[nearly original] Open Letter to Endless Sphere Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I will be banned pretty much straight away now as a result of this so I added myself to auraslips email list.

Well if you are going to get banned anyway, go out in a blaze of glory and tell us who this guy is and what the DL is that you are talking about?

Philistine said:
I think I will be banned pretty much straight away now as a result of this so I added myself to auraslips email list.

Well if you are going to get banned anyway, go out in a blaze of glory and tell us who this guy is and what the DL is that you are talking about?

+1
A lot of these posts and maybe the posters could very well be whisked away, go for broke.

sutr, please stop talking in riddles. you are being more evasive than the new management. If you have something to add to the conversation then please do so. If not then ok, forget about it, but please stop telling us you have a big secret that you won't tell us....its not helping anyone.

Please don't let this be the end of ES, I love this place, I don't watch TV any more because of it!

So many really good guys here, I got so much support and information. I would not have learned what I know today if I were not for this forum!

Jesus can nothing be left alone?

Are all the threads and information on this forum at risk now ?

Just think of the terrible waste if so!!!

Long live ES!

This sucks, why this forum is so good is because people with no need to profit their own ideas enjoy to share with others knowing they are helping like minded people enjoy this new technology. Trevor I do not know any thing about you, but even if you are a good guy I still feel uneasy about whats happening.
Feels like a melt down happening and I need to make sure I jump ship when everyone else does. I need the knowledge that some on here have, every day I read untill my eyes bleeds.
In the few short years on here I have gained so many skills and there are too many people to thank.

This really does suck. remember a fox never smells it own sh!t

Cheeseboy said:
Anyone else noticing the topic going from 25 to 26 pages and back again?

are posts being deleted or something?
i definitely noticed.
happened to me at least a couple of times.

i did a 'Search user’s posts' on forum member 'trevor' hoping to find some HS35 info he's got in his sig.
only got 14 hits when his post count sez 40, so what up wit dat?

and of those 14 posts, 9 of them are in this thread, 1 in the android apps announcement.
the remaining 4 posts from his 'Surley Big Dummy build' thread don't have a single mention of an HS35 anywhere.

:?: trevor, do you even have an ebike like, fer reel???

if so, who did buy the motor from? doubt if he answers

no need to be alarmed (yet) - green machine deleted some posts where I and sutr had a little spat about his unhelpful posts, which was not relevant to the discussion. (with my approval).

Wow.

See y'all later wherever.

Could even be still here.

Kinda suprised anybody writes anything, posts it on the internet, and thinks they "own it" still. My crap being mostly a bunch of blather, they can do what they want with it.

But there won't be much more of it, if it starts getting edited, because I point out that a 2c 10ah battey somebody sells is doomed.

Loved the Sphere, because it's the wild west. We could spew our opinoins freely. Clearly, that is going to be gone. That, and the spirited discussions that could only happen with THIS group of people was what kept me here so long. Wherever this group ends up, is where I'll be going.

Well being a total e-bike noob, and only discovering these forums a couple of months ago, I definetly feel my opinion does not carry any weight around here.
Whith that being said, I visit this site EVERY day and read as much as possible trying to educate myself on topics which I only have minimal knowledge.
Some days I spend as much as 4-6 hours reading thru the extensive archive of priceless posts.
At first I had a wait and see attitude, but after reading the entire thread up to this point I deffinetly agree with eveyone about not using your'e IP to line the pockets of anyone.
Knowlege should be free for all and be shared with as many who seek it. I understand there are costs accociated with running and maintaining a web site, but I have seen a few good suggustions in this thread that would help to offset those costs.
For example selling of ES merchandise or maybe a community donation model.
I am definetly not happy about the current state of my new favorite forums and have to say I will be definetly leaving with the tide.
Just felt the need to chime in and add my 2cents.

Charles

After careful thought,
I have come to reailze that everything has a life, & to that life- a cycle that ultimatly ends in death.
I have witnessed it in small companies that have been swallowed by big companies. & watched weak forums die & wither from lousy moderation & generaly poor form from the particapents.

As far as the sale, Knightmb's plan seems to have worked, Start a free place to hang out with a few like minded guys, let them think they are more than a corral of ideas in "your domain" & create a faux comunity where huge bits of information & posibly great ideas are available for the mineing.....then a few years pass & google bots notice you have the hottest hitting corral around & YATZEE! some speculator comes knocking with a few pcs of silver.....

Upon the advice of respected members, I have resisted the reactionary instinct to initiate a whole scale deletion of my measly contributions to this comunity. But the fact remains we may have a limited time to take any actions to preserve the integrity of the free IP around here.

If this is in fact a thriving comunity, I vote we become a nomadic tribe of free thinkers & head on out into the desert for a spell. Set fire to this now desicrated patch of internet & move on the the next phase of this life. Treveor & the rest of the money changers can have this scorched peice of internet. IT DOES HAVE A VALUE. but I am not hung up on the name or adress of what was "endless sphere" (that ended for me when Knight took the check) the real value is the people here. I am still floored by the generousity & compassion of 99.9% of my interaction on this board. I have made true life long friends here.
I have rattled my saber enough.....being a man of action I guess I may lead the charge to showing we are not just keyboard lions.....
I nominate the disscusion close & we take action to move on to the next phase of the E-revolution & notihing would do that better than a migration to a position of defendable strength. (another site set up & operated with the true ulturistic intentions i was mistakenly led to beleive this place was)

Any one care to 2nd that nomination?

fool me once......shame on you, fool me twice....

