Known to Work Brushless Motor/Controller Wiring Diagrams

Cheers.
As far as i can tell, there are 3 combinations that work and all the others either go backwards, run rough or don't go at all. Those 3 combinations that work are all the same as far as performance goes.
Unless someone can correct me.

A Fusin geared hubmotor on a Lyen 6FET; forward-rotating combination I found (phases and halls are the same):
[pre]Fusin Lyen
B G
G Y
Y B[/pre]
Wiring BB YY GG will work, too, but it runs backwards. If you have the version with no freewheel, this is fine, but if you have the freewheel version it won't move the bike. ;)

Does anyone have a trusty configuration for ecitypower cute128 48v to ecitypower 12 MOSFET controller??

damonjackson_spl said:
Does anyone have a trusty configuration for ecitypower cute128 48v to ecitypower 12 MOSFET controller??

Do the ecitypower controllers still have the programming loop? It's two white wires coming out of the controller that can plug together.

If so, hook up the phase and hall wires matching the colors, then plug the white loop together. Next hook up power to the controller and the motor should spin forward slowly. If it does then power down the system and unplug the white loop and you should be set.

If it spins backward or you can hear the motor turning internally with no movement then you power it back down. Once powered back up it should spin forward slowly, if it does then power the controller down again and unplug the white loop. Should be good to go.

If they don't have the programming loop anymore then no idea sorry. :(

I have a 9c controller, 36v, 27 amps, and a 9c motor. Both have male plugs (??) for what I assume are the hall sensors, black, blue, green, yellow, red. The connector is a 5 pin linear arrangement. There are also two identical connectors coming from the controller with two female three pin terminals but only two are connected to wires; the wires on both are black and yellow. There are also a black wire and white wire, each with its own one pin connector, one female, one male, that are plugged into each other. My questions are:

1) If I am correct about the hall terminals, does anyone know of a female-female sex-swapping jumper to switch one of the male to female? The controller came with an extension, but it is male on one end and female on the other
Otherwise, I have to find this exact connector and cut and remake one female or cut off both and use a 5 pin connector I can get locally.

2) Does anyone know what the other connections are for, that is the two two-pins with black and yellow leads or the black and white connected together? The controller label says: "Function: Automatic cruise, E-ABS, Energy feedback, Mute" I'm guessing the two two-pins are for the e-ABS. Not sure what the black, white connected pair are for.

Having problems with a Lyen 12fet. and a bmc 600h.s. checked lot's of combo's all over this site. Disconect the white regen. and ? Much noise. Help. Thanks..

Does any one have a wiring diagram for a Lyen 12fet and a bmc 600h.s. I disconnected the white regen. and tried many comb's follow Lyen's page. I hear spinng inside one time next time some growling. Do I take this as a plus. Help. Thanks

Xlyte controller to NC Motor

For Forward Direction

Halls
Controller/Motor
red /red
black/black
yellow/yellow
green/green
blue/blue

Phase
Controller/Motor
Blue/Yellow
Green/Blue
Yellow/Green

For reverse direction

Halls
Controller/Motor
red /red
black/black
yellow/yellow
green/blue
blue/green

Phase
Controller/Motor
Blue/Green
Green/Blue
Yellow/Yellow

All, Looking for wiring connections for a Cute-12 from BMS battery and a Clyte CT4825 from Electricrider.com. Thanks

Ric

Got my Cute-12 1000wt motor and Crystalyte 4825 working.
PHASE WIRES:
Controller :arrow: motor

Green :arrow: Blue
Blue :arrow: Yellow
Yellow :arrow: Green

Halls:

Green :arrow: Green
Blue :arrow: Blue
Yellow :arrow: Yellow

i wonder, if we open the motor and see the order of sensors, then open the controller and see the order in what holes the signal cables are soldered to, can we know by that what signal cables to connect with motor cables ?

or can we know on the board by where phase wires soldered which 1 is firing first ? (without minding the color)
i mean like if on the board in the first firing phase (lets say most left from top view side with big caps) we got yellow cable, so we know it's the cable connected to first set of coils, the cable in controller can be other color but since we know it's in first firing bank of FETs we connect it to corresponding phase in motor.

or many boards have different set of FETs firing first, like it can be the middle phase or most right ?

Crystalyte Analog 12 MOSFET 24-72v 35A controller --> BMC V2 motor
(should work for V1, V3 as well)

[pre]phase:
1) Y --> Y
2) G --> G
3) B --> B[/pre]
[pre]Hall sensors (mini-XLR or JST pin numbers):
1) Red --> Red
2) Blk --> Blk
3) Y --> B
4) (Brn) G --> Y
5) B --> G[/pre]
Works Fwd/Rev for controller Fwd/Rev key setting respectively.

