Re: 5KW 72V Controller 36 #4410 FET's, $108 #4110's $154

The Mighty Volt said:
Chatting with the man himself right now....... :D

Please tell him John in Costa Rica is about to order some more stuff, bigger order than last time. Ask about the shipping via hongkong post. That's what I want. I'm not set up for chat, so trading emails takes forever.

Is their programming software available for these yet or is the seller still holding out?

What are the numbers on the main ECU?

auraslip said:
Ask him if he can program the three speed switch!

He can do that for fun. :D

full details for you:

skype is leo840522, MSN: leo840522@126.com

email: chinagreentime@gmail.com

Says he is looking forward to hearing from you.

He's got excellent English, knows his business, the product is sound, myself and JohnInCr can attest to that.

He's not some fly-by-night merchant either.

For my next Purchase I will be, a la Justin with his suppliers, asking for the flexible wire, and the more particular fittings, like Andersons, 200A bullets etc, instead of the stiff wire and the crimped connectors.

zombiess said:
Is their programming software available for these yet or is the seller still holding out?

What are the numbers on the main ECU?

Dude is holding out.

DSCN5159.jpg

Subscribed

And I mailed him to tell him he lost my custom because he is not selling programable. maybe if he got many e-mails telling him he is loosing customers he may change his mind? Surely no harm in trying

NeilP said:
Subscribed

And I mailed him to tell him he lost my custom because he is not selling programable. maybe if he got many e-mails telling him he is loosing customers he may change his mind? Surely no harm in trying

I outdid you on that a long time ago and told him with programmable they could charge $25-30 for the programmable option including cable to crazy westerners, probably doubling their profit per controller, and still no go.

The issue is that the boards and components can be had dirt cheap over there, but if you have all the parts all you have is just parts if you can't program them. With the programming you suddenly become competition. :mrgreen:

Hi John

yes I did see that you had already mailed him, which is what prompted me to do it as well. More people that do it the better I think

John in CR said:
The Mighty Volt said:
Chatting with the man himself right now....... :D

Please tell him John in Costa Rica is about to order some more stuff, bigger order than last time. Ask about the shipping via hongkong post. That's what I want. I'm not set up for chat, so trading emails takes forever.

Okay, I will ask about the HongKong post next.

lol this used to be somebody elses thread, I only joined because I wanted a 24 Mosfet controller, now I am doing the negotiating. :shock: :lol: :lol:

I also submitted an email saying I'm only interested in the controller if it's programmable.

silverrich1 said:
forget programming for me, I'll mod the shunt and get that 100.8v 200/250A out of this $130 controller no problem. put me down for a genuine 4110 36 fet please.
now all we need to do is contact nine continents motors for their 4kw 'greyborg' motor (approx $310 shipped), and xin wang for her 20ah a123 cells (28 of them $504) any 48v bms's x 2 (100$) for the sub $1000 10kw super ebike ;)

Does this controller come with reverse?
Mine did.

Even though I said I wouldn't buy this if it didn't have programming ability.... I'm tempted too anyways :S

I also emailed Leo regarding programmability. He may be about to budge...

I havent replied yet, So what's the list of exactly what we all want?

Sorry for my late reply!

Can you tell me which parameters of the controller you hope to be programmed?

Best regards,

Leo Liu

Hi Leo,

I would very much like to purchase one of your 36FET controllers if you can include the programming ability?
Please let me know if you are able to sell these with this feature.

And he did tell me

Leo said:
Dear Neil,

Sorry for my late reply!

For now we also can make 24FET 4115's controller, but our controller does not have one port for directly connecting to PC, but if possible, you can modify it by yourself.

So hopefully is implying that it just needs the wires and plug fitted to the board header.

