andreym wrote:the following picture will explain where to solder AC-in(P1-P2) and DC out(P4=positive and P5=negative) wires
andrey, you make it too easy for the other 10!
thanks, i will need this soon!
that is: IF i get ONE ebike running. both are DOWN right now. i'm so mad, frustrated and embarrassed.
GT i drive:
- halls & phase wires test beautifully on ebike tester (get one if you don't have one)
- tried TWO identical working controllers, same problems - wheel spins but with no power whatsoever, and (slowly) at different speeds using speed switch!
- i've never seen anything like this.
- 83V everywhere
- perhaps the magura throttle line? maybe the inline resistor broke. i'll test a diff controller. that may explain random pulsing i had last week.
- or, maybe a rat crawled in the motor after charlie loosened the sidecover? i can test with another motor...
ok, that's a plan of action at least. less mad now.
Skippic wrote:I'm charging my battery to 4.3V
enjoying the island??
i wished we could have raced - that way this controller could have lived for longer than TWO rides!
- a hall is dead - or more likely shorted somewhere on the axle - that white plastic woven sheath is shredded near the bearing, so it was surprising it ran on friday
- but on Saturday, i poked the programming connector with multimeter probes and probably ruined the chip -
- that's just a suspicion. i was trying to find a 5V source for my temp sensor, and since there wan't a speed switch connector. one connector gave 5V between the black and other wires, but later lyen reminded me that was the programming connector when i asked him how to solder to the board to add a speed switch connector. might as well build up the bike right and do the proper upgrades. so i popped the controller, added the speed switch, but could not get the bike to run after that! even w/ speed switch disconnected. and something smelled a bit funny.
i may have blown the chip. i'm going to try to program it next, to see if it's alive.
if not, i'll be pretty pissed, as this destructive streak is getting out of hand.
i hopped on my road bike to commute this morning, but the gears are broken.