Custom_CHRoMo_CRuiSER

AussieJester said:
HAHA hiya CHRiS..sorry for the delay, i actually had to have a SHOWER first :shock: I know WTF right!! :mrgreen: LMAO
OH.. and definitely would LOVE to catch up, ill pm my new addy if you havent got it? I have seen the boards
dont have cash for new set of loose cells at the moment what i likely/will do upfront is just add
4 22v Turnigys to my existing 8 that are in great shape... would like some boards however for RON
i plan on 66v 15ah setup...
KiM

66 V is what 18s @3p?
I got 'em here with copper cut to size. Name your layout and I can knock em up ;) I reckon two rows of 9s would fit snugly in the frame there. I'll be placing an order for more 40C Turnigy LiPo anyway, so it's no big deal for me to get more in. Otherwise I'll bring some boards over anyways.
CHRiS

I am nobody to you, but I got to tell you a lot of people see some of the things you do, and take some chances with fabrication which definitely take them to new levels. So, most sincerely thanks from the newb lurker crowd.

I have checked out some of your build threads, and saw your post on Thudsters special chopper :p Pretty inspirational stuff

I've seen pictures of you, and almost feel like I know you. But most of the pictures were of the upper half of you, and I have got to tell you, for you to post such an intimate video of the part of you... locked in that chair is... asstounding:
GMUseless said:
Looks killer allready man. Reading about you man handling that bender reminded of seeing this a few days ago...it's like magic:

[youtube]yigRgG_NIyU[/youtube]
:mrgreen:
I think Thud may have the video of the top half of you lying on the table, and your facial expressions are every bit as impressive.
Good to see you back po*ping out bent tube perfection.

AussieJester said:
Matt.P could you possibly post a pic below of your 24in x 3 wheel with the Hookie so the fellas know what will be on the
ass end of this new bike..

basman2.jpg
basman1.jpg

Bubba just got his 2 ft X 4 ft CNC machine working. Time to get yours working or did you trash it?

Bubba

Attachments

• Township 1 Harrisburg-20120629-00120.jpg
    Township 1 Harrisburg-20120629-00120.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,705
1000w said:
AussieJester said:
Matt.P could you possibly post a pic below of your 24in x 3 wheel with the Hookie so the fellas know what will be on the
ass end of this new bike..

basman2.jpg
basman1.jpg

Holy sheit! Those hookers are HUGE!!!! After dismounting my rubber, that's like going to strip a club and sadly realizing my wife's not a stripper.

Sancho's Horse said:
I am nobody to you, but I got to tell you a lot of people see some of the things you do, and take some chances with fabrication which definitely take them to new levels. So, most sincerely thanks from the newb lurker crowd.

I have checked out some of your build threads, and saw your post on Thudsters special chopper :p Pretty inspirational stuff

I've seen pictures of you, and almost feel like I know you. But most of the pictures were of the upper half of you, and I have got to tell you, for you to post such an intimate video of the part of you... locked in that chair is... asstounding:
GMUseless said:
Looks killer allready man. Reading about you man handling that bender reminded of seeing this a few days ago...it's like magic:

:mrgreen:
I think Thud may have the video of the top half of you lying on the table, and your facial expressions are every bit as impressive.
Good to see you back po*ping out bent tube perfection.

Sancho I...thankyou very much for your kind words, they are very much appreciated, I hope you Enjoy this build as much as those you have viewed in the past...I will have slot more videos to come
In the near future, I have access thanks to my lovely lady, to a very neat HD video camera so quality Should also be much improved...

@Matt.P cheers for posting the pics of the wheels, I have actually had a good break with the rims thanks to My buddy HighSide Hyena, Jay is importing some sample rims amongst them a few sets of 70MM double walled rims
I'm grabbing a couple of them, initially I planned on using one on the rear and
keeping my original on the front, if this looks as I hope, it will remain like that if not, I'll whack another 70mm. wide on the front also!

@CHRiS...would like to grab some boards definitely, got some extra cash, also like to chat about a pack 66v 15 ah in the near future if possible?

I have been progressing slowly with the frame construction, slight delay few days ago with a problem with my Bender, thanks to Matt.P its been fixed and improved, cheers again mate..

