i have petrol bike as well now !

monster

100 kW
check this out! it looks much nicer than my E-bike i'll give it that. shame i can't use it on the roads tho, for fear of getting arrested!

its 48cc. getting the mixture right gave me faster speeds but its significantly slower than my X503 at the moment. needs to be worn it.

the controls are worse because you cant set it to instant start you have to always pedal start the engine. i don't know what i'll do with it but it was 1/5 the price of my e-bike so buying it was a no-brainer.

Attachments

• Dsc00493.jpg
    Dsc00493.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,177
lazarus2405 said:
Great! Now work out opprotunity charging.

I already did.

LIQUID_TRANSFER_PUMP.jpg

Hi

Yes saw those kits on ebay the guy sells them under electric bikes? I reminded him he was miss selling and he replied that people that are looking for electric bikes might want one? its a good idea but you are right the cops would pull you in an instant, years ago I did consider something like that until a guy got done on one locally and had big fine points on licence and the like, kind of put me off. If you aren't going to use it on the road what are you going to use it for?

Here is the link to the guy miss selling on Ebay!! whats electric about that eh! ha ha.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOUNTAIN-BIKE-BICYCLE-ENGINE-KIT-ELECTRIC-MOPED-MOTOR_W0QQitemZ160225896367QQcmdZViewItem

How are you getting on with the e-bike is it still working ok?

Knoxie

yer the electric bike is still working just about. every once in a while it decides to have a hissy fit and it runs rough. i don't really know whats causing it atm. it usually just goes away on its own accord tho.

knoxie said:
its a good idea but you are right the cops would pull you in an instant, years ago I did consider something like that until a guy got done on one locally and had big fine points on licence and the like, kind of put me off. If you aren't going to use it on the road what are you going to use it for?

Things aren't quite as insane in the US.

I was able to get legal plates for mine.

...wanted to know top speed and engine displacement. 30 MPH and 49cc are the correct answers for Mopeds in WA

What, praytell, would that answer be if you were asked by a private citizen, regarding use on private land?

:mrgreen:

lazarus2405 said:
...wanted to know top speed and engine displacement. 30 MPH and 49cc are the correct answers for Mopeds in WA

What, praytell, would that answer be if you were asked by a private citizen, regarding use on private land?

:mrgreen:

Actually, it does have a 49cc engine in it ... for now. Top speed with this stock engine and sprocket kit is 30 MPH downhill ... any faster and the engine starts braking.

I can upgrade it to 70cc and put a faster sprocket on it without altering its appearance ....

Monster: I believe the UK has an exemption for antique motored bikes ... not sure what the cut-off year is.

One of the way some folks in the US fake it is to buy an old ( 50 years plus ) frame, and then put all of the new parts on it. The bike is then technically old enough to qualify under local state laws as an antique motorbike.

A locking clutch, and one gear.

If your bike has front and rear brakes, you will need to double them up on the right side so you have room for a clutch lever on the left.

Set the choke, open the fuel petcock, hold the clutch in, twist the throttle all the way open, and start pedaling.

Once moving, pop the clutch, and pedal until the motor is willing to idle with the clutch in. Then open the choke.

vanilla ice said:
Nice.

Insurance is required in WA? In CA I don't think petrol bikes need insurance.

Oregon. Just across the river for me.

knoxie: if i buy an old moped and swap the plates over will that pass an MOT? if i can get a V5 for the old moped then i can get tax. police wont pull me as long as im riding a taxed and insured moped. they wont be able to tell that its the wrong bike.

Hi Mate

If you are going to do that you might as well just ride the moped? the cops may not stop you however if they do or you hit someone you will come unstuck as they would do you for riding with no tax insurance or MOT and they would do you for essentially "ringing" the bike, if I were you I would just use it sensibly on the road and just plead ignorance if you get pulled over, use fully synthetic oil to keep the smoke down, ride it carefully and always use lights etc, if you see the cops maybe an idea to kill the engine, get a wing mirror and check it regularly. Depending on which cop stops you will depend on if you get done, the police tend to prosecute adults with jobs that can pay fines and let kids off, I have seen this many times, the kids around here were always on the road with those mini motorcycles, they would get stopped, the cops would get the bikes took off them however the kids got a ticket and could go down to the station and pick them up, no fine no points nothing, however I doubt they would do the same for a wage earning, licence owning, fine paying adult.

Personally I would stick with the e-bike and spend your money on better batteries, you have a very good motor and controller we could all use better and more batteries, thats where I would spend my dollars.

Cheers

Knoxie

yer its difficult to know what to do with the petrol bike. if i get a number plate/insurance/tax its like i suddenly become a target for the police. it might be better to just cover the engine and cut the power when i see police.

Back