20 Inch Tyres Options?

knoxie

1 MW
Hello

After being mighty impressed with the Maxxis hookworm tyres on my KMX I picked up a set of the ringworm tyres for my electric BMX, my local bike shop were selling them for 10 pounds each, they look like great tyres with strong side walls and an all round grip, will get them fitted and do a ride test soon, what 20 inch tyres are other folks using? I have pepped the BMX up a little lately adding in another 24V for a little extra speed! ha ha its pretty silly :D

Here are the ringworms!

maxxis_ringworm.jpg

Knoxie

I heard that those maxxis tires are a bit tight, and a pain to dismount.

Have had a chance to mount and dismount one yet?

Hi

No not fitted them yet will do in the week some time and let you know, if they are tight on the rim that is a good thing as I dont want them to spin and this will tear the bead and pinch flat (I had the happen a few times before) they look like good tyres though and the price was perfect, just need to get some good brakes for the BMX, sadly my BMX doesnt have v brakes its centre pull only so need to get the best levers and cantis that I can as the stock ones are plastic levers, I must have a look around and see what the best BMX brakes are, this little bike needs stopping as it does 30mph with the extra pack and it gets there very quickly, just need to stop it as quick!! ha ha.

Cheers

Knoxie

Keep a packet of liquid soap in your patch kit, I guess.

Back