do you leave you electric bike on when you park?

monster

100 kW
do you leave you electric bike on when you park?

someones gonna get quite a surprise one day.

sometimes i just leave it on when i am only parking for a short time.

Nope.

I always physically disconnect and flip a switch. I'm very concerned that some kid or worse might twist the throttle or flip the switch when it is parked. I plan to build a lock onto the controller at some point.

I have a key switch that kills everything. Kids can't resist messing with the controls.

Never...If I'm out and about I lock it up when I get off and the key for the lock is on the same ring as the inition key for the bike. When at home I bring the bike inside and need a key to access the battery container,also on the same key ring. I still use sla so the batteries are removed and put on a charger as soon as I come in.

Eric

i disconnect, or flip the switch, one or the other. (mostly d/c)

my switch is under my rack so its nicely hidden.

never leave power on.

i don't leave the batteries on the bike @ work either - they're brought inside to charge.

My habit is -
get off the bike.
disconnect power to the controller.
(so i don't try and charge while its connected)

I like riding with a friend so if we stop at a store one can guard the bikes. If I am in an area that is not too busy I will run in for a cola while the bike is in view. Had one non -electric bike stolen and it was a bad experience.

If I am not on it, the power is off and the throttle is disconnected. A big red button is easy to figure out. A tiny cable in a bunch of wires is not.

Back