To destroy the value of a lockout, pollute your posts with a gif file like this in the BODY of your posts:

Infection.gif

Code:
[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aGzfGMXq_xM/Tj1sT_BRrgI/AAAAAAAAAbU/Z7SWJXei-f8/s800/Infection.gif[/img]
Somebody (like Ypedal, MWkeefer) with a FTP site can host the image file. When things get better, we replace the hosted file with a transparent 1px file. Easy cleanup for us.

Adding to just your sig-file is easy to turn-off by an admin. If your posts contain a message to avoid ads, the advertisers will not buy space from the new owners.

Thud said:
Any one care to 2nd that nomination?

Not sure how to make it official, but I concur. Nomination seconded!

If anyone does set up a new site please post about it on the ES Facebook page (I imagine that will go to the dodo's as well soon after) so that everyone can mosey on over to the new frontier.

i posted my opinion in the thread in the OTD forum. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30505&p=441380#p441380

I don't know who this knightMB is, but, if it's the same Michael Brown I know about, he has been an AUTHOR of Alt energy stuff for YEARS. It certainly fits in with what is happening, here. I can see editing of content, and, MANY books being made up, like Battery Tech, Controller Tech, etc. SO, if destroying this site, the info is still available for him to glean the technology and write many books, IF IT IS HIM. ???

In my humble opinion, it is ALREADY a win-win for Trevor or Andy or whatever a$$hole has done the deed. If the site goes belly up, they still get tax breaks and write offs for a failed venture, if it keeps going, they get $$$ from Adverts and other royalties. ??? Just my humble opinion.

I haven't been on this forum all that long, but I've made about triple the number of posts than the guy who's taking over. I've read some interesting material, set up my own ebike, and got a few friends interested. We bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff based on reviews and recommendations here. I was happy to direct people to this site because it was fairly unbiased and certainly not corporate or tacky. The new owner Trevor's proclamations indicate that he's a tone deaf hack. He can't break out of circa 1999 tech boom speak, which indicates to me that he can't break out of a circa 1999 tech boom mindset. That's too bad because he's apparently ruined a good thing in just a matter of days. I have no desire to participate in or further the work of someone like Trevor.

So, unless something doesn't change or Trevor gets his act together very quickly, I'm gone and I will no longer direct anyone to this site. In fact, I'll be actively directing people NOT to bother visiting ES. The numerous times I get questions about my ebike (a few of which I know for a fact have led to people to visit this site and to purchase their own ebikes) will be answered with the caveat "Don't read or post on ES, its not worth your time supporting a hack." I guess I'll start deleting my own posts in the next few days based on what shakes out.

Adios.

I don't like the idea that a forum could be sold, and this one more so. I guess it is the law of business, but we don't have to collaborate.

There is always a whore to sell what the pervert wants to buy.

Ypedal said:
I still think ES can continue as it was, but not under this type of ownership...

Come on Trevor, i think it's obvious by now that it's best for everyone that you go fishing somewhere else, give us a reasonable price / dollar figure and give us back the keys to the house..
+1

2cents,

This forum is about "open source" info. Unix was to be an open source OS. If U write software, U are expected to share w/ everyone else and they w/ U. Some ahole, in Utah if I recall correctly, started writing software and wanted copyright protection making it a closed source. Can't see how this would work for the community. Though it has yet to happen here, this is a potential road of discourse.

As a relative noob to ES, I have to say ES IS THE CORE CONTRIBUTORS, where they go I will follow. :D

BTW, the length of this one thread should show the passion and dedication to the sphere.

See http://www.networksolutions.com/ Click on WHOIS Search down on the bottom of the page.

Information from yesterday 8/5/11
endless-sphere.com

Is this your domain name? Renew it now.
Thumbnail of endless-sphere.com

[Whois info on ES as it was Aug 5th Deleted]

As I see it, if Trevor succeeds in transferring ES over from PHPBB to vBulletin, you can turn out the lights because the party will be over. He will be able to lock down all content and prevent "editing". I don't believe he'll warn us about the "upgrade" either. It may happen at any time. There will a sudden outage of ES and when it reappears after a couple of hours or days... VBulletin! The writing is on the wall!

We don't know how long he's been planning this and Andy R has lots of experience migrating systems, so it may be any time!

The sands are running out on the ES hourglass...

We need to implement the new ES 2.0 quickly. If you don't want Trevor to have your IP, then I recommend you back it up now and move it to ES 2.0 (when it starts) quickly. Then delete it ASAP before it's locked down and claimed by Trevor as his IP.

If there's one thing he's told us it's that his highest priority is to move to vBulletin. Now you know why!

Ambrose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back