After going to 24p20s with his bike my son leaned on the controller pretty good this morning. It's the 36fet with 4110's. Battery current is consistently peaking at 134A. He took a 27km ride stopped a few times to check motor and controller temps, and about half included mostly flat with over 100m change in elevation from the house to the turnaround. Then he went straight to his run up the waterfall that I can't do on my bike with the same motor, but still sealed, due to my 80lb heavier load and no ventilation. There are some 25-30% grade segments mixed in that 450m climb, so it's a real test of an ebike, even if he's only 175lbs. The controller stayed nice and cool, and for the first time the 2 turn 16Kv ventilated hub got pushed to pretty warm between the spoke flanges.

We haven't tested regen yet, but we're pleased as punch with the controller and see no problem pushing it higher, especially since the motor can handle it without issue even on steep hills. He averaged 55kph up the climb only backing off for curves. I'll have him give it a try at about 40kph too, which will actually be more stressful for the controller.

John

John in CR said:
After going to 24p20s with his bike my son leaned on the controller pretty good this morning. It's the 36fet with 4110's. Battery current is consistently peaking at 134A. He took a 27km ride stopped a few times to check motor and controller temps, and about half included mostly flat with over 100m change in elevation from the house to the turnaround. Then he went straight to his run up the waterfall that I can't do on my bike with the same motor, but still sealed, due to my 80lb heavier load and no ventilation. There are some 25-30% grade segments mixed in that 450m climb, so it's a real test of an ebike, even if he's only 175lbs. The controller stayed nice and cool, and for the first time the 2 turn 16Kv ventilated hub got pushed to pretty warm between the spoke flanges.

We haven't tested regen yet, but we're pleased as punch with the controller and see no problem pushing it higher, especially since the motor can handle it without issue even on steep hills. He averaged 55kph up the climb only backing off for curves. I'll have him give it a try at about 40kph too, which will actually be more stressful for the controller.

John

smiley_salute.gif
smiley_salute.gif

Thats great news. Thanks for the report back. Very encouraging. Give our regards to your kid and tell him to take care.

No, it's not typo. The 12p on it before was sagging too much at the 70A it was getting hit with, so it needed more batts to feed the Leo36. That was the 75lb race bike I built last year with 12p20s Konion V's. This past week he added 4p to each side and 4p along the top. 24p20s is just 36ah74V nominal, and about half the strings are pretty worn, so it's more like 32-33ah, but what's the big deal with that? We don't get air, and only rarely pick up our bikes, so 30ah or more is just 3 times the fun of the whimpy 10ah packs so many run. :mrgreen:

This is what it looks like now, and the extra weight just helps keep the front wheel down, which is now an issue. I think it looks a little better than it did with 12p, though not in this pic.
Clown Bike with 24p.jpg

Oh, 18650 style cells? Oh yeah, well then 24p is no big deal.

I am building 16p right now with the A123 18650's, which I augmented with the "real thing" from OSN Power.

Its for the X5305 in the 20" wheel with the 18 Fet Lyen 65A, so 16p at 5C tested, means 80 Amps, more than enough.

The 24 Mosfet is going onto either the 1500w Moped Motor or the X5303 in a 20". Decisions Decisions. One way or the other that Moped motor is getting fed with 8p 26650 A123 M1 cells.....no point in doing all the ground work for that sucker and not being able to feed it. Its also going to be 24s. No more half measures.

I might swing for the fences and go for the 36 Fet with the 4110's for the Moped motor now that we have such positive reviews. :D

I spray painted the little frame I will be using for the Moped motor today, I am experimenting with BBQ paint, it seems to take very very well, requires no priming and is bullet proof after 5 coats. Some lacquer should be the next step.

Leo fails to budge or his hands are tied regarding programability..

For now we can not offer you the programmable 36FET controller, sorry! We only can offer you the controller with 2 lvc switchable. Max current, block time, Regen braking voltage, 3-speed ratio set as your requests before sending to you.

It makes no sense. He IS offering the programmable controller, we know he is, because he is programing the damn thing before he ships it out.

Christ its annoying. And totally unnecessary. :evil: :evil:

Back