SoCal Motor Bicycle Race Sat Oct 22nd 2011 Grange Race Track

Great vids the both of them thanks for your time and effort. Looks like you did a great job on your bike and had a great rider(Aiden) as well.

Thanks to AGK for the radar gun at the end of the big 950' straight.
http://www.AffordableGoKarts.com

Obviously not all the speeds are the highest that the bikes hit during the day.

# - MPH
1 - 37 magrider 66 cc
3 - 29 scotto- 50 cc Huasheng Q Matic
3 - 40 scotto- 212c Harbor Freight CVT
5 - 31 Jim Rust 66 cc
6 - 43 Jonathon Wolf 200c Harbor Freight CVT
11 - 26 Samford&Son 5 hp Briggs & Stratton
12 - 36 msrfan 5 hp Briggs & Stratton
13 - 28 culvercityclassic 66 cc
15 - 47 culvercityclassic Jeff 200c Harbor Freight ???
16 - 40 Bigboy Timm 49 cc Chonda
17 - 39 Bigboy Roland 88 cc Chonda
19 - 42 Flex Man 200c Harbor Freight CVT
26??? - 36
29 - 34 Karen Hicks 66 cc
34 - 37 AirEd 200c Harbor Freight J/S
35 - 23 Tristen Brown 66 cc
49 - 38 Dave 9 hp Morini
50 - 29 Rick 66 c
55 - 27 Tim 66 cc
57 - 38 PistonBikeRob 66 cc
58 - 32 Ron VanLaar 66 cc
60 - 20 oldbiker 66 cc
66 - 22 Brokenpedals 66 cc
67 - 32 John Piston Bikes 66 cc
69 - 41 Easy Rider 11hp water cooled Morini
72 - 31 Ghrebes 5 hp Briggs & Stratton
74 - 50 Chris Tomahawk Tuning 14 hp Moped
75 - 34 pistonbike greg 66 cc

77 - Misread from 17???
80 - 37 Blayze-AGK-79cc HF with 2 speed
81 - 43 Bryan-AGK-6.5hp with torque converter
81 - 51 Bryan-AGK-built 6.5hp with jackshaft
84 - 41 Oppanoia 5 hp Briggs & Stratton
86 - 39 Rodney 66 cc
91 - 48 Chris Tomahawk Tuning Moped with pedals/no fairing
95 - 28 Kyle 66 cc
96 - 29 NoStyle Sin 66 cc
98 - 35 nashmoto 50 cc Honda G4 shifter kit with Nuvinci hub

eBikes

100 - 67 liveforphysics Luke
105 - 31 SoSauty
109 - 49 PaulD
111 - 30 Evoforce Ed
113 - 31 zombiess
116 - 47 farfle (Rider Aiden)
117 - 29 Dan Hannebrook ebike with balloon tires

farfle and his 2nd place eBike

pits-26.jpg

pits-25.jpg

pits-24.jpg

Hey MBR,
Hope the holidays treated you well!
I see you mentioned the April 7th race in PaulD's give away thread. (so i guess its on then LOL) I didn't want to post the event in case it was still getting the details iron'd out. Time for a new race date thread.

If I make the trip this April I am gunning for the china girl title! (as well as the E-bike title)
& I am damn sure not going to be late this time! :mrgreen:

I am 85% on making the trip again. Just need a few guys to call me "chicken" or 'poser" & its ON!

LOL!
the gloves are off now!
(now to slip on the raceing gauntlets.....I am off to cycle my stored batteries)

Amberwolf, Never figured you for a trouble maker! :mrgreen:

Hey, well, I can't make it, and me and my bike wouldn't be allowed on the track anyway, so I gotta "encourage" those that will be and even stand a chance of winning. :lol:

Thud said:
I am 85% on making the trip again. Just need a few guys to call me "chicken" or 'poser" & its ON!

Baaaq! Bah-gock! Baaaaaaaaq!

(That was google translate for calling you a chicken in a language that a chicken like you can understand.)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*Just kidding of course Thud, I think you're amazing for making it out, and I know you're a badass rider and nobodys chicken. :)

Will be planning on hitting this race for sure :D. Assuming that I don't burn down this poor motor with the controller I got.

