XPD: open-source keywin e-bike lab replacement

gensem said:
big frocks in his garage.

What?

That obviously has some other meaning in the USA? or does he really have a collection of old fashioned ladies dresses? Something we should know?

NeilP said:
gensem said:
big frocks in his garage.

What?

That obviously has some other meaning in the USA? or does he really have a collection of old fashioned ladies dresses? Something we should know?

Haha
If im not mistaken its an aussie slang for hub motors.

I wish the regen on my 12fet from lyen would be stronger... Cause after the conversion of my 29er I am finding it a huge hassle to create a mount for a caliper (it rubs on the 9c). Do you guys even use your rear brake that much? Any chance of making regen much stronger?

As long as you stay within the voltage limits of your controller hou can always up the regen voltage
I asked about this a while back and as long as you are nog using massive amounts of regen braking immediately after starting with a fully charged battery, you wont have a problem with over volting the cells

I have a 20s LiPo pack, hot at about 83.2 volts
I have my regen volts at around 88 volts

my pack is 46.2V nominal... I've heard of A123 cells being charged to 3.65V anyways (I charge them to 3.6)... so it couldn't hurt. What do you think the max regen voltage is for my 12FET (extreme) lyen controller, considering my pack voltage as well?

Keep in mind that I'm talking about making the rear motor act as more of an actual brake that could slow me down sufficiently if my front brake failed..

Now not sure, but expect if Lyen has modded it, it must have 4110 's at least and 100 v caps,so you should be good up to that. but I would probably check with Ed first. . but unless you have had the R12 regen mod done,then you wontget above 75v regen anyway

I would be tempted to up the regen voltage in xpd slowly till you get braking without too high voltages. Do you have a CA ? or maybe rig up a volt meter to the pack and cable tie it to the bars and do a few test runs to see what volts peak at

Danny Mayes said:
LMAO!!!

Too funny that it is now on the wiki "Frock" page.

I wonder who is responsible for that??

Gold!!

Hyena got in first with the wiki entry about frocks concerned if I got in first there would be.photochops of him in a dress riding a frock powered bicycle.

I only wish I hd thought of it first, hrmz....looking up how to submit to Urban Dictionary now :p

KiM

Not sure I would be looking at going that far above pack voltage ..I might puss 4 or 5 volts over..but nearly double...nah..think not...but maybe I am wrong

Hello all,

So is XPD a currently implemented or working project to open source the serial programming of infineon type controllers and therefore allow more options than keywin's without resorting to Hex Editing an existing value with a replacement?

What language is planned for implement?

Regards,
Mike

Mike, did you get my message about the e-bikekit controllers? Justin tells me yo have had success programming them

Neil

Neil,

Only on older ones, the newer 3XX series have the PCB template for the programming connector and I've traced them to the MCU and it seems to correspond with the 116 type controllers but... it will not accept programming (*correction - one of the newer 3XX series controllers from Justin was reprogrammable but it was an older one, it seems programming has been locked out of newer units)... I will test 2 or 3 random units from my stock later tonight / tommorow since they are of his newest shipment but don't count on it.

As of now the EB8XX and EB2XX series are programmable and available in various FET configurations from various places.

Regards,
Mike

PS: Sorry I missed your MSG

I received mine the other day, and just fitted it to a temporary bike to try it out.

I'll open it up ant some point to see what exactly is inside.

I am also trying to get programming into a EB218 A 2 board, but no luck so far

It is a Xlyte board but although is a EB2 series, does not seem to accept the flash

I double posted this question...I put up a thread in May...forgot about it and then reposted a similar thread in August

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28292
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30426&p=447711#p447711

Any help you can be with that would also be appreciated

Neil

Hello folk

It is my first post here: "So, Hello to all".

I just want to share my first experiences with xpd and an EB224 controller. Don't know the source, but it does not seem one from Lyen. It was build in my chinese electric scooter...

Anyway, I used the EB224/Lyen settings to programm it and it worked to sucessful download the parameters to the controller. There are just some funny effects I wonder about it:
- "Phase current" changes works --> Accelaration changes --> maximum current on turnigy (wattsup clone) change too
- "Rated current" changes has no influence --> I can not limit the maximum power, which from my understandings should be possible with this parameter
- "Block time" changements has no influence on dead stop - accelaration...

I wonder are there other (limited) firmwares known on the infineon chips? These controllers just measure the battery rated current, the phase current is calculated, right? The controller has build in 4 shunts in parallel. Does anyone experienced the same behaviour already?

Regards
aop

aop said:
Hello folk

It is my first post here: "So, Hello to all".

I just want to share my first experiences with xpd and an EB224 controller. Don't know the source, but it does not seem one from Lyen. It was build in my chinese electric scooter...

Anyway, I used the EB224/Lyen settings to programm it and it worked to sucessful download the parameters to the controller. There are just some funny effects I wonder about it:
- "Phase current" changes works --> Accelaration changes --> maximum current on turnigy (wattsup clone) change too
- "Rated current" changes has no influence --> I can not limit the maximum power, which from my understandings should be possible with this parameter
- "Block time" changements has no influence on dead stop - accelaration...

I wonder are there other (limited) firmwares known on the infineon chips? These controllers just measure the battery rated current, the phase current is calculated, right? The controller has build in 4 shunts in parallel. Does anyone experienced the same behaviour already?

Regards
aop

anpaza said:
I would like to beg anybody who uses XPD for the first time to keep an eye on the real current (with Cycle Analyst, or with a wattmeter), after setting the desired current limits with XPD.
I did limited testing of settings only for EB212/Lyen and EB206/Lyen controllers, the rest are untested, thus the real curent limits may happen to be larger than set.
Read before posting please.

Back