E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Kepler said:
A definite improvement over the stock shocker with much less sag but still with a really nice plush ride.
I have a fox van r in mine but yeah the plushness is really nice. If anything mine is a tad too soft for serious pedalling (if I run out of juice and have to stand up on the pedals I feel more like I'm hopping than rolling :p ) but for offroading it's brilliant.
New fighters come standard with a RST coil shock now don't they ?

Cowardlyduck said:
Nice one Kepler. Looks like a worthy upgrade for the money, I might do similar down the track.

Does it have an easily accessible lockout switch?

On the topic of shocks, it's the 3rd time it's happened to me now, but I'm not quite sure what it is.
My front forks, stock RST Storm Air, seem to loose all air pressure over the course of a ride if the pressure goes below ~50PSI. Pumping them up to 70PSI, they manage to maintain that pressure, but eventually (over the course of several months) they slowly go down to ~50PSI, then suddenly within one ~25km ride they will loose all air.

Are they just crap shocks?
Or is it normal to have to pump up these shocks every couple of months?

Cheers

No lock out but it pedals much better then the stock shock anyway. You add air pressure to the to res to improve pedal feel.

From the manual

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

In relation to the RST fork. Mine seems to hold pressure fine. I run mine at 70psi most of the time.

Hyena said:
Kepler said:
A definite improvement over the stock shocker with much less sag but still with a really nice plush ride.
I have a fox van r in mine but yeah the plushness is really nice. If anything mine is a tad too soft for serious pedalling (if I run out of juice and have to stand up on the pedals I feel more like I'm hopping than rolling :p ) but for offroading it's brilliant.
New fighters come standard with a RST coil shock now don't they ?

I think they will come with a DNM coil over in the future.

Kepler, just a heads up, a few people have had significant failures with that shock...see below.
http://www.mtbr.com/cat/suspension/rear-shock/manitou/swinger-spv-coil/prd_362099_138crx.aspx
p4pb6027011.jpg

Hope yours works out alright. :)

Cheers

I was getting used to the Crazy Bobs then today, I flatted the back tyre a long way from home. I had to call the misses to pick me up which was handy. I put the Razorbacks back on and the bike is confidence inspiring off road again. So grippy I love it! I put some 4wd tyre slime in this time to see if it helps.

Kepler, that shock looks good on the Fighter. Looking at the pics of the catastrophic failures CD Posted of that shock on the other bikes, I am betting you were correct and they were being used in places like the north shore with 8-12 foot drops. Like you said, that shock should be just fine for the massive air you catch going off of curbs and stuff :mrgreen: .

CD, some air shocks are prone to leak down over time. Some air shocks only change PSI as the weather heats and cools. On my Specialized enduro, I got into the habit of checking my shock PSI every week and adding air as needed. One thing that may help your leak down in your shock is to take a little bit of motor oil, or any oil safe for rubber and plastic seals, and put it in the top of the air valve before adding air next time. I am talking like 5-10 drops max. Sometimes the leak down comes from a air valve not sealing properly after adding air. Presta valves are especially famouse for this and putting 5-10 drops of oil in the stem should help if thats whats causing the leak down.

Ezza, now you know why I went with the Bridgestone. Even the mighty 24x3 Duro Razorback is marginally adequate for a bike and rider weight of 360# (170kg) in rocky conditions. For me, the Razorback is fine on dirt roads and trails that aren't very rocky. But when I hit the shit around here, I flat and flat often. So far with 5 rides, the Bridgestone M403 has held up fine. With the Razorback on the rear, I never made 5 rides without flatting. Of course the Bridgestones is load rated for 430# and speed rated for 81 MPH, way high and outside of the parameters needed for the Bomber. Got the 5404 wired up and will be sending the stator and side covers away to have the 162mm Axel pressed in and higher grade SKF Bearings pressed in. Should be really awesome and torquey. Can't wait.

Rick

Hello All,

To all the owners out there, this video goes without saying. But I've been asked by people interested in the bike to describe the bike, how it feels to ride, the power, the handling, etc. It is like describing what its like to ride a roller coaster, or pull 9 Gs. You have to experience it to understand it. So since its really hard to describe, I put this video together. In my mind, this is the best I can do to portray what its like since it's hard to verbalize.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxz0tjmmb852b0j/What%20it%20feels%20like%20to%20ride%20my%20Stealth%20Fighter%20Electric%20Bike.m4v

The first clip is from Star Trek 2009. The cop's bike is probably the best example I can find anywhere of the overall smooth, fluid, and quiet but powerful riding experience. It even sounds kind of like the Fighter at high speed! My favorite part is the 270 degree turn the cop does to keep following Kirk (00:30). This portrays the ride experience perfectly.

