Signalab 12 cell BMS

docnjoj

1 GW
Hi-Tek bikes website states that they no longer sell BMS. Where can I get one in this country these days?
otherDoc

I have no idea, in country. Battery space would have something, but not signalab I bet. Ping will sell you a bms. Just email and ask.

He has a high amp. 60amp 48v. I don't know about a 12s high discharge. But would like to know. The plug side is the same size just doulble the fets in lenght. I'll go look. Is this for your A123 pack ? How is that headway headguarters bms 50-100amp. ?

Thanks dogman amd Zip. Actually all-battery has some but they are out of stock. I guess I'll write to Ping and wait. Yes it is for the new A123 stack but I just want them for reliability not for high amp draw. The other possibility is for 10 more Voltfreaks chargers or a Hyperion charger. I do have a good power supply to power the Hyperion 14S type charger. Decisions, decisions. I guess having choices is a good thing, but I have had good success with Signalab BMS and it would make the battery plug n'play.
otherDoc

Those led,s are so pretty and they make me fill good when they all dance. I'm going 24s if it fit's. So it would be best as two 12s I think. But would like a high discharge. Or go bareback.

I noticed a while ago that Headway Headquarters no longer offers Signal Lab BMS's because of customer issues. You might determine what their issues were before making your replacement choice. (I think the issues might have related to higher discharge current useage.)

Headway headquarters stop selling the signalabs due to the high failure rates and the money spent and lost during customer support ( shipping back and forth to customer replacing dead cells the signalabs bms destroyed etc..) also they were weren't handling current that well within their specs and malfunctioning when you apply throttle to use them you get the red light of death

Better off to not have a bms designed for lowish amps on hot rods imo.

joe tomten said:
''
'

http://www.all-battery.com/protectivepcbsforlifepo4.aspx
Unfortunately they list the 12 S BMS as "out of stock".
otherDoc

dogman said:
Better off to not have a bms designed for lowish amps on hot rods imo.
I'm about the furthest thing from a "hot rodder"! I generally ride "Myrtle the turtle" speeds.
otherDoc

I've had the charging FET on a 16 cell Signalab BMS start melting the solder at an 8 A charge.

I hate BMS's as it is so hit and miss if they work or not. I love the ones Cellman uses as they just work and cut off the cell before it gets to 2.0v unlike some others.

The big metal heatsink stops them from over heating as well.

auraslip said:
headway-headquarters can get any signalab bms you need
American company. Been very nice to me every time I've contact them.
Thanks auraslip I will look into them.
otherDoc

As usual Ping comes through. He can get one to me in a week or so. I will order the BMS as soon as the Cell sale for A123 is confirmed.
otherDoc

yep, just do like doc did and solder the copper tab on the end where the drain tabs are soldered down. i think that just using a big wire like i did is able to soak up a lot of heat, into the wire, because the metal conducts heat so fast then just the density of the wire gives you a big heat sink without much soldering and along the edge.

Thanks for the tip, Dnmun. I have never in 4 Ping batteries had a Signalab BMS fail. Well, except for the one I forgot to disconnect and left the battery in storage over the winter. It drained down 4 cells and forced me to rebuild the pack. Oh, well.
otherDoc

Back