CroBorg Super Commuter

MattyCiii said:
chroot said:
@gensem - Really, I'll check with zombies later after I meet up with ilia and Lyen in SF today.

Chroot,
Did you get to talk about price, or availability of the Speed Drive? Speed Drive seems like just the ticket for pedal-augmented e-power!

I've got one for my bike and will eventually have more in the future (don't ask now), but I need the tool to cut the bottom bracket so it will fit and I don't have that part yet. Supposedly one of the guys I know here in town has access to the tool so I'm going to try and get my race bike to him so I can get it installed.

I had to sand inside the seat tube a bit for the post to fit. It ended up being such a tight fit, that I don't have a clamp on my post (it just stays stuck), and I wouldn't be able to move it without a lot of trouble. That was because I didn't sand all the way through the seat tube (very hard to do that), so be aware that the suggested tube is a very tight fit.

I went trough this same issue:)
Easy fix (30 minutes), drill a screw (hexagonal head is best)into a shorted piece of broom handle,
cover the piece of wood with enough sand paper to make it spin (hold with tape at the extremities)
and rub the inner seat post tube with a drill.
Easier than what you think.

Philistine said:
I had to sand inside the seat tube a bit for the post to fit. It ended up being such a tight fit, that I don't have a clamp on my post (it just stays stuck), and I wouldn't be able to move it without a lot of trouble. That was because I didn't sand all the way through the seat tube (very hard to do that), so be aware that the suggested tube is a very tight fit.

no sexual innuendos....

Thanks for the photos, do you mind Giving a few cost details for such a build. Interested in price of frame mostly. Looks amazing. I visited greyborg site but his online shop seems to be offline

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

Haven't chosen one. The White is the best, but it appears that it won't screw all the way down. The Dicta has threads all the way through but reviews indicate it isn't as good quality. ACS also may have quality issues.

One concern I have is if the freewheel fails the pedals will start spinning. That would create a major problem at speed.

So I have not decided. I would like to use the White Brothers unit. To get it all the way down might require shortening the threads on the motor. The fully threaded freewheel is the easiest route.

Shortening the 24FET controller

My 24FET controller is about 1/8" too long. The extrusion is longer than it needs to be, so my plan is to shorten it. I was wondering how I was going to clamp it in my small mill to shorten it. Recently I got a 120 tooth 12 inch non ferrous blade for my chop saw. It cuts aluminum like butter. So I think I will use that on the controller extrusion. I'll work up some clamping, but with this blade there is no vibration or noise cutting aluminum. So that's the plan at the moment.

If you a carefull you can fit like 24-28 (depending on the clearance you want front the side cover) 20ah a123 pouchs, but be aware that you ll have to bent the cells a little.

You can ask Luke or ilia, I think they have dud or dead A123 pouch 20Ah and ask them if they could donate you so you can test the fitting measure inside the frame. 8)

Alan B said:
gensem said:
If you a carefull you can fit like 24-28 (depending on the clearance you want front the side cover) 20ah a123 pouchs, but be aware that you ll have to bent the cells a little.

That is about 1.5 kwh of A123. Nice. :)

Is that using both battery storage areas on the frame?

Alan B said:
gensem said:

Yes, I did some research on that subject a while ago, but decided to test the cromotor before ordering battery for the warp frame.

Alan B said:
gensem said:

you can fit 48 hewadways inside ..without bending ....still 1.5 kw

Looking at brakes

The Greyborg standard forks have dual disc capability. So what dual mirrored calipers are available?

Looks like only two. The Gatorbrake 8 pot, and the Magura BIG Twins. Any others??

Freewheels Again

Received the White Industries. It will take an 8mm spacer to avoid having it bottom out on the motor threads. The motor threads are wide. Not sure if this is a problem until the swingarm is together and more measurements are made.

Alan B said:
Looking at brakes

The Greyborg standard forks have dual disc capability. So what dual mirrored calipers are available?

Looks like only two. The Gatorbrake 8 pot, and the Magura BIG Twins. Any others??

Greyborg told me Hygia does duals that work. I've been wanting to order some Hygia brakes to test them out but have been holding off until I get my own frame and fork because I want the dual fronts. From what I've read the Hygia brakes look pretty nice and are reasonably priced for complete setups. If someone buys them I hope they do a review. I really want to buy a set myself right now just to test them out on my race bike which currently has Hayes Strokers on it, but it's not in my current budget right now.

Back