I have the bottom bracket ” plate” cut from chromo and welded in place, along with a gusset on the head tube...I had planned to cut the rear dropouts today and start on bending the rear tubes for seat and chain stays unfortunately a trip to the doctors surgury after I sliced a deep cut in my right lower thumb when I went to catch a falling knife in the kitchen while preparing meat for the slow cooker, 4 stitches latter and hand bandaged, I now have orders from the doctor to NOT use the hand for at least 48hr's..the girlfriend was even more insistent I take it easy SO...I'm on the lounge feet up typing this on her 10 in Samsung galaxy tablet teehehe...I'll post a few pics later of the past few days work, sorry guys for the lack of updates, I'm taking things slow double and triple checking before welding, this chromo is not just hard and stiff but also very pricey, I literally can't afford to make any mistakes suffice it to say, the frame is looking freaking nice I couldn't be happier how its turning out :) it is progressing...

Back soon chaps

KiM

Deranged minds think alike KiM - I was just thinking I might drop in on you this arvo! I'll bring some cells, boards and the 10s3p pack I build earlier. What time suits you buddy? frock I love days off :D

jonescg said:
Deranged minds think alike KiM - I was just thinking I might drop in on you this arvo! I'll bring some cells, boards and the 10s3p pack I build earlier. What time suits you buddy? frock I love days off :D

Woot..anytime you like buddy...you have my adress in high Wycombe?...I'll pm you now I case you don't..

KiM

AussieJester said:
I sliced a deep cut in my right lower thumb when I went to catch a falling knife in the kitchen
Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but I find it funny that you can wield an angle grinder like a mad man out in the work shop but let your dopey arse into the kitchen and try to slice your fingers off with a little knife :lol:
The automatic reflex of grabbing things when they fall is hard to shake though. I don't know how many times I've instinctively grabbed a falling soldering iron and instantly wished I'd let it hit the deck.

I too am looking forward to getting these rims and hope they're good. That one of Matt's certain looks the goods and playing around with my 2.4" DMR motoRT last night I reckon it might *just* have enough tread to stretch around a 3" rim. Getting tyres on and off certainly won't be the chore that it is with skinny rims! I predict these will be the shizzle my nizzle :p

Hahaha...and that's exactly how it happened, reflexes were unfortunately too good, I grabbed the knife
No problem, just grabbed the wrong freaking end of it, ended up hitting the ground after that anyways, should of let it fall grrr...wouldn't be so much an issue Shit I have never had so few quiches in my life, they were the first I had while conscious though lol...worst is, the cut is right where my hand touches the wheelchair wheel when I push so its like having a gash on an able bodies foot I guess lol...good excuse to get the lil lady to do the work in the kitchen for a few days...Hahaha

definitely looking forwardto them rings Jay I concur, they will look the Shit with hookies stretched out on them, lil soapy water to help slip them on, no problemi....!

KiM

Always good to see a custom build and yours are always top notch, stick to building bikes and leave the but knife juggling to someone else, they can take a while to heal especially on the hand,
gotta love those turnigy motors for their noise and looks, good luck with the frame bending

AussieJester said:
jonescg said:
Woot..anytime you like buddy...you have my adress in high Wycombe?...I'll pm you now I case you don't..
KiM

Awesome fun catching up with you KiM! Looking forward to doing a battery build 'n' beers session with you in August :mrgreen: I'll have more cells by the end of this month all going to plan. And we really should do a group ride some time as soon as you get your HoBo cruiser back together...

Hyena said:
AussieJester said:
I sliced a deep cut in my right lower thumb when I went to catch a falling knife in the kitchen
Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but I find it funny that you can wield an angle grinder like a mad man out in the work shop but let your dopey arse into the kitchen and try to slice your fingers off with a little knife :lol:
The automatic reflex of grabbing things when they fall is hard to shake though. I don't know how many times I've instinctively grabbed a falling soldering iron and instantly wished I'd let it hit the deck.

I too am looking forward to getting these rims and hope they're good. That one of Matt's certain looks the goods and playing around with my 2.4" DMR motoRT last night I reckon it might *just* have enough tread to stretch around a 3" rim. Getting tyres on and off certainly won't be the chore that it is with skinny rims! I predict these will be the shizzle my nizzle :p

Doh! Stitches on hands are no fun man. Born and raised on a farm, the reflexes are the exact opposite lol, something remotely pointy or hot looking falls of the table and its GTFO time.

Great to have you back KiM! Know that you were missed, and that we celebrate your happiness in life.

@Jay...haha yup done it with a soldering iron too...I had just finished sharpening the knife to, its freaky sharp, actually the third time I have cut myself with the bloody thing haha...anyways, chicks dig scares don't they lmao..

