"Strong Commuter" Build...

Brentis

10 kW
Well, here we go again boys & girls.
Just got home from a trip to Hamilton, Ontario. Where I picked up my third Strong GTS eBike.
$200 cdn. $25 in gas & 3 hours of my time. :wink:

Endless Sphere meet the "Strong Commuter"

The Industries best high performance eBike..JPG
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
350w of tire shredding power.

View attachment 2

This has to be my last bike purchase for awhile. No more new/used bikes in 2012. :D

Light & horn.JPG

Full fenders, rear rack, & trunk..JPG

This example has all the options.
It also has new batteries(SLA) and a blown controller.
Perfect for modification.

This build is intended as a replacement for "Ghetto". A legal'ish commuter.
I may strip Ghetto down for the components. 16s5p a123, Hx3540, 35amp controller.
Or, I may sell Ghetto complete, to fund parts for this build.
Got some decision making to do.

I see this with a MAC 500w & 16s4p a123 in OG battery case, but we'll see where my fancy takes us. :mrgreen:
Tear down pics coming soon.

Stay tuned...

Damn cool frames, I'd sure snap at one if I saw it for sale, but at the price I'd pay for frame only.

Cheers Dogman.
I love em'.

I keep my eye on the local ads daily. See them relatively frequently @ $200-$500+
Alas I have enough bikes for now.( unless I find another broke down example for real cheap :roll: )
I will post links for the locals to scoop up, if I find more.
I'd be curious to find an example in the states.
Seems these bikes only made it to Canada & the UK.

This is like a poor mans Stealth. If you see one for sale cheap, grab it. You wont regret it.
Perfect bike to convert, as the OG components are craptastic.

:mrgreen:

Very nice! Perfect for your LiPo battery packs lay on the middle frame and full suspension is PLUS BONUS!!

*subscribed*

Updates...

3quater there..JPG
View attachment 4
Rear end..JPG
a123 where it should be..JPG
Controller squeezed between fender and rack..JPG
need to wrap and space. Temporary situation..JPG

She is ready to ride.
I still need to wrap/secure the battery, but i could go for a ride right now :mrgreen:
A record build/rebuild for me.
Guess what though? Its currently 0c & snowing. WTF. 25c all March supposed to snow today & tomorrow. 10c Wed. :twisted:
Given space, the right tools & 8 hours, I believe I could convert two bikes. :wink:
That's if I was set-up right & hammer'in through er'.
Considering selling/trading my 16s5p a123 Cell_man pack for Lipo.
Really need to utilize those battery cases that my current pack doesnt fit.
Potential I could cut 1p out of the pack. Then it would fit the manu. box.
I'll create a for sale thread when I make a decision.

Hey agniusm, what do you think of these fenders? :wink:

from my "Ghetto" Build.
agniusm said:
Get rid of those fenders bro, looks bloody awful. Get some for 20" wheels :)
Stay tuned...

Well I built up my clamping dropouts & tested it out.
All good in the hood. Lets roll.
Went for a ride to me maws,10km away, to visit with a new nephew & brother/sister in-law.
Round the last corner, phuuuuuuhsssssssssst. First flat of the season. :roll:
No one home & I'm on rim. They were out visiting family & my maw was out on a walk. WTF.
She showed 15 mins later & van'd my sad ass home.

10km ride impression, Smooth, Kool, Attn getting 40kph moped.
Going from the full rigid Ghetto bike to this F/S is sweeeeet.
I rode around the lake path & was stopped once, given 3 nice bike guy, & lots of attn.
I am handsome as a young Shatner though :wink:
Too fast too ride the bike path that shares asphalt with the walking path.
Grazers are the norm so a bit on the dangerous side, even when you slow to 15kph.
On road or trail, it is very smooth, rear shock feels perfect,
front end bobs like a common crack whore, but is soft like a Caddy.
Going to try my spare front end, as I remember it being much stiffer.

I figured out the speed issue I was having. Had the ebrake plugged into 3spd switch plug that was the same.
Ran the motor @ like 75%. All better now. Cant wait to get out there again.
First I gotta fix a flat & wait for the T-storms to pass. Supposed to be pretty shitty here for the next few days.
Sun then storm then sun then storm today & currently rumbling out there.
Second create a bit of a build log for clamping drops.
Here's a teaser.
Dark ass teaser pic. + a flat.JPG
more to come.

Stay tuned...

Updates...

If you run a small wheel conversion of a standard 26" wheeled bike, watch your crankarm length. :roll:
I got too comfortable running a 20" in 26" bike with my rigid suspension Ghetto build,
only one pedal impact incident, that I saved.
With StrongCommuter & its full suspension, ground clearance varies. Be careful folks or suffer the pain.
There was no saving this incident, it happened so fast that by the time I realized what was happening I was eating/rolling dirt.

Ouchy.

Bruised from dangle to knee..JPG
Growing some colour.JPG

[youtube]hk5augnCEvQ[/youtube]

I'm going to go get back on the horse now. Ride safe y'all.

Stay tuned...

Be careful folks or suffer the pain.
There was no saving this incident, it happened so fast that by the time I realized what was happening I was eating/rolling dirt.

Brentis, I too, had a crash this year. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40514 It friggin hurt when I went over the handle bars. Sucks doesn't it. Happens so fast. One minute you're like la, la, la, what a beautiful day and the next minute it's over the handle bars and "frig me, it hurts".
Stay safe.

boppinbob said:
Be careful folks or suffer the pain.

Brentis, I too, had a crash this year. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40514 It friggin hurt when I went over the handle bars. Sucks doesn't it. Happens so fast. One minute you're like la, la, la, what a beautiful day and the next minute it's over the handle bars and "frig me, it hurts".
Stay safe.

Lightweight. I'm on to crash number 3 for the season. I dont think you are ridin' hard enough. :wink:
Seriously though, crash number 3, disabled both the wheel and my body.
I got myself into a position where I had to perform an extreme evasive maneuver.(avoid some punks)
Bicycle wheels & tires aren't designed for a 200+ pounder to drag a knee around a corner @ 40kph.
Lacing gave way, all spokes loose, 1 broke. Wheel wobbling as I am forced into 1 more turn before I can stop.
Well that was it for the bike, it had had enough, so it decided to chuck me. Highside.
Left a half pound of flesh on the asphalt, road rash.
Rolled onto my back, had a S.S. water bottle in my backpack, major f*^%$ tweek. Both since healed.
But I bent my thumb back to the wrist & its still fuct.
I have a feeling that this one is a permanent reminder that I'm not 16 anymore.
Luckily it is my left hand, I can still grip a throttle & my manhood.

Been a little over a month with no E grins. I miss it intensely.
I will be back to it soon though. (as soon as the wife & mother get over the trauma) :lol:

Ride within the limit of your equipment. Stay safe all.

OH DUDE!

I've been wonderin' how brentis is goin' for about a month now... Now i know!...whoa, mate, that sucks sooo badly. Rest up, heal up, it's easy to say but it's the hard part actually. Sitting around waiting for physicality to come good takes frickin' ages but there's a cloud of brothers here cheerin' for ya matee. Take care.

Brentis said:
A quick vid.

[youtube]RSy75A_-G8I[/youtube]

Loving the Dogman Torque Arms! :)

Tommy L sends.... \\m// From Ottawa.....

Back