What parameters to program into 12FET MK2

MrKang

100 W
Hi you guys,

I now have a new setup for my scooter and it is the first time i want to use the regen function.
My first setup had 24S lipo on a 12FET controller, but with no experience how to setup the regen parameters i blew up my controller.So i bought a new one from LYEN and didn't use it anymore.

Now my new controller is setup with a 28S LifePO4 pack 20AH.
My question is...what parameters do i have to program for not blowing up my controller again..

Thanx for the help

MrKang said:
Hi you guys,

I now have a new setup for my scooter and it is the first time i want to use the regen function.
My first setup had 24S lipo on a 12FET controller, but with no experience how to setup the regen parameters i blew up my controller.So i bought a new one from LYEN and didn't use it anymore.

Now my new controller is setup with a 28S LifePO4 pack 20AH.
My question is...what parameters do i have to program for not blowing up my controller again..

Thanx for the help

Hi MrKang,

When buying a controller from Lyen, he usually sends out a PM with a link to some webpages with most of the info. You can also send him a PM asking for the formula to calculate the correct LVC for your controller.

In general, it depends on how you blew your controller in the first place. I see from your signature that you run a 4110 FET at 100V. That means you are already pushing the controller over it's limits, making failure of your cntroller quite predictable. There are no programming settings that will prevent you from blowing your controller (other than setting LVC at 100V) when you feed it a voltage higher than its rated for.

Something that will really help out: Don't regen when you are at the max voltage of your controller. The regen will bring the voltage of the battery pack up a bit and that could have been the final "push" your controller needed to say bye bye.

i allready did some mods on the new controller so it can handle 100V easily.
Lyen PM'ed me with the correct parameters ...sorry LYEN for waking you up at 4:13am... :oops:

It now works fine and the regen is working like a charm! Yesterday i drove 30km and used 12Ah ..my regen was a small 7.3% ..

ok.. digging this up, i finally got my chopper dusted off and ebrake lever hooked up,

I have a 12 fet Lyen, 24S lifepo4, i know the e-brake works since it does cut off the throttle, tried with and without the white wire ( that turns regen on/off on my 18fet lyen ) but no joy.

Is this a USB program change or circuit board soldering thing ?

anyone ?.. pls. as i keep searching.

Back