@CHRiS absolutely was great to catch up with you! The battery packs are superb, you have solved my charging worries with the 66v 15ah configuration, I was amazed at the small form factor possible with the boards, very impressed, the lack of bunches of wires is also a huge bonus...as always, fridge will be well stocked with "refreshments" come battery building time, looking forward to that! Thanks again buddy ;) P.s I forgot to give you the USB thumb drive with 'fastest' on it...did you watch motto go qualify last night? Casey is the shit ain't he!!

@Farfle I can imagine some of the "issues" reflexes could get you in around farm machinery, bee more than a slice on the hand, limbs lost and worse inn the blink of an eye ;)

@Rodney.. indeed it could of been allot worse, first thing I did after I cut the hand was wriggle the old thumb to make sure she still worked haha

@BigMoose Thankyou SiR..I'm very happy chappy at this point in time, I have missed the fabricating though thankfully I have an extremely supportive partner that not only insist I get out and build but also dons some old clothes and comes out to the workshop on weekends and her days off to be my T.A (trades assistant) as she jokes she is, a Lovely lady Indeed..certainly a "keeper" lol

The hands healing up well but boy does it sting lol ..I was also wrong about the number of stitches, it's not 4 it's 6! I took a picture last night will post it along with some progress shots of the bike when I get to the PC later today...it's Sunday morning here I'm still laying in bed keeping the girlfriend "warm" teehee add I read the latest updates on myHTC sensation mobile phone ;).anyhoot, back with more soon and again, Thankyou all for the well wishes :)

KiM

@Studebiker...sound advice LoL cheers man ;)

As i mentioned few post back i had a few updated pics to post, stuck on the lounge today doctors appointment this
arvo so i have some time to re-size and upload a few pics -->

Head tube gusset/bracket, bit of added security keeping the head tube from parting
company from the rest of the frame LoL...as usual, i messed about with cardboard
templates, got the desired shape mapped out transferred this to a sheet of 4130 chromo
and attacked it with the angle grinder and air die grinder-->

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0420 - Copy.jpg

The bracket was then welded in place tunred out quite well, lil

IMAG0428.jpg

clean up with the air die grinder, when powder coated should make for a neat join..

View attachment 6

Bottom bract plate to house the custom ali extra wide bottom bracket was next
on the agenda, this was also cut from sheet of 4130 chromo-->

IMAG0431.jpg

I slide the ali bottom bracket in, you may notice i have drawn in black on it, the new
shape it will be, i am doing away with any 'square' edges this will also be done
to all the carbon fibre mounting brackets..

IMAG0433.jpg

Happy with the postioning of the plate, it too was welded in place-->

IMAG0434.jpg

This was as far as i got when the accident happened with the hand, pic of the gash
with 6 stitches-->

IMAG0442.jpg

My lovely girlfriend also picked up a Chiminea for the cold nights out in the workshop...
we have a nice leather lounge there for "guests" to place their butts while having
a "refreshment" too haha..the chiminea was in full force over the weekend, loaded
with jarrah on Saturday night we got quite a flame going and BOY she was toastie haha

IMAG0437.jpg

Few more days idle while the hand mends a bit more, shes still very sore tried
grasping the angle grinder over the weekend and it wasn't good :-(

Back when i have more guyz and gals...

KiM

Nice progress mate.
I have one of those chimineas too and they're great for sitting around and keeping warm but damn, you have it inside ?? They produce a metric shit load of heat out the top and I'd be worried about your roof.
I have a cast iron one now, the clay ones are good but apparently after a few refreshments they get brittle when hot and when you heavy handedly throw in another log you end up with an opening front and back :lol:

Nice progress AJ,

Tidy work as always..

there is nothing quite like having an open fire in your workshop on winter nights.

It is 7:24am here, just finished my 3rd glass of champagne. checking out Paris for the first time. still getting used to the time zone difference. this place is dirty. Lots of amazing casting insperation though, off to more exhibitions today...

Hand looks sore bro, take it easy on it. :(

enjoying watching the progression from afar.

D

Wow what a build. I thought your first build was truly remarkable. This one is even more outstanding mate.

I can't wait to see its progress. I was wondering how you were able to calculate a suitable head stem angle? I heard it can change the characteristics quite a lot on a bicycle. I find my chopper handles better than my MTB (maybe its just me lol). I can dive into the corners more since i'm sitting lower to the ground.

