Found adjustable CCCV charger

parabellum

1 MW
Have found this charger. It is CC/CV and there are 3 precision trimmers for adjusting. I think the upper limit is 63V, because of 63 V caps on output side, anyway it takes less then 3 min to change output value (including the time going for the tool box :D ). I have 1 for 15S / 62V and other on 12S /49.49V. Will take the 600W version next time, it takes to much time to charge 20A battery with 2.5A. Have paid 12U$ for, but the price is always jumping up and down on this site.
http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2011-1K-D39U.690NW

Are you in the US if so how much was the shipping? Did a manual come with the charger? One last thing What is the purpose of the other two trimmers? Thanks, I need a new charger for some lifepo4 I just got.

That's an appealing charger, mostly because of the appealing price. $70 for the 600W version which they say can do up to 144.

I would love to try one of these, but I'm hesitant... It seems like there has to be a catch to me. Very curious as to what the other trimmers are for. If they are adjustable current that would be perfect. 10 amps for when I need a quick charge and then bump it down lower when I have the time. Subscribing to find out! Also waiting for reviews. Quality, does it run hot. Stuff like that.

These are kingpower chargers. They are available from BMSBattery, EV-Assemble, and other various Chinese vendors.

They are usually not labeled as kingpower brand, but you can tell them by their dark gray label.

neptronix said:
These are kingpower chargers. They are available from BMSBattery, EV-Assemble, and other various Chinese vendors.

They are usually not labeled as kingpower brand, but you can tell them by their dark gray label.
Have you ordered from this companies? No disrespect, just braking my rules again. :D

Hillhater said:
Are these chargers "user" adjustable from 12 v to 24v, 36v, 48v, etc etc.... or are they pre-set by the vendor to suit your specific voltage ??
sorry, but its not very clear from the vendor sites.
You see the tools I have on the photo, it is all you need to readjust the charger, I have not tried the lover possible limit, but I can do it for you or heptronix. :D
Brake my rule again for you guys ( have about 1ltr RUM in my head now) :D .

I have on off the chargers that have a label with various voltage marked and a check mark at 43.5 V, I opened it up by removing the end srews (4 per side) and the top of the aluminium cover lifts off. The voltage trimmer is near the panel fuse, It adjust to all voltages that are marked on the case. it is a lot like Lyens DC/DC trimmer pot.

Thanks for confirming that guys.
I know that these wont do balance charging, but.. At the prices asked and the range of voltages covered, these have to be the best value "bulk" chargers available.
any comments on reliability or if they actually live up to their spec ? IE: will a 10A unit run 10amps continuous without overheating, etc. ?

8) I am back again, sorry. Mine charger states 2A on the cover but really charges 2.5A. The alu housing gets to 35C at 30C room temp, max measured on ventilator output at 45C. Today will try other 2 pots, measuring temp changes etc.

C=celsius

Hillhater said:
Are these chargers "user" adjustable from 12 v to 24v, 36v, 48v, etc etc.... or are they pre-set by the vendor to suit your specific voltage ??
sorry, but its not very clear from the vendor sites.

I got them preset (as requested) to 50.2V. But I kind of think it is same charger for 24V battery, they just trim it to your specs, will also try the lowest V limit today. Upper limit is (theoretically) 63V, as said on caps (but I think trimmer will go slightly higher).

NOT King Power - they are made by KING PAN

Don't know why Ping started calling them that, but you can only find them on alibaba by looking for King Pan. And these chargers are not only $12. Even direct from King Pan in bulk they come out to around $50 a piece.

I've been using these chargers for nearly a year. bulk charging my Lipo setup to 4.1v a cell using one and balancing once a week.

So much cheaper and quicker than those damn RC chargers that I now only use to balance the pack.

auraslip said:
.... these chargers are not only $12. Even direct from King Pan in bulk they come out to around $50 a piece.

:?: :?: who mentioned $12 ?
the prices vary depending on the power rating, but on the BMS site they list a 400W charger for $40 ( + shipping)
A 120W unit is $16
Is there is a better value charger available...with adjustable voltage range... ?

I could go down to 48.52 V, after that trimmer starts to click not allowing going further.

The middle positioned trimmer is for Amp regulation, I have adjusted it to 3.5Amp (it goes higher, but it makes buzzing/vibrating sound already), transistors stay cool but the trafo and coil after 30 sec got to ~60C and surprisingly stood almost there after few minutes. Amp scale is jumping a little from 3.3A-3.8A (it was very stable before on 2.5A). So I am getting about 170~180W to the battery.

Will try to let it charge at 3.5A for few hours tomorrow and will monitor the temperature outside with closed cover for tunnel the cooling air, have no discharged battery now. If it blows at least we know it can’t take it.

Ah, the last trimmer is not doing anything I can notice with or without load.

Hillhater said:
:?: :?: who mentioned $12 ?

I mentioned that, but have no proofs because order details are not available on this site and I failed to prt sc it. If you observe items on this and BMSbat.... site you will notice prices going up and down or despairing with comment call for prices. I purchased few smart BMS for 29...U$ each, it was 22...U$ in 2 days. Programming adapter was 199U$, 2 days later Special price 99U$. :D

I could go down to 48.52 V, after that trimmer starts to click not allowing going further.
so yours only has a 15v range ?? ...odd bearing in mind a previous post... :shock: :?

bionx 1954 said:
I have on off the chargers that have a label with various voltage marked and a check mark at 43.5 V, I opened it up by removing the end srews (4 per side) and the top of the aluminium cover lifts off. The voltage trimmer is near the panel fuse, It adjust to all voltages that are marked on the case. it is a lot like Lyens DC/DC trimmer pot.

Just giving the picture like it is. On the 3rd pot I only did 1.5 rev in each direction. maybe there is still hope? :D

From other side.
bionx 1954 said:
The voltage trimmer is near the panel fuse, It adjust to all voltages that are marked on the case. it is a lot like Lyens DC/DC trimmer pot.

1)What voltages are marked on the case?
2)What is the lower and higher limit? :?:

parabellum said:
Just giving the picture like it is. On the 3rd pot I only did 1.5 rev in each direction. maybe there is still hope? :D

From other side.
bionx 1954 said:
The voltage trimmer is near the panel fuse, It adjust to all voltages that are marked on the case. it is a lot like Lyens DC/DC trimmer pot.

1)What voltages are marked on the case?
2)What is the lower and higher limit? :?:

Edit:
If it is the GW36 line voltages in specs under this link. http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2011-1K-D39U.690NW
Then we are in the same boot. :D

This was the picture I was given from King Pan the company that make these, this is from the 900W version. On one of the smaller 400W version chargers I added a 10K pot instead of one of the 20 turn pots in the charger, this gave me a much greater range of voltage..... but you can only go within a certain range of the transformer.

If it has 3 trimmers and one controls voltage and one controls amps, then one controls the CC setting. As in, when the charger shuts off. When the current at the end of the charge drops to a certain point the charger shuts off. IIRC it's usually set to 1/10 the charge rate.

BTW, I totally blew up my 48v ping charger by turning the voltage output up too high! Be careful!

WRT to the price - These chargers ARE the only real option for us. Unfortunately the high shipping price makes it a bit of a pain. I'll be ordering a bunch of them in bulk in a few months to help save on shipping.

Back