Calibrating a DP-CA

My Cycle analyst when plugged into the Lyen 12fet controller reads -11W when just in standby and seems to be showing far too many amps.

So whats the best way to accurately calibrate the CA, open up the controller and use a multimeter to read the resistor value of the internal shunt? Would I just hook onto the 2 solder points on the PCB for this and use the ohm setting?

Or is there an easier way?

On a connected note, just tried the 5304 V2 out for the first time, got it laced into a 20" rim. Gave it full acceration and the performance was quite dissapointing. The Controller should be giving out 45A, battery was fully charged at 50V and 3 speed switch was in the top speed mode, controller programming is totally stock. the acceleration kick was less than my bike at 1KW

Thanks in advance.

Well, I think there are two things to check. First, use the internal calibration (setup menu) to set zero As with no current flowinging. Second, get a quality ammeter (in USA, Sears has one for $60) to test that you have the correct rshunt value programmed into the CA.

in the CA menu (from memory) there is only the option to set the resistance value of the shunt. Where is the zero set? Was I correct in saying that you just measure the shunt value in the controller to get the value?

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37048

nonlineartom said:
in the CA menu (from memory) there is only the option to set the resistance value of the shunt. Where is the zero set?

Go into the advanced menu at the end of the normal settings menu :wink:

Back