Now tonight I simply did basic maintenance on it, changed out the tires and tube (keeping the odd liners in the new tires), etc. I used the tires a friend gave me from a Landrider after he changed them out. They're still pretty new, just not the style he wanted. These are Kenda, very similar to the style that my DayGlo Avenger originally came with when it was a Columbia comfort bike, but with knobbier edges.
I added fenders, which I'd originally got from the junk bin at Build-A-Bike so I could put them on CrazyBike2. But CB2 won't fit them properly and didnt' have mounting points, so I didn't put them on. They were then going to go on my new bike build, but since it is delayed I'm using them on here for now.
A bit of interference to the rear rack reflector, though:
Will need a wider but less tall reflector to fix that.
I also added the rack off a heavy junky Mongoose, which I bought nearly a year ago from a thrift store solely becuase it had the rack and a disk brake front suspension fork, as well as a number of other usable components.
Mounting the rack was a bit of a challenge, as I think it is missing the correct front hardware, and I had to do a bit of fiddling to make the stuff that was with it work around the brake cable bosses on the seatstays
I moved the handlebar bag off of The Velcro Eclipse to this bike, just to have more carrying space without adding my usual big boxes on the sides.
I am considering changing out this:
for the autoshifter from the Landrider:
I don't have time ATM for making up a headlight and stuff, so for now it just gets a flashlight hoseclamped to the headtube, and another with a red gel on the left rear dropout area:
Since it didn't come with a kickstand, I moved the one Auraslip sent me that I'd had on DayGlo Avenger over to this one. On DGA it can't hold the bike up becuase of stuff in teh pod on the side, but this bike it holds up fine because it is all centered.
it is *just* tall enough to take the front wheel off the ground a teensy bit.
But the mounting isn't stable, and can pivot. I need to groove out the top end of the stand to catch the chainstays, and then build a little plate for the top to use instead of these washers, which slip:
I dind't have time to mount the mirror yet, before I got too tired to keep working on it, but this is how it will be for now:
A rearview mirror from the windshield of the Ford I had to get rid of, clamped to a bar-end using an aluminum accessory clamp off a Quickie wheelchair. The bar end gets mounted nearly parallel to the ground, forward pointing, so the mirror is vertical and adjustable a bit for best viewing.
This is the battery bag off The Velcro Eclipse
and while it fits the bottle mounts fine here, too, just like on TVE, it is in the way of pedalling unlike how it had been on TVE.
So I left it off for now. I will probably find a different bag to use that's narrower or can be hung from the top tube. And also one that matches the colors on this bike a bit better.
One thing that makes me leery of trying the Fusin front hubmotor on here is these tiny dropouts:
because I had a few issues with the nearly identical ones on TVE, using the 9C.
Heck, even on DGA's wider dropouts, I had problems with the Fusin when powered sufficiently
Finally though, I have a bike that can pull a "normal" trailer:
Although I still ahve to add the deck to the trailer, and a box underneath that for more stuff,
I also have another kennel that will be boltable to this trailer; it's a slightly bigger kennel than the one on the other trailer. It will go in place of the curved metal tubes
THere are some issues with this trailer, though, especially in turns
A sharp right or left turn is not possible without wheelstrike for rightturns, or reaching the limit of bending of the spring/polymer pivot on leftturns.
I would like to make a better hitch or at least better pivot point plaement, behind the rear wheel, but that will require fabricating a new part for the rear frame to do that. For now, it just clamps to the left chainstay, just forward of the dropout.