Dogati Electric Superleggera

j3tch1u said:
AussieJester said:
Threads going AW linked too it for you mate (Thanx Amber ;) ) the stabilizers, they hold the bike upright
while i transfer from my wheelchair to the bike... It is up and running sorting out a few minor details all in all shes
very good to ride alot more nimble than the cruiser ;)
KiM

ahhh...yes. my bad, i've seen this build. the quality is fantastic and i really like how you laid out the components. 38kg is a very good weight considering the size/power. would you consider building a quad like this:

[youtube]v2OJa-vWEaE[/youtube]

That is pretty neat erm 'car-bike' thing ain't it...don't think i would be
building one myself though :)

Hows the video production coming? hold up on the choppers for the arial shots due to volcanic ash in the sky i'm guess :p :mrgreen:

Hope all is well anywayz buddy...

KiM

j3tch1u- Your DIY CroMo frame, and AussieJester's frames were what gave me the inspiration to attempt my own frame build.

Thank you!

And I want to see this video!

goldenon.jpg

liveforphysics said:
j3tch1u- Your DIY CroMo frame, and AussieJester's frames were what gave me the inspiration to attempt my own frame build.

Thank you!

And I want to see this video!

apologies for the absence fellas. i haven't forgotten about es. this is not the end of Dogati. currently, i am building 6 more "Dogati pods" for some friends. along with a nifty android app, it will be an experiment in group consciousness, flock behavior.

Throttles all linked via WiFi to sum and average the collective throttle signal and allow that to pass onto the controller?

Hmm... That wouldn't work unless all riders were the same weight and nobody brakes more than anyone else.

Maybe WiFi linking of GPS coordinates buffered with accelerometer data to enable a group to all cruise around together?

Perhaps you mean flock, in the way that they rotate highest energy need positions to the mutual benefit of all the folks in the flock, so
maybe a web based setup using GPS to coordinate and plan to let folks with low batteries trade bikes with folks that have full batteries, but are going to a charging location soon or don't have as much distance to travel as the other guy?

liveforphysics said:
Throttles all linked via WiFi to sum and average the collective throttle signal and allow that to pass onto the controller?

Hmm... That wouldn't work unless all riders were the same weight and nobody brakes more than anyone else.

Maybe WiFi linking of GPS coordinates buffered with accelerometer data to enable a group to all cruise around together?

Perhaps you mean flock, in the way that they rotate highest energy need positions to the mutual benefit of all the folks in the flock, so
maybe a web based setup using GPS to coordinate and plan to let folks with low batteries trade bikes with folks that have full batteries, but are going to a charging location soon or don't have as much distance to travel as the other guy?

i like those ideas. the goal is to integrate pack mentality in a fun way (either close quarters or dispersed) but it has to be positive (no midnight marauders on a crime binge) lol.

guys, earlier this year i started an ev project. it is a single-seat performance sports-car. we are still searching for the holy grail drive system with best power/weight/size that can hit 250kw peaks. tentatively going forward with remy HVH250-115P motor. controller options for this motor are also pretty scarce--700VDC would be ideal but we'd settle for 360. if any car gurus wanna chime in that would be excellent.

btw, does anyone know any free-lance class-A surfacing experts (alias automotive preferred)?

just lost 2hrs and a half of my life, but what a two hours.

Like everyone else on here im completely overwhelmed by the quality, I think we must have very similar tastes and thought processes.

1. two of the three ebikes im building have girvin forks

2. I bought 2 matex planetaries about a year back with the thought of trying to do what Ben has shown possible.

3. I love the ducati frame style

4. sniping on ebay for girvins, yes and aussie jester try noleen and proflex as search terms too.

one day I am going to build my EV but for now i drive a 1st gen honda insight.

5. am currently studying computer sciences hpoing to make java/processing/arduino integrate with ebike diagnostics. What I think is missing seems to be reviewable real time visuals of all the points of failure simultaneously, ie temp of windings, temp of fets, volts, speed, etc kind of a beefed up CA which would output colourfully dynamically on any android phone. I know it can be done just got to figure out how.

in summary though I wish I had the skills to pull this build off

dont believe i'll ever be in Bens ebike league but

j3tch1u said:
guys, earlier this year i started an ev project. it is a single-seat performance sports-car. we are still searching for the holy grail drive system with best power/weight/size that can hit 250kw peaks. tentatively going forward with remy HVH250-115P motor. controller options for this motor are also pretty scarce--700VDC would be ideal but we'd settle for 360. if any car gurus wanna chime in that would be excellent.

Wow, that looks like quite a motor!
Here's the datasheet:
http://www.remyinc.com/docs/HVH250_r3_Sept_2010.pdf

Can you actually get one? You could probably drive it with a modified industrial VFD drive. That's going to take a large battery.

fechter said:
Can you actually get one? You could probably drive it with a modified industrial VFD drive. That's going to take a large battery.

yes, the prototypes are available for purchase (they are not in production yet). however, we are working with one of their VARs (better service) and currently waiting for more info on the water-cooled HVH. as far as inverter, Rinehart and possibly Tritium are the only options it seems.

j3tch1u said:
ghettoracer said:
I think I"m the only person in the world that's ridden both DeathBike 4.0 and Dogati!! :)

frank, you are like the neil armstrong of ebikers!

Youre more than welcome to join that elite club Ben. :)

Next time youre in the bay, come experience it.

Next time im in Taiwan I would love to try the beautiful Dogati.

I will be in China again for the second week of next month if you want to paint the town red together. Not Shenzhen though, lame-o Ghan Zhou (or however its spelled).

Then Maui for the last week if you want to chill there. Got a beach craving.

luke, i will definitely head down to sc with ghettoracer next time i'm in town. but first i have to produce the first batch of dogatii and ship a few down there for me and ghettoboy to ride.

if you can swing by taiwan, you could catch the Taipei Cycle show (mar 7-10). dogati will be on display at Pacific Cycles booth and available for test ride. free room & board at my house plus entertainment :) my friend also has a vacant resort (10,749 sq ft) that he has graciously offered to let me use. i could call a few "friends" to come play.

liveforphysics said:
j3tch1u said:
ghettoracer said:
I think I"m the only person in the world that's ridden both DeathBike 4.0 and Dogati!! :)

frank, you are like the neil armstrong of ebikers!

Youre more than welcome to join that elite club Ben. :)

Next time youre in the bay, come experience it.

Next time im in Taiwan I would love to try the beautiful Dogati.

I will be in China again for the second week of next month if you want to paint the town red together. Not Shenzhen though, lame-o Ghan Zhou (or however its spelled).

Then Maui for the last week if you want to chill there. Got a beach craving.

my first video (not a great performance). the Alfine 11 hub is busted and i'm struggling to keep the gears from slipping. the alfine is also not shifting when i want it to. advice: don't use the Alfine 11 if you have more than 250 watts :oops: btw, i start pedalling air passing the police station @ 0.40 min.

[youtube]tIrgbo_V5UU[/youtube]

Back