A Summary Letter for the ES Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
amberwolf said:
I dunno...sometimes I'm not so sure it was a good idea. :lol:
Aw you are perfact for the Job don't worry. We are all aways trying to get better at what we do. :!:

Knuckles said:
There's only ONE BANNER I'd like to see on ES ....

www.ebikes.ca 8)

WOOOHOOO Knuckles is back :!: :)
Thank you for all the previous posts. Very good read from here.

Gosh, leave for a little while and all HELL breaks loose!
(I never really “left” ES, just been busy with “stuff”)

I am really GLAD that Justin is now the “Custodian” of ES.
It is the BEST thing that could have happened.

I really hope he embraces his “Stewardship” and proudly places his BANNER on ES.

Heck, Who here DOESN’T know http://www.ebikes.ca? Hello ... the Awesome Simulator?

Seriously. As a businessman, Justin can “write off” the expense of maintaining this forum.
(Rumor has it that Canadians pay taxes too!)

Justin is humble, noble and magnanimous in his efforts. He just LOVES EV.
I think he will never put his BANNER on ES unless we URGE him to do so.
That is a testament to his INTEGRITY!

Thanks Justin for pulling ES out of the ABYSS.

We all know WHO you are. PUT YOUR NAME ON IT SIR.
It would be comforting and beneficial to see this at the bottom of EVERY ES page …

powered-by.jpg

Knuckles said:
We all know WHO you are. PUT YOUR NAME ON IT SIR.
It would be comforting and beneficial to see this at the bottom of EVERY ES page
As much as we appreciate the effort and financial cost of the rescue, there are very good reasons for Justin to not affiliate Grin with the ES boards: The power of this board is in its unbiased foundation and willingness of the members to post with confidence that their contributions are solely benefiting the membership - not serving as bait for advertising.

Any member wishing to express gratitude is free to do so; but in the same fashion, any member should feel absolutely free to praise/condemn any product or supplier, including Grin.

It is a testament to Justin's wisdom-beyond-his-years that he keeps Grin "at arm's length" and moderation by the membership. Praise for Grin's products and services would be meaningless if it were perceived that Grin had any influence of the ES content though authority, rather than though merit.

First Rule of "Fight Club"?

TylerDurden said:
As much as we appreciate the effort and financial cost of the rescue, there are very good reasons for Justin to not affiliate Grin with the ES boards: The power of this board is in its unbiased foundation and willingness of the members to post with confidence that their contributions are solely benefiting the membership - not serving as bait for advertising.

Any member wishing to express gratitude is free to do so; but in the same fashion, any member should feel absolutely free to praise/condemn any product or supplier, including Grin.

It is a testament to Justin's wisdom-beyond-his-years that he keeps Grin "at arm's length" and moderation by the membership. Praise for Grin's products and services would be meaningless if it were perceived that Grin had any influence of the ES content though authority, rather than though merit.

This is kind of important for all of us to understand. Don't embarrass Justin with overwhelming gushiness.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

marty said:
justin_le said:
x this post here
replaces a 28 page thread x
Please don't delete all those topics that were created between August 4th and today.
Please don't erase history. We need to pay attention to what happened in the past so that it don't happen in the future. Lock the posts. Put them back in the General Discussion area to get buried if you like, but please don't erase what people spent many hours typing.

Has this thread been made public again?

The more I see other forums that have been littered with disgusting advertising, where it's not even really clear what is what, the more grateful I am that this forum was preserved.

The grass roots rebellion that saved it was inspiring! Everyone should know what happened...

It should be hung out like the declaration of independence!!

copy post from 'ebike nerdast thread' regarding an interview with Justin in which he discusses ES community:

grindz145 said:
Episode 18 is live! Justin Lemire - Elmore!

http://troyrank.com/2012/03/18/episode-19-justin-lemire-elmore/

Here's a rough index of the first episode, FYI:

eBike Nerdcast - Episode 18 - Justine Lemire - Elmore Interview said:
00:00 - Intro
01:50 - china trip
02:50 - exhibiting at the taipei cycle show
04:20 - background of Cycle Analyst
07:14 - CA new features
13:44 - about the ES buyout
19:35 - re ebikes.ca and ES
24:40 - the ebike movement
32:38 - ebike store/retail
36:42 - conversion kits vs turnkey ebikes
39:40 - ideal ebike speed
44:06 - trip across canada
49:45 - 'ebikes are the future' world tour

we all know justin saved the forum from going in the toilet.

i see his giving this interview as another great gift.

edit: if someone knows of a good speech to text converter, please let me know. or feel free to do the honors to make it available as a text file..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back