XPD: open-source keywin e-bike lab replacement

Small note: The website hosting the download has an invalid server certificate. Anpaza, any chance you could ping those folks to update the certificate? :)

~KF

how far away is the 24 and 36 fet version of this?

Just read the notes on Android. Dang; that would have been nice to have for my road trip. :)

~KF

i got as far as clicking on the console not the icon and nothing? no console?
latop running windows 7
there was no 0.1.0 file so grabed the 0.2.0?
any idea what i did wrong or where the console is?
thx

I managed to get this software up and running on my home computer. Looks fantastic! Great interface, easy to use, and the text-on-hover details are especially cool.

My issue is this: I'm using a Lyen "Extreme Modder Edition" controller (12 FET) and the supplied cable, which is a USB-SERIAL adaptor cable. I plug it in, I install the appropriate driver to run the USB-SERIAL conversion, but then what do I do about the XPD software? It is looking for a serial connection, but I'm cheating by using a USB instead.

I cannot get the software to recognize that I have a controller plugged into my computer. Suggestions?

ttobiassen said:
I managed to get this software up and running on my home computer. Looks fantastic! Great interface, easy to use, and the text-on-hover details are especially cool.

My issue is this: I'm using a Lyen "Extreme Modder Edition" controller (12 FET) and the supplied cable, which is a USB-SERIAL adaptor cable. I plug it in, I install the appropriate driver to run the USB-SERIAL conversion, but then what do I do about the XPD software? It is looking for a serial connection, but I'm cheating by using a USB instead.

I cannot get the software to recognize that I have a controller plugged into my computer. Suggestions?

Same issue here.

FA

ttobiassen said:

when the usb-serial adapter is connected,

right-click "my computer" and select "manage",

click on the "+" at "ports (COM and LTP)"

the device should be listed there. use the COM number between the ( ) in the XPD sofware. for example "silicon labs CP210x USB to UART bridge (COM2)

this is how i did it on my computer (XP) but should work for all windows OS'es

Niels

Thanks for this software.
I have the Lyen 12FET controller and I could not get his program to play on my computer. Thought I could live with the defaults in the controller until my motor would shut down at 38volts :?

Found this thread, and everything works fine now. Sweet.... thanks again anpaza

Excellent work!!! I love mostly this new (for me) gradual regen voltage limiting. With 15s Lipo I was in between, or having no regen first few miles or risking to blow my 63V caps.

There is also 15fet controller in keywin Ebike-lab. Is it possible to ad it in next version?

Edit: Is it in half Russian and half English, or is it just because I have bilingual windows?

Edit2: Newer mind, I found 15fet controller options, sorry for misinformation.

Regarding Version 0.20.0 and the Speed Switch Mode Drop down box and Help/tip box that appears
The help states there is the option of Switch Mode or Toggle Mode.

The Drop down only offers the option to select Toggle Mode. There is no Switch mode.

Hyena said:
anpaza wrote:I would like to beg anybody who uses XPD for the first time to keep an eye on the real current (with Cycle Analyst, or with a wattmeter), after setting the desired current limits with XPD.
I did limited testing of settings only for EB212/Lyen and EB206/Lyen controllers, the rest are untested, thus the real curent limits may happen to be larger than set.

I was wondering why my Lyens 18Fet runs 89Amp peak and 76Amp continuous after programming 65Amp battery limit. :D BTW it works great, after little recalculation and adjusting! Thanks again. :)

That makes me think that XPD. is somehow programming the current more accurately than the original software

When I first had my Lyen 18 FET 65amp conttoller, I had seen peaks of 120 amp on the CA even though 65 was set via the software

These 120 amp peaks may have just been the cause of my controller failure, when two of the FETs shorted out

Have not seen peaks like that since controller repair and using XPD

NeilP said:
That makes me think that XPD. is somehow programming the current more accurately than the original software
When I first had my Lyen 18 FET 65amp conttoller...
I suspect you're correct about this. I have seen peaks well over 100 amps, when I supposedly have my max programmed at 65amps. However, I suspect that the block-time may have allowed for the over-current condition.

