer wire to the sensor. I have rear motor, so I mounted the sensor on front wheel with usual bike spokes. I use same tires on front and rear wheel so there should be no big difference in measured values. Usually people place control unit/battery somewhere in the middle or above the rear wheel. The supplied wire is too short to reach. I would recomend longer wire - plus 20-50 cm. It is better to fold it a little bit than to miss a piece of wire.

we may have solution for this, we customized bigger magnet can mount on 3.5mm spoke, we are working with the manufacturer for this (see attached photo)

2. I tried to pair it with 3 mobile phones. The Java application works fine with Nokia 6303i (Symbian 40), but refuse to cooperate with Nokia 97 (Symbian 60) and HTC TyTN II (Windows mobile 6.0). The HTC also showed a message:"The eBike midlet threw an exception during a lifecycle call, and has been terminated. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" With all phones I did the same - first pair bluetooth device (success), then run java applicaton. If you are not going to fix the bug, please try to collect a list of compatible devices. If you already solved this, please upload a link to dounload the application.

some phone company enhance or modified standard java library especially for their UI therefore no 100% sure compatible, with more rich feature and complex interface we are going to launch with our coming products, we will focus on Android platform only not only their consistence but also because of its powerful hardware ....

3. PC application - I use netbook with small screen to download the data. The window with charts in your application is bigger than my screen - the top menu is hidden. This is just a little uncomfort, but would it be possible to set up a screen resolution in the settings to optimise the chart window?

for compatibility consideration the chart windows we based on javascript + html, therefore we can put it on cloud without any modification and even run on mac, the downside is this approach is more difficult to do good graphic presentation, so Android tablet may be our next move, we did firmware upgrade via wifi or 3G network, download or upgrade logs / charts to our cloud server, so please understand

Tomi, thank you so much for your comments and suggestions !!

cheers,

Danny

Thank you!

Attachments

• magnet-01.JPG
    magnet-01.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 4,916
speedict said:
smallest android device on ebike ? speedict run on it ?

http://www.wimm.com/platform.html

It might be cheaper and easier if you develop a widget for Sony Ericsson LiveView. Do you know it?

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/liveviewmicrodisplay?cc=gb&lc=en

Something similar to sportypal widget

SportyPal-PRO-for-Sony-Ericsson-LiveView-Android-Device.jpg

jlcd said:
speedict said:

It might be cheaper and easier if you develop a widget for Sony Ericsson LiveView. Do you know it?

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/liveviewmicrodisplay?cc=gb&lc=en

i know wimm, but personally i like sonyericsson, will get one and port our interface to it ...

speedict said:
jlcd said:
speedict said:

i know wimm, but personally i like sonyericsson, will get one and port our interface to it ...

Great! I'm going to buy one of this and probably one of yours...

New Governor feature upgrade
==========================

hello guys, we have a new feature upgrade which is called Governor Add-on, without any hardware modification, just connect your e-brake lever's wires (2 wires for switch type brake, 3 wires for hall type brake) to Speedict eBike's "brake In" port (used for secondary speed sensor) and connect 3 or 2 wires from "brake out" port (the secondary temperature sensor port) to your speed controller's brake input that allowing Speedict eBike to intervene braking signal to your speed controller, whenever cut-off point is reached e.g. speed over 25 km/h Speedict eBike will send a brake signal to speed controller to cutoff its power. For those who what this add-on feature please go to Speedict website to download the latest firmware 2.1* and go to Android Market for Android client 2.1.

* for those who want 2 x temperature sensor capabilities, please stay on firmware 2.0 because 2.1 will disable secondary temperature sensor and use it for brake-in port !

Attachments

• governor-setting.png
    governor-setting.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 4,891
Back