Com-on Todd,

I'll be racing my old commuter bike, 20Amp no-name controller, nearly dead 37V Lith-mg batt, bald back tire, chewing gum stuck 'tween the knobbies on front, cute motor with wobbly bearings, square wheels from hitting potholes in the dark, and freewheel stuck in hi-gear :wink: Bet'cha can't lap me, com'on Bully bully bully

April 7th is coming up quick. Ed, Dan, Dave, Emanuel, Nicobie, and any interested racers, don't forget the new entry level class. Lo-power e-bikes get to run with small 4strokes. Just about any bike running under 2K power is suited:

This class is for:
- novices wanting to run their street bikes,
- racers wanting to race a 2nd bike,
- innovators piloting concepts in a lo-power environment,
- those on a tight budget,
- competitors that love the challenge of going fast with limited power,
- those of us old/wise enough to shy away from insanely highspeed crashes.

Volts X Amps = Power(K) Generally battery volts X controller amps
48V X 40A = 1920watts or 1.92K
60V X 30A = 1800watts or 1.8K
Lipo (nominal)
44.4V X 40A = 1776watts/1.8K
66.6V X 30A = 1998watts/1.99K
88.8V X 20A = 1776watts/1.8K

Bring your e-bike or bring a 2nd and try a run, you'll get hooked on the cheapest quality racing sport on earth 8)

We are coming full circle.

Safe says:
Re: (OUTLAW) Electric Bicycle Road Racing
by safe on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 pm

SAFE MIGHT HAVE TO SHUT UP

Finally !!!
edit out redundant quote from above
Not precisely a 1000 Watt input limited class but I'm happy that the regular folks get to play now.
Geez... at this rate I might actually get accepted back in the ebike world.

(we will see)

----------------------------

Since I would be using near road racing sized tires (24" x 3") I would likely run into troubles with the tire rules if I won too easily, so in order to compensate I would stay in a self imposed 1000 Watt input limit which should make it very sporting. My corner speeds will probably be the fastest of any bike on the track.

People should expect top speeds of at least 40 mph. (50 mph if you push these limits to the max)
taken from here:
http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2465&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=833438a9d6f74434b7dff65066875213&start=30

Safe, You were never out if the "e-bike world" This is just one forum....(of the many you've been banned from) I am confused as to why you feel ostracized by the e-bike comunity in whole?

You must feel increadbly wronged by the membership here to spawn this thread:
http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2545&sid=833438a9d6f74434b7dff65066875213
My suggestion to correct misinformation....linK the offending post & give your rebutle facts. Clear & consice will read much better then the narcissistic chaff & political slants you tend to add. (or better yet, Get over it.....its been how many years?)

That said,
Everyone is welcome at the races. The more the merrier!

Your tires are perfectly leagle...your confidence is inspiring. let the fat jokes fly.
Hope to see you at a race someday.
Not anonomously.
T

My bicycle is on Pirelli's now. HOLY CHIT! This makes the biggest difference in handling I've ever experienced from a single change.

The steering wildness of the machine is gone now, it feels down right tame to ride. No more wander, no more bucking and shuttering in corners, no more chattering under heavy braking, just smooth delightful stickiness and effortless corner transitions. After ripping for long enough that a set of hookworms would be destroyed, the tires look new still! Hardly even scuffed after an hour of ripping hard!

Unfortunately.... the pedals hit the ground really badly if they aren't carefully clocked for each impending corner entry, which I don't really see being safe for road racing.

I'm building an all new frame though... Full suspension this time, setup with 1" of sag front and rear, and 1" of travel after the sag, so 2" total travel front and rear. Needle bearing pivots and linkage. All batteries and motor tucked into the front triangle. And for road racing, I only need about 1/5th the power of my current bike, so a smaller drivetrain as well.

ROFLMFAO@safes rambling post...question though, according to Safe liveforphysics was killed on his high powered e-bike, so how I ask is it still possible for him to poison the minds of other 'Sphererites'. Are you doing it from beyond the grave Luke? impressive stuff anyways buddy LMAO

KiM

P.s. Give it shit THudSTeR go go go Team THuD!!!!

