Re: 5KW 72V Controller 36 #4410 FET's, $108 #4110's $154

Gordo

100 kW
Guys,
I may have found a controller for 5KW continuous for $118 plus shipping to US/Canada for $35-$40. Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) is 10.
So far I know the following;
1. 36 X 4410 FETs rated for max operating @ 72V.
2. All caps are 100V
3. Battery Current 100A+ continuous. (does not compute with 5KW power)
4. Not a "new design" 1000's in use for years on 3,4,5,6KW scooters.
Pictures and proper spec sheet coming. All information from "sales person", being confirmed by technician.

EDIT June 19, 2012
Please skip to the last few pages to find current information. Several of these are now in use and more are on order. Leo is being very helpful in building controllers to spec, within reason. Certainly not a world beater, but a great bang for the buck.

This could be interesting, cant wait to se what the layout looks like.

Great ! Keep us updated, I would to love to play around with these powers :mrgreen:

It appears my guy is not even partially fluent in English. He seems to be using a translator program. Makes it tough to get anything done quickly. I will spend a bit more time with emails and then just order one and see what I get. So far it looks identical to the 30FET one I have in hand, just 6 more FET's (3 on each side) on a longer sink.

There is a good pdf just added to the Hua Tong thread. Although it is for a 6 FET P75NF75 controller, it has the basic I/O's identified on controller boards. I have copied it here;
View attachment xc866 Hua Tong Schematic.pdf

More answers from Supplier;
This guy seems great. I retract my comment on him using a translator. He answered all my questons, but one which he did not understand. They are not familiar with LVC, which I note several manufacturer's call under voltage protection. I asked for a 36FET controller with no FET's and he offered to install my FET's at no extra cost, but declined to supply complete boards lacking FET's, on the basis they would not ship an untested board. He provided proof of purchase of Genuine 4110's which cost $2 each, including shipping and VAT.
Genuine 4110 Mosfets from Mexico are available for an additional $46 on the 36FET controller. Now it may be a good idea to try a 30FET with 4110 instead? Upon learning this, I have asked if the 4410 are also Mexican FET's? I am waiting for a reply.

Hi Gordo,

If you need help getting to 10 moq, count me in for 2, ideally avoiding double shipping to avoid extra time and cost, though not mandatory.

John in CR said:
Hi Gordo,

If you need help getting to 10 moq, count me in for 2, ideally avoiding double shipping to avoid extra time and cost, though not mandatory.

Ill take one as well if you need another order.

parabellum said:
Gordo, do you think he gives programming software if order is big enough?

This is where I get a little pissed. They will not provide programming software or even the plug to program it.
I will let him stew a little. He has a lot of time invested in me. I am asking him to airmail one 4110 FET to me for inspection. The newest Chinese 4110 have the little notches and the oval dent in the composite. The only difference is the supposed copper color of all genuine FET's.
I will contact all who are interested when I am happy with the end product.

Gordo said:
parabellum said:
Gordo, do you think he gives programming software if order is big enough?

This is where I get a little pissed. They will not provide programming software or even the plug to program it.
I will let him stew a little. He has a lot of time invested in me. I am asking him to airmail one 4110 FET to me for inspection. The newest Chinese 4110 have the little notches and the oval dent in the composite. The only difference is the supposed copper color of all genuine FET's.
I will contact all who are interested when I am happy with the end product.

Are the fets 4410 or 4110? Title says 4410 and this post says 4110.

The answer is in the post from above;
"Genuine 4110 Mosfets from Mexico are available for an additional $46 on the 36FET controller. Now it may be a good idea to try a 30FET with 4110 instead? Upon learning this, I have asked if the 4410 are also Mexican FET's? I am waiting for a reply."

The 4410 are Chinese. the 4110 are real.
The controller does not have a programming plug attached.

Let him know that the ability to program is a big selling point, and will significantly increase his sales for 3 reasons.
1. More people will want it, because they can customize to better suit their own motors and needs. There are some settings that really are best taylored by the user, such as LVC, regen, security, 3 speed %'s, rev%, etc.
2. The performance chasers will push the limits, blowing more of them and buying replacements, but potentially leading to product improvement if there is a means to report failure types. With the ability to program they will also take responsibility and be more like beta testers, without failures being reflected poorly on him, the manufacturer. Send us what he thinks are solid settings and we'll beat on it first, and incrementally go up from there to discover the real limits.
3. We'll hack into being able to program it anyway, so saving us the trouble will make us more loyal customers.

I'll pay the extra for real 4110's on both. Also, put me down as a beta tester even before you get all the way satisfied with the end result. I'll take the $$$ risk no problem. I need some high power controllers in a big way, so I will just find others to buy in the meantime if these are delayed for much evaluation. Plus I have one of the larger varieties of higher power motors on bikes ready to go, which are running with safe boring controllers in the meantime.

John

John in CR said:
Let him know that the ability to program is a big selling point, and will significantly increase his sales for 3 reasons.
1. More people will want it, because they can customize to better suit their own motors and needs. There are some settings that really are best taylored by the user, such as LVC, regen, security, 3 speed %'s, rev%, etc.
2. The performance chasers will push the limits, blowing more of them and buying replacements, but potentially leading to product improvement if there is a means to report failure types. With the ability to program they will also take responsibility and be more like beta testers, without failures being reflected poorly on him, the manufacturer. Send us what he thinks are solid settings and we'll beat on it first, and incrementally go up from there to discover the real limits.
3. We'll hack into being able to program it anyway, so saving us the trouble will make us more loyal customers.

