gas version of Luke's bike

very cool,but alot slower.and the noise from lfp,s bike would be noisier after you hit your head.

At first I thought that said, "gay version of Luke's bike." :twisted: :lol:

The frame looks the same as mine, just modified in a different way. At 0:01 you can see where the frame folds. I wish I knew what it's from so I could try to score another.

Cool find! 8)

dennyt said:
I looks like it won't even lift the front end, and it has a higher CG. For any comparison to Luke's bike, the rider must be fighting to keep the front wheel on the ground :)

IDK, it looks like he lifted the front end at least once under power, but I agree it's nothing like Luke's bike's power! :wink:

I'm thinking that a folding frame is really NOT the best frame for that kind of power, but that's just me, I like all my fingers, toes and my nose they way they are now. :p

This is about as close to lukes bike as you can get although its still to slow!

Arlo1 said:

I like that bike!

liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:

I like that bike!
Its got a peddle you could tell the cop it still has peddles its just a power assisted bmx lol.

Arlo1 said:

Cool how they have utilized a bicycle crank for the motors kick start, complete with pedal...

KiM

def215 said:
that thing is pretty cool. im all for the electrics but i still like my ICE's. thats one thing id ride any day of the week. :mrgreen:

good find sk8! :D

Kinda hard to replace the feel of a KTM 495 2-cycle, 'aint it'.?

LOL

1of3 said:
def215 said:
that thing is pretty cool. im all for the electrics but i still like my ICE's. thats one thing id ride any day of the week. :mrgreen:

good find sk8! :D

Kinda hard to replace the feel of a KTM 495 2-cycle, 'aint it'.?

LOL
Not for long :)

Arlo1 said:

I'm sure that front brake must be fairly useful :mrgreen:
Is the little bottle on top the fuel tank?

LI-ghtcycle said:
I'm thinking that a folding frame is really NOT the best frame for that kind of power, but that's just me, I like all my fingers, toes and my nose they way they are now. :p

I kept watching, waiting for that frame to snap.

I kept watching, waiting for that frame to snap.

At some point the frame will bend, sure, but to snap it would be special - my guess is it'd have to be rusted to shit before you could get a real snap. Personally, I was expecting the forks to fail because I know they're made of suck.

That said, I think this is one of the best folding frames to use, if you can find one, because it'd be extremely easy to add a top tube and gussets to beef it up - you can practically make the triangle as big as you want. If you did that right you'd still be able to fold it too.

Here is just one of the gas bikes that are going to kick Luke's ass at
the upcoming SoCal race at Grange Motor Circuit on Sat Oct 22nd 2011 :mrgreen:

Only 6 days to go.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31157

img0724rn.jpg

img0728ey.jpg

img0734wx.jpg

That's a VERY fast looking bike. With a CVT tranny, he can stay in the powerband the whole time, and it should accelerate insanely hard. I hope there are many more gas bikes like it so we have some solid competition. :)

Finished the mechanical side of the race bike today.

ebike1a.jpg

Tonight I'm starting in on the electrical side.
ebike2.jpg

liveforphysics said:
That's a VERY fast looking bike. With a CVT tranny, he can stay in the powerband the whole time, and it should accelerate insanely hard. I hope there are many more gas bikes like it so we have some solid competition. :)

Finished the mechanical side of the race bike today.
You running hookworms? I thought you were using the Pirelli's?

Here's another fast gas bike #6 who raced at Willow Springs last June 18th
You got competition if you don't burn up. :mrgreen:

40863d1318109085-custom-frame-thumper-motor-pa080158.jpg

40862d1318109046-custom-frame-thumper-motor-pa080153.jpg

MotorBicycleRacing said:
You running hookworms? I thought you were using the Pirelli's?

I didn't want to listen to you cry about it if I won running the Pirelli's. :roll: This is all bicycle parts, except the front brake which is from a dirtbike (cause I'm #230lbs and bicycle brakes melt-down in about 5minutes of my racing). I'm bringing 4 spare tubes and 2 sets of hookworms, and hopefully that will last through the event and won't cause serious injury to anyone when they randomly get flats from rolling up off the bead in corners.

Those look like some powerful bikes! I'm very excited for the race. Those CVT trannys completely take away the advantage of a wide powerband that electrics normally have over gas bikes. I'm pumped to get to race against some fast stuff.

liveforphysics said:
Those look like some powerful bikes! I'm very excited for the race. Those CVT trannys completely take away the advantage of a wide powerband that electrics normally have over gas bikes. I'm pumped to get to race against some fast stuff.

Easy Rider #69 from San Jose will be there with his tuned up 11hp water cooled Morini
again and his buddy #49 on the 9 hp Morini that was dicing it out with etard at Willow Springs and who came in 3rd.

41007d1318480047-ezrs-2nd-full-suspension-project-boxxer.jpg

I love how its turning to gas vs electrics. Man oh man its only time till the feild it owned by electrics!

Arlo1 said:
I love how its turning to gas vs electrics. Man oh man its only time till the feild it owned by electrics!

Gas vs electric is the only reason I play. I had 2 different racecar road racing options and a superbike track day I would have done if it was just electric vs electric.

Back