AussieJester said:
ROFLMFAO@safes rambling post...question though, according to Safe liveforphysics was killed on his high powered e-bike, so how I ask is it still possible for him to poison the minds of other 'Sphererites'. Are you doing it from beyond the grave Luke? impressive stuff anyways buddy LMAO

KiM

P.s. Give it shit THudSTeR go go go Team THuD!!!!

Yes, i just poke my hand up out of the dirt with my phone when I post. :)

liveforphysics said:
Yes, i just poke my hand up out of the dirt with my phone when I post. :)

hehehe,

anybody know if anyones bringing a cromotor to the track? And I know thud and etard are coming, who else is showing up? More fast bikes would be awesome.

liveforphysics said:
My bicycle is on Pirelli's now. HOLY CHIT! This makes the biggest difference in handling I've ever experienced from a single change.

The steering wildness of the machine is gone now, it feels down right tame to ride. No more wander, no more bucking and shuttering in corners, no more chattering under heavy braking, just smooth delightful stickiness and effortless corner transitions. After ripping for long enough that a set of hookworms would be destroyed, the tires look new still! Hardly even scuffed after an hour of ripping hard!

Unfortunately.... the pedals hit the ground really badly if they aren't carefully clocked for each impending corner entry, which I don't really see being safe for road racing.

I'm building an all new frame though... Full suspension this time, setup with 1" of sag front and rear, and 1" of travel after the sag, so 2" total travel front and rear. Needle bearing pivots and linkage. All batteries and motor tucked into the front triangle. And for road racing, I only need about 1/5th the power of my current bike, so a smaller drivetrain as well.
Dude My bmx always kills me if the peddles are in the wrong posistion. Just learn to ride ;)

Thud said:
We are coming full circle.

Safe says:
Re: (OUTLAW) Electric Bicycle Road Racing
by safe on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:57 pm

SAFE MIGHT HAVE TO SHUT UP

That said,
Everyone is welcome at the races. The more the merrier!

Your tires are perfectly leagle...your confidence is inspiring. let the fat jokes fly.
Hope to see you at a race someday.
Not anonomously.
T
Shut up??? How about show up and race?
Yup, now that there is a low power ebike class I am counting on Safe to show up and support it!

Safe's tires have my blessing so there are no excuses not to get out on the track this April 7th

Neil,
PIRELLI ML75'S 2.5-16" (on 20" bicycle rims with bicycle hubs & bicycle spokes)

Leagle for compitition or not.....just say yes or no please. (that "If" you posted raised my eyebrows)

My only real gripe on the bicycle stuff is, it's way overpriced....the Ml75's cost me a 1/3 less than hookworms.

If I am going to blow $800.00 (& a weeks vacation) on a trip out west, The fewer suprises the better. :p

Yes, moped 2.5" Pirelli's are cool. Seems a cautious approach to approving safer non-bicycle tires has caused uncertainty. There is a tight rope act to somewhat keep these events motored "bicycle" while still allowing those pushing the envelope of innovation a proving ground.

Safe tires are encouraged, especially for the 35mph+ bikes. The Maxxis hookworms seem to have proven themselves, (correct me if you have seen otherwise) as well as moped/(motorcycle) tires that are designed for our racing speeds. Lo-powered bikes should strive to run bicycle tires to be within the spirit of MBR (I've never noticed the tire Police). Hi-powered bikes should strive to run bicycle wheels and safe Maxxis, or Pirelli 2.5" wide tires, this list should grow. If you have 2.75", 3.00", or motorcycle wheels; please contact MotorBicycleRacing to discuss. He's easy going and an advocate of our sport.

Think I'll put up a special prize, a Turnigy 63/74 motor for the fastest <1500W finisher in the new blended small motors class :p

Safe, you and Christofe#74 yellow fairing, who runs a delightfully designed 49cc 2stroke, should have a lot to discuss.

Attachments

• 63-74Turnigy.jpg
    63-74Turnigy.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,874
Awesomeness!! I'm gearing up for a staging area at my house, let's blow some breakers guys (no 220 v yet)! Any and all are invited, so let me know if you need a place to crash and I have a big trailer if we need to haul anything up there. Grange is about an hour and a half away from me. I'm going low power and high power this time, so race what you got!

liveforphysics said:
very interesting... link to thread pls.. 8)

April, huh? I do need a couple days away... :twisted:

Back