Custom_CHRoMo_CRuiSER

Holy shit man! You should trade in that MIG for a Tattoo machine!

The build looks incredible. How I envy the ability to enter the shop and create from nothing....

Sorry for the delay on the updates chaps But, to ensure i got the positioning
of the rear dropouts where i wanted it in relation to the 3 inch rim'ed wheel
(which at tghis point in time i dont have..on order :wink: ) i was
lucky enough to have Matt.P (1000w) come to the 'rescue' and
lend me one of his 3in rim'ed wheels!! Huge thanks Matt :) Turns
out i was a few centimetres to close when Matt and i first popped
the wheel in place, a slight lengthening of the jig saw the droputs right
whre i wanted them, yesterday i shortened and notched the chain and
seat stays and tacked them (solidly) in place ready to be welded
today! Few pics of how shes at now-->

IMAG0484.jpg

View attachment 6

IMAG0485.jpg

^^Chain and seat stays tacked in place, i thought i best have a looksee
what the frame looks like with Matt's wheel and front end in place..

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

Dunno about you guys but i think thats pretty close to a BasMaN frame!
cept of curse teehehe...mines 4130 CHRoMO not mild steel, mine
will also have around 10000kw of electric mofo hehe

Some more random pics-->

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

Very pleased with the progress, the exact weight of the frame is unknown
i tried weighing it on a digital set of batroom scales unfortunately it didnt
register :shock: :? Its VERY light i am amazed, have to be 1/4 the weight of
the old frame easily...

Time to grab me some breakfast before hitting the workshop to fully weld up
the seat and chain stays.. Once this has been done, ill move to the mounting
holes for both gear box and seat. The seat setup is different too the original frame
The seat will be on a dual 10mm aluminium mounting arrangement, pivoted at the
front with a single FOX shock 'hung' under the top tube the frame!
ill have approximately 3inches of travel looking at inch 'sag' when sitting on
the bike, should make for a comfier ride than the cheap double spring setup on the old frame...

Thanks all for the kind words OH, the drawings, they were inspired by
tattoos i have seen in some of my magazines...

ciao for now trendsetters....

KiM

AussieJester said:
mine will also have around 10000kw of electric mofo hehe
Looking forward to seeing a bike with 10MW. :p
The spacing between the seat tube and rear tyre looks spot on mate.
Cheers,
Matt.

1000w said:
AussieJester said:
Cheers,
Matt.

probably a similar result to:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

Very nice frame work! :!: :!: :!: :D
Except of welding myself, is there any alternative to the basman? Maybe even some alloy cruiser frames? Can´t find anything.............. :roll:

1000w said:
AussieJester said:
Cheers,
Matt.

HAHA yeah brain fart on my part obviously should be watts anywayz, hoping thats a 'conservative'
estimate for peak outputs?..shall wait and see either way, have more get up and go than the old bike and that was pretty quick ;) anymore luck with that 24 fet infineon Matt? Ill be hitting
Cell_man up very soon for one, if you want to get another let me know we can save on freight?

@nicobue- yeah its not too bad, definatey 100% on the pipe bender i have been using...

@culicis- If your in OZ perhaps try this crowd i found after a quick google http://www.classicbicycles.com.au/product/product_list.jsp?cateId=3&sonCateID=1542&curId=3

So..i finished welding the frame yesterday, havent taken any pics it looks same as it does in above pics
so didnt see the point at this stage...having a rest today legs playing up on me, hope to get some
aluminium tomorrow from Capril to begin work on the seat setup...back soon

KiM

Nice progress mate. Should be rolling soon huh!
No news on those rims, the company I got em from hasn't returned my emails so hopefully they're busy making and sending them rather than running off with my money... :|

As for your power calculations, perhaps my next lot of stickers should read "1.21 gigawatts" :lol:

Ah bugger :-| keep me posted Jay hope your right though
As for up and running soon hrmz...be more later than soon me thinks
need $$ for controller and battery, gearbox along with $$'s for more carbon fibre
and aluminium and other assorted bits and pieces so..mm looking a
month or two i would think before we have some forward mojo

KiM

RWP said:
Love to see a bit more of your frame jig...if you get a chance.

No probs, it aint anything fancy i made it out of an old exercise bench
i found on the side of the road during a council kerbside pickup ...its
somewhat adjustable, it makes assembling the frame a breeze, holds
everything in place while tacking the frame up, i actually remove it from the jig
to fully weld...