The second clip is from Battlestar Galactica (incredible series!) - spoiler alert for Season 1 Episode 12 btw. The spacecraft's maneuverability, especially coming out of the mining shaft, yawing around and then popping for the attack, is exactly how I feel when I'm exploring or just messing around/freeriding on the bike (1:55).

The third clip is the iconic Star Wars speeder scene. I AM that Ewoke on the speeder (2:40). This nicely portrays the exhilaration of riding my Fighter on single track in the woods.

Enjoy!

-Jetman

My reading of copyright law says these clips should be OK. Here is the new federal court ruling on DCMA and fair use regarding the use of clips for these purposes: http://www.copyright.gov/1201/2010/RM-2008-8.pdf) . However, if you believe I am in error, I am more than OK discussing this and removing it if proved wrong as I have no intention of upsetting individuals or businesses.

Hi guys just wanted to test the waters and see if their is much interest out for a second hand stealth bomber.

I'm considering selling my beloved one due to health reasons and not getting to ride it as much.

Currently the bomber has done 187 charges and 3000 kms. It's the fully upgraded model with 8pot brakes and white brother forks.

It's never been dropped and can safely say its in great condition.

It's the new frame and its dark grey in colour.

I'm in Sydney cbd.

Let me know if anyone is interested?

Jetman said:
So since its really hard to describe, I put this video together. In my mind, this is the best I can do to portray what its like since it's hard to verbalize.

haha, and THIS is what it's like for everyone else on the trails riding normal bike
WARNING: NSFW (not safe for work) link

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mckf264jiv1qcbmxzo1_400.gif

:mrgreen:

Hyena said:
Jetman said:
So since its really hard to describe, I put this video together. In my mind, this is the best I can do to portray what its like since it's hard to verbalize.

haha, and THIS is what it's like for everyone else on the trails riding normal bike
WARNING: NSFW (not safe for work) link

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mckf264jiv1qcbmxzo1_400.gif

:mrgreen:
So AJ was right - you ARE into cocks! :mrgreen:

That was me that said that about him, but yes, he is :p

Anyway back on topic - Stealth electric bikes: giving other MTB riders a round house turkey slap since 2008 :mrgreen:

Fabs said:
Hi guys just wanted to test the waters and see if their is much interest out for a second hand stealth bomber.

I'm considering selling my beloved one due to health reasons and not getting to ride it as much.

Currently the bomber has done 187 charges and 3000 kms. It's the fully upgraded model with 8pot brakes and white brother forks.

I'm in Sydney cbd.

What you want for it. I may be interested??

Sirbevalot said:
Fabs said:

I'm in Sydney cbd.

What you want for it. I may be interested??

Will PM you.

Hyena said:
That was me that said that about him, but yes, he is :p

Anyway back on topic - Stealth electric bikes: giving other MTB riders a round house turkey slap since 2008 :mrgreen:

I am still laughing my ass off. The irony of it is, it's true, that slap is the equivelant of Stealth bikes spanking MTBs on the trail. SWEEET!!! :mrgreen:

wow, thats more than the DeLorean DMC-12 ...
Does it mean that I simply have to add a fluxcompensator for stealth time traveling ;))
http://www.autosnout.com/Car-Performance-Statistics.php?EditionID=203

dh-paule said:
wow, thats more than the DeLorean DMC-12 ...
Does it mean that I simply have to add a fluxcompensator for stealth time traveling ;))
http://www.autosnout.com/Car-Performance-Statistics.php?EditionID=203
Hell no , You have to add a Flux Capacitor .

That comforting to know that the Bomber has a higher power to weight ratio than the Delorean. Speaking of weight, just got my Bridgestone M23 2.50x19 inch tire in for the Bomber. It only weighs 4Ibs 13 ounces or about 1Ibs 9 ounces more than the Duro Razorback 3.00x24. Small price to pay for double the ply rating (4vs2). The Bridgestone M23 is about an inch less (25.4mm) in diameter than the Razorback and about 1/4" less than the M403 currently on my Bomber. The pics compare the M23 with the Razorback. I will shod the Bomber with this tire after I get the 5404 up and going. 6 rides on lava rocks with the Bridgestone M403, still no pinch flats to report. Thats a personal record for me. Loving this size rear tire on the bomber.

Rick

Heh fun comparison with the power:weight.
Of course it means nothing as motor efficiency and gearing don't come into play, nor the rider weight. But it's nice for bragging rights :p
My fighter comes in a 230 hp/tonne which puts it up there with the likes of the subaru sti and a handful of mercs, maseratis, old ferraris etc 8)
Actually if I had to compare my fighter to a car it would be something like the subaru sti - medium sized, nimble and with a heap of power squeezed out of an engine that's smaller than it's heavier V8 brothers doing the same or less.

Rix, I can see why you'd be happy with the switch, getting flats on a regular basis would supremely suck.

Back