I'll pay the extra for real 4110's on both. Also, put me down as a beta tester even before you get all the way satisfied with the end result. I'll take the $$$ risk no problem. I need some high power controllers in a big way, so I will just find others to buy in the meantime if these are delayed for much evaluation. Plus I have one of the larger varieties of higher power motors on bikes ready to go, which are running with safe boring controllers in the meantime.

John
Hi John,
I have discussed all of your points above with Leo. No can do.
This thread was always to end up as an open source. All I have done so far in keeping the contact info out of this tread is to try and pin Leo down on the source of the FET's.
I have also got the price down to $108 each, with $40 shipping and $103 for 10 pieces.
If you are prepared to order one, here is the contact info;
Leo Liu <chinagreentime@gmail.com> (I previously posted this in the other low-cost controller thread) http://greentime.en.alibaba.com/ DON'T CONTACT THROUGH ALIBABA, use the gmail account.+
My only reservation is that even though the 4110 are stated to be from Mexico and he provided pictures and proof, I am still a skeptic. This is obviously a very small shop, willing to make a few pieces at a time. My next move was to order one and see what I got, before leading other lambs to slaughter. Send Leo an email. He is very quick to reply. He can also supply 24 and 30 FET devices.
Other ES members have received 1500W 72V controllers from him and are happy with them. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29469&start=465
I have 5 of these controllers and so far 2 work fine. I did not buy them directly from Leo, but from DHGate, because of the "free" shipping. $40 total, each, landed at my door in 5 days. Seems impossible, but they are here. There are 3 different MB and chipsets for this controller listed as #OT100. Seems like #OT100 is a generic description.

Other than my experience with the 1500W's, I have no idea what the outcome of the 5KW will be. The info and the price is above for anyone who wants to order. Hopefully the results will be good and posted in this thread? :mrgreen:

Gordo said:
John in CR said:

John
Hi John,
I have discussed all of your points above with Leo. No can do.
This thread was always to end up as an open source. All I have done so far in keeping the contact info out of this tread is to try and pin Leo down on the source of the FET's.
I have also got the price down to $108 each, with $40 shipping and $103 for 10 pieces.
If you are prepared to order one, here is the contact info;
Leo Liu <chinagreentime@gmail.com> (I previously posted this in the other low-cost controller thread) http://greentime.en.alibaba.com/ DON'T CONTACT THROUGH ALIBABA, use the gmail account.+
My only reservation is that even though the 4110 are stated to be from Mexico and he provided pictures and proof, I am still a skeptic. This is obviously a very small shop, willing to make a few pieces at a time. My next move was to order one and see what I got, before leading other lambs to slaughter. Send Leo an email. He is very quick to reply. He can also supply 24 and 30 FET devices.
Other ES members have received 1500W 72V controllers from him and are happy with them. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29469&start=465
I have 5 of these controllers and so far 2 work fine. I did not buy them directly from Leo, but from DHGate, because of the "free" shipping. $40 total, each, landed at my door in 5 days. Seems impossible, but they are here. There are 3 different MB and chipsets for this controller listed as #OT100. Seems like #OT100 is a generic description.

Other than my experience with the 1500W's, I have no idea what the outcome of the 5KW will be. The info and the price is above for anyone who wants to order. Hopefully the results will be good and posted in this thread? :mrgreen:
I drive by the controller of Greentime, from Mr. Leo Liu. I am very pleased. 48V 45A, sensorless controller. Headway battery, 16Ah and 9C engine. For several days I will get HS3540. I've peeked inside. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• dsc02203d (1).jpg
    dsc02203d (1).jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 7,910
  • dsc02206q.jpg
    dsc02206q.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 7,911
That is a 1KW 15 FET, a little different than what John has ordered. What was the price and how long ago did you buy it?

Gordo said:
That is a 1KW 15 FET, a little different than what John has ordered. What was the price and how long ago did you buy it?
32usd/pcs+23usd DHL shipping=55usd total
I not sure that it is possible to reprogram the controller. I'd replaced some of the settings.

Count me in 100%, I NEED IT FOR :shock:

Gordo said:
Guys,
I may have found a controller for 5KW continuous for $118 plus shipping to US/Canada for $35-$40. Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) is 10.
So far I know the following;
1. 36 X 4410 FETs rated for max operating @ 72V.
2. All caps are 100V
3. Battery Current 100A+ continuous. (does not compute with 5KW power)
4. Not a "new design" 1000's in use for years on 3,4,5,6KW scooters.
Pictures and proper spec sheet coming. All information from "sales person", being confirmed by technician.

Do you plan to make a list, group buy??? I might be interested. Thanks.

I just spoke with Leo, as I am buying another controller at the moment for iovakind. When I asked about the 36 Fet, he instantly said that none of the controllers are programmable. I asked him if they had on chip protection, and he said they do now. So it sound like talking to him about programming these things kindof screwed us lol. I'm sure someone with experience in that could still get in... but it may be harder now, instead of just reading off the data. That's assuming it is true of course, but he did seem to be telling truth. Just thought I should let you know. I'm still going to buy one obviously, but it is sour.

For what it's worth, this happens to be the same guy I was talking to about some other project. Always sounded like he knew what he was talking about (had to put project on the side until later this month, so I have not ordered yet).

Back