I took some picks for you, might give you better idea of how it all
works?

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

Hope this helps RWP...

ciao for now

KiM

StudEbiker said:
The way I weigh things on a digital scale that are that light is hold whatever I'm trying to weigh and step on to the scale. Then step onto the scale with out the item. Subtract the second weight from the first weight and you'll have the weight of the frame.

Everything is looking good!

Yup :wink: we did this Friday night when mate was around, the frame comes in at tad under 4kg 8)

@paul boz.. :shock: G'Day mate! long time no speak! i havent been able to check the old iinet
email addy so missed an emails from you? Ill PM you new addy ...great to hear from you anyways.

I have been in touch with CHRiS and the battery pack is organised paying the funds Thursday
66v 15ah of LiPO goodness using CHRiS's custom boards and individual 40C Turnigy cells!
Lokin' forward to catching up and assembling the pack over a "few" drinks hehe

KiM

AussieJester said:
StudEbiker said:
The way I weigh things on a digital scale that are that light is hold whatever I'm trying to weigh and step on to the scale. Then step onto the scale with out the item. Subtract the second weight from the first weight and you'll have the weight of the frame.

Everything is looking good!

Yup :wink: we did this Friday night when mate was around

:oops: Sorry man, forgot. :oops:

Somehow I seem to have missed this thread............

Having found it, what do a find? A new-look Kim, with a HAIRCUT!!! and a new WOMAN!!!, jeez, if that wasn't enough he's building a pretty awesome looking new bike.

Nice to see you back, Kim, and I'm really, really happy at the happiness that seems to have come into your life.

Nice work Kim.
Subscribed...

AussieJester said:
Ah bugger :-| keep me posted Jay
Rims are on the way!
Apparently there's a typhoon in the china sea or something so they're sitting at shanghai but atleast they're in transit, and with TNT so shouldn't be too long. I'll let you know when they arrive then get em straight across to you.

Hyena said:
AussieJester said:
Ah bugger :-| keep me posted Jay
Rims are on the way!
Apparently there's a typhoon in the china sea or something so they're sitting at shanghai but atleast they're in transit, and with TNT so shouldn't be too long. I'll let you know when they arrive then get em straight across to you.

BooYaah! Great news Jay! Things are starting to come together ...

@Jeremey ..thanks mate always good to see one of the ES Gurus taking interest in my builds

@jateureka-cheers buddy, hope you enjoy the thread :)

I am anxiously awaiting payday so i can get some Aluminium for the seat
mount and some small i.d tubing to pop through mounting holes in the frame...
Hang in there fellas...meantime ill get some pixs of the motor
this bike will be running, a rewound Turnigy CA120!

Back soon

KiM

AussieJester said:
I have been in touch with CHRiS and the battery pack is organised paying the funds Thursday
66v 15ah of LiPO goodness using CHRiS's custom boards and individual 40C Turnigy cells!
Lokin' forward to catching up and assembling the pack over a "few" drinks hehe
KiM

Order shipped :D Like a clown I didn't count the cells I already have before placing the order for more. So I had to place another order for 8 cells :x

Taking the CRX to a mechanic on Friday to get it looked at (air filter change, engine and gearbox oil change, ignition crap etc) and hopefully they can point out any issues the Pits are likely to pick up. Then once it's registered I can drive around you your joint :D

Yo rims have arrived! :mrgreen:
Here's a pic my build thread

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8482&start=1650#p618656

When I first opened the package these were stuffed inside some 2" wide 26" rims that I also ordered. I forgot about the 2" ones at first and thought damn these don't look as wide as I thought'd they be, then measured them and found they were only 2" wide and thought " f*&k!!! they've sent the wrong ones. They're big but not really as big as I was expecting" Then I kept digging and found them at the bottom and thought "jesus, these are huge!" :lol:
Now I just gotta find someone that still has stock of 24x2.5" hookworms which so far hasn't proved too sucessful :|

Nice work. Think I prefer it to the Marrs. http://www.marrscycles.com/

Hi Kim,

I'm happy the tubing roller worked out for you, the bike looks great. I think if you made more passes through the roller with less bending force, the tubes would have been easier to roll.

BTW, Chromo weighs the same as mild steel, it's just stronger so it can be thinner. For that reason mild steel works fine for mongo thick dropouts.

-Warren.

Back