Giant trance 29er electric

Bike gets along we'll it's not going to beat any speed records, tops out at around 42k That's fast enough really, for me, I don't really want to start donning my motorbike gear, and much quicker I recon I will feel like it.
It goes up hills ok , I'm only really using top gear. All up weight is 24 kilo. As I understand the conhis motor is fairly heavy. And I recon I might like to put a mac in it down the track a bit. I still need to sort out the rom issue with the galaxy 2 to get some on the go info with the speedict and a couple of other little jobs, Velcro straps for the battreys and a new 2s2p harness , with the ec5 plugs to be put on everything. I may have the main last connection on bullets and have a pre charge and the positive wire loop out the front plate so I can disconnect it easily without pulling a cover off. And i did put some carbon rovings down the center of the tubes of the swing arm my tourqe arms are connected to,then injected epoxy into them while the bike was stood up vertical. i give the screws a tighten today without fear of crushing the swingarm .Here's another couple of close up pics of my battrey holder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,077
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,077
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,075
Way to go!

Samd said:
Way to go!
:D
Thanks samd, you had me guessing.
When's the next group ride I would like to join you guys one day
And get some thoughts on changing to a mac and install the 12 fet controller I bought.
What do you recon worth doing?
Was thinking the 8t

pendragon8000 said:
wow, what a beauty.. you obviously have alot of experiance with fibre glass. thats so unique and looks prety cool IMO. how does she run?
I have only previously covered one set of wings and the vampire jet I built
It really isn't hard, worth having a go at, think back to paper mâché. the excess glass just sands off.the Dow blue foam I used is the key I think, it is quite strong in itself has no grain, nice to work with, glue it with polyurethane where bits join you need to shape, as it cuts off like the foam and won't leave a hard ridge and fill holes and any other bits with lightweight white filler once the glass goes over it is as strong as the foam, one layer of 2ounce cloth makes it strong enough, I used a couple of heavier pieces inside here and there the thing itself was strong enough without the glass I recon , used epoxy resin as that will not melt the foam. the front two cells are resting on the crossbar the rear ones are sitting on 8 mm aircraft grade lite ply with the sides of the mudguard being 12mm cd ply, that was exposed on the bottom edge so I overlapped the glass there so it was a bit stronger
It's another reason I wanted to do the dual suspention, none of the stuff is getting shocked around as it would on a hard tail

How's the build? Are you coