Lock is in the hospital, was in a coma

orillia3

100 µW
after a fall down the stairs and is in ICU at St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto.

There is a thread here on the Toronto Electric Riders Association website, but is in a members only thread.
http://www.ebikeriders.com/messages/boards/thread/27606732/post/84763622?hash=84763622#84763622

Mail Info on St. Michaels Hospital.
http://www.stmichaelshospital.com/patients/mail.php

--------
Edit Nov 4, 2012 by Ypedal

From page 7
Jhughes said:
Ypedal said:
Thank you for the update !

Is there a need for funds by any chance ?.. if times are tough we are usually good at putting together some donations, i'm sure many here would gladly donate, self included, without being intrusive would one of his daughters or trusted friends be willing to supply a paypal or equivalent means of contributing ?

Hello everyone,

I want to say it is very hearwarming to see all the well wishes for our Dad (Lock) on this and other forums. My sister and I thank everyone for their support.

Dad is doing extremely well considering he had a 10% chance of ever coming out of his coma. He has started the road to recovery and we expect to have ups and downs, as we have had already. He recogzines everyone and has, from what we see, his same personality back and he even smiles and makes jokes at times! He is learning to walk again, with assistance, and relearning some cognitive skills with the help of therapy.

My sister and I have been going through a lot, and are striving for nothing less than a full recovery for our dad. We dont know how long that will take or what it will mean, so when Ypedal asked if we needed help I think it would be silly for us not to accept. Lock is a humble, proud and stubborn man and I'm sure if he was given the choice to accept help or not he would decline, however we are saying yes so all of you can help us help him.

So with that I have set up a pay pal account with: jhughes @strathallen.com and we humbly and graciously accept help.
(* you will need to remobe the space before the @ symbol, spam control measure )

Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets on the road to recovery very soon.

Really sorry to hear this, I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

If you, or anyone else in the Toronto area, could keep us posted on his condition it'd be appreciated.

Could someone quote the relevant parts out of the Toronto Electric Riders Association who has access?

Is Lock an older gent, or did the carpeting come loose or something?

Either way all the best to Lock, wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. If someone PM's me his real name and room number, I'll send him a note from all of us via postal mail.

That is so sad. Please update us on his condition if you hear a good word.

He is in my thoughts.

As soon as you are able to read this, Lock, know that there are many friends thinking about you. I believe you'll need a trike for your recovery, right?...

Jeasus, and some say bikes are dangerous :(
Only know Lock from posting here, but wish him a fast recovery!

Lock, Wishing you have a quick recovery!

:( thats such sad news cmon Lock we need ya buddy..sending lots of positive energy from the UK...you can pull through!!

Lock your contribution here and to the cause has been monumental. You are in all of our hearts and prayers.

Kent

LOCK is the best Every biker Ebony we have ever found.......

lets do a circle e-bike prayer for a very good gentleman!!!!!

John in CR said:
Lock, my prayers are with you my ebike brother.

Prayers are good...even thou Lock and some of us think the gawd in the sky is an imaginary gaw....locks words and mine!

Back