Curious if anyone has done a Lyen 6 FET controller wired to an ebikekit geared hub?

This is the combo I have and thought I would ask before the trial and error method.

Thanks , Joe

flash_eric said:
Well, I'm answering my own post. I went through the testing procedure in the thread "How to determine the wiring for a brushless motor" and after figuring out how to avoid damaging the motor/controller, I set upon going through the 36 combinations of Hall/Phase wires. Luck struck on the 12th combination:

Hall
Amped Motor - ECrazyman 48V/30a Brushless Controller
Yel - Yel
Gr - Blue
Blue - Gr

Phase
Amped Motor - ECrazyman 48V/30a Brushless Controller
Yel - Yel
Gr - Blue
Blue - Gr

Works with my 12 Fet Lyen controller and Amped DD 500 watt motor as well.
At full throttle under no load the motor is drawing .7 amps.
Now to hard wire it back up and hit the road. It's been 2 months since I fried a mosfet in the Amped controller. I'm hoping the new ecrazyman will do better.
Eric

LYEN 6 FET > EBIKEKIT GEARED HUB

Phase:

Yellow > Yellow
Green > Blue
Blue > Green

---------------------------------

Halls:

Yellow > Yellow
Green > Blue
Blue > Green
Black > Black
Red > Brown

And here is the throttle connection:

LYEN 6 FET > EBIKEKIT HALF TWIST THROTTLE

Green > White
Red > Red
Black > Black

Infineon Controller to Ezee motor

Phase wires colour match (no change)

Halls
Motor Blue to Controller Green
Motor Green to Controller Yellow
Motor Yellow to Controller Blue

Triing to get a 12 fet lyen controller from 7-11, to work with my 9c 2810 motor. Or I could use my 24-72 analog crstalyte controller. Hopefully one good wire combo. Plus a bmc throttle with switch center wires ( right ) Thanks

Edit; controller went south.

Crystalyte HS3540 with 72v 40 amp Infineon controller from ebikes.ca:

If your motor wires match this diagram:

http://electricwheels.de/electrical%20wiring%20diagram%20for%20Crystalyte%20hub%20motors.html

and controller wires match this:

http://www.ebikes.ca/store/photos/C7240-NC.jpg

Phase wires are colour matched

Hall wires should be:

Motor -> Controller

Yellow -> Blue
Green -> Yellow
Blue -> Green
(Power wires match red to red, black to black)

Thanks to JohnInCR and Fetcher for their posts explaining how to get the correct combinations. Knowing that there are no "incorrect" phase wire combinations just forward or reverse made things much easier. Just a matter of finding the correct hall combination that works with any given set of phase combinations. It only took me three tries swapping hall wires around to get the sequence working right.

48v 500W Bafang geared brushless hub motor to 48v MOSFET controller

Hall Wires
Motor = > Controller
B B
G G
Y Y

Phase wires
Motor = > Controller
B G
G Y
Y B

I purchased an E-BikeKit.com front hub geared motor and controller kit Nov 2011... it was great until I blew the controller and throttle... I purchased Lyen 12 Fet controller and had trouble getting the phase and hall cross wiring to work out. I came here and found the various wiring combo suggestions, including Edwads, but none of them worked for me. I got very lucky when I came across the combo that worked for me because it wasn't a combo I would have logically put together. Here's how it went...

Phase:
Controller - Motor
Yellow - Blue
Green - Green
Blue - Yellow

Hall:
Controller - Motor
Yellow - Blue
Green - Yellow
Blue - Green

Throttle:
Controller - Throttle
Black - Black or Yellow (Tip [+])
Red - Red or Brown (Ring [-])
Green - White or Green(Sleeve [Sig])

I'm having trouble finding the correct phase connections from an Infineon 18FET to a Crystalyte 5404. Anyone got any tips?

Hi Guys,

I am still surprise that no one has talked yet about the new Crystalyte sensorless hub-motor (HT) which have no dam wire identification... there are only those 3 stupid black Anderson PP45 connectors which give me no clue at all on how to plug it on my brand new 12 Fets controller (124110SL-MII Lyen Edition)

I have tried all combination possible swapping the Y-G-B wires from the controller to the hub-motor and no success... nothing works... there is only the CA lighting on. I used my multimeter and the 48Vdc is present at the power input of the controller but I have no clue how to check the phase power output!...

Thanks for your help....

Is your controller sensorless ?
You need a sensorless controller to go with a sensorless motor (but not the other way around - a sensorless controller will run a sensored or sensorless motor)
Sensorless controllers are easy, usually they either run straight away or run backwards (in which case you just switch 2 wires)

Back