Ps. Thanks for all your advice on my build thread. Hugely appreciate it :)

Hyena said:
I have one of those chimineas too and they're great for sitting around and keeping warm but damn, you have it inside ?? They produce a metric shit load of heat out the top and I'd be worried about your roof.
I have a cast iron one now, the clay ones are good but apparently after a few refreshments they get brittle when hot and when you heavy handedly throw in another log you end up with an opening front and back

yeah they just break up after time but are also cool or warm after they break as long as you still have the bottom part, been also using cast iron pot belly and can boil yer billy on as well, but has a flue and still darkens the ceiling a bit

Attachments

• IMG259-3.jpeg
    IMG259-3.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,703
Thanks chopper_elec always happy to give some advice if i think it can help :)

DingoMaN..i can tell you we have been getting our moneys worth out of the Chimenea
lighting it most nights with flames roaring out the top, i have added a couple of spark arrestors
its a very high celling in this garage, has a second floor for storage on half of it,
where the chimenea is however its clear to a clay tiled roof some 20 foot up so no chance of lighting her up
thankfully, tiz a neat little mancave im so appreciative the lil lady allows me to pile my
crap and LoL mates in here...anyhooot... update time gents-->

As we know the hand took a blow happy to report i pulled the stiches out last night much to
the disgust of Karan LoL ..hand looks like new :p :mrgreen: was due to get stitches out at doctors
tomorrow anyways, saved my self a trip LoL...So i been back to work on the bike few days ago
again...much to the annoyance of Karan LoL...prior thoough
i have been amusing myself with a few doodles as i sat "under orders"
on the lounge, thought some might like to see? the amateurish scribbles-->

View attachment 15

IMAG0451 - Copy.jpg

IMAG0448-1 - Copy.jpg

^^ Regular readers might recognise this drawing from past pics...if you look
closely in pics to follow you might see where the "inspiration" for this one came LoL

IMAG0464.jpg

^^ Karan LOVES dragons so this was one i did for her as is the last -->

IMAG0426 - Copy.jpg

OK..the frame building is going VERY well i couldnt be more happy with how the bending of
the rear tubes has gone. this bender freakin ROCKS compared to my old pipe
bender! First though, i needed dropouts here' how i did it-->

IMAG0453 - Copy.jpg

I needed to mount, on one side the hope hydro brake calliper so i dug out
the extra wide hub and rotor, worked out a design marked it out on cardboard
and then to a sheet of 4mm steel, unfortunately i dont have and couldn't get local 4130
chromo thick enough for dropouts, lil piece of 4mm mild steel doesn't add a heap of
weight, i did "trim" the original down when cut to steel to shed extra weight though LoL-->

IMAG0456 - Copy.jpg

IMAG0459 - Copy.jpg

Dropouts complete i mounted the frame back into the jig, worked out the
distance i wanted the dropouts to be from the downtube (35cm) i want the tire
fitting neatly into the bent shape of the downtube (thanks to Matt.P for getting me
the measurement of his 2.5 hookie on the 3.5in rim
) Took many measurements
to ensure everything was where it should be and then went about bending
up some more 4130 chrome for seat and chain stays-->

IMAG0469.jpg

First one done!

IMAG0470.jpg

Needed a pair though so after a more sweating LoL-->

IMAG0471.jpg

I had two lengths very closely resembling one another...now two become 4!

View attachment 4

Sliced down the middle gives me the seat and chain stays with a nice deep curve to clear
the intended big ass rear tire that will sit between them ;)

The next is a little tricky and even after doing this a few times i still slow down and
take some time to get it close to perfect as i can, if these are out, the hub will be
crooked, resulting in a cock eyed mounted crab walking bike LoL

Heres how the rear slotting of the tubing turned out -->

IMAG0478.jpg

View attachment 2

Well pleased with how its going, still need to lengthen the slots slightly
and cut the curved end, notch it and tack it in place ready to weld, this is
my job for this afternoon, im being ultra careful as mentioned before this 4130 cost
a packet for me, i have none left so have no room for errors...I had to whack them all in
place and take a sideways snap to giiive me the first peek at what she should end up
lookin alot like-->

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

I am very happy with the progress Karan made me smile when she came home from work
and looked it over last night, remarking, "it has perfect symmetry"
Symmetry is something Paull (Timma2500) and myself bring up ALOT when talking frame building.. 8) Fingers crossed next update of pics will include a finished frame...

Ciao for now chaps

KiM

I always enjoy following your build threads. once again a very nice bike!

about the "amateurish doodles"... those drawings would make some very nice tattoos! you have got some serious skills!

Back