Anpaza or others, has anyone tried this on the new EB3xx boards ? I have one here that I can't get to recognise through the keywin software or derivitives of using the EB2xx settings.

Floont said:
NeilP said:
When I first had my Lyen 18 FET 65amp conttoller...
I suspect you're correct about this. I have seen peaks well over 100 amps, when I supposedly have my max programmed at 65amps. However, I suspect that the block-time may have allowed for the over-current condition.

you are 100% correct it is actually more likely to be block time than XPD or Keywin...I admit my mistake..I forgot about that..I reckon that is what cooked my controller in the first place..I was playing with block times before I killed it...I had tried something like 4 seconds..It was oK for a few days like that so I tried 5 seconds....then .no power ..shorted mosfets...not straight away ..but about 2 days later pulling slowly away from local Parish hall civic offices

NeilP said:
...I reckon that is what cooked my controller in the first place..I was playing with block times before I killed it...I had tried something like 4 seconds..It was oK for a few days like that so I tried 5 seconds....then .no power ..shorted mosfets...not straight away ..but about 2 days later pulling slowly away from local Parish hall civic offices
That's why my next config I load into my controller will have a block time of ZERO.

Does XPD have a block time of 0 now? I thought I saw it in this thread somewhere...

It does... Im using it with a MAC and 0 block time does work.
Btw I fail to see why people its use block time. It only makes sense for big DDs with 20-30 amp controllers. In that case Block time ll help you acelerate from a dead stop.
Im a geared hub BT ll mostly help strip your gears. In a big DD with lets say 80 amps, the added amps from block time ll generate alot more heat on the hub and stress the controller for a marginal performance gain (if any).

Floont said:
NeilP said:
...I reckon that is what cooked my controller in the first place..I was playing with block times before I killed it...I had tried something like 4 seconds..It was oK for a few days like that so I tried 5 seconds....then .no power ..shorted mosfets...not straight away ..but about 2 days later pulling slowly away from local Parish hall civic offices
That's why my next config I load into my controller will have a block time of ZERO.

Does XPD have a block time of 0 now? I thought I saw it in this thread somewhere...

Have to say that with 20s LiPo and Lyen 65 amp 18 FET controller and a 5304, increasing block time does give better off the line performance
I have I think 1 or 2 seconds now, and would like to push it up a bit, but do not want to risk zapping the MOSFETS again

NeilP said:
Have to say that with 20s LiPo and Lyen 65 amp 18 FET controller and a 5304, increasing block time does give better off the line performance
I have I think 1 or 2 seconds now, and would like to push it up a bit, but do not want to risk zapping the MOSFETS again
Perhaps I misled you with the ZERO block time post. I'd like to configure it so the controller NEVER EVER exceeds the limit, not to give it unlimited block time.

BTW, if you've sent your controller back to Ed already, why not have him beef up your traces to 100amps?

Do you happen to have a CA? What are the peak amps?
Thats probably because your 18fet cannot handle more amps continuosly and you get a boost for 2 seconds.
Im planning to use a big DD with 24fet lyen controller set to 80-100 amps with 0 BT to see how it goes. 74-88v battery its not defined yet and Hal is taking awhile with the frocks.

NeilP said:

Floont said:
BTW, if you've sent your controller back to Ed already, why not have him beef up your traces to 100amps?
[/size][/color]

Not the traces that are the problem, it was the FETS that failed. The tracks have already been beefed up by Lyen to start with and it is the 4110 MOSFETS..maybe one of them was just bad..but no need to risk blowing it again. It is good enough as it is.

I already have it back now anyhow

gensem said:
...and Hal is taking awhile with the frocks.
Um, who is "Hal"?

He is the designer of the greyb frame and has some big frocks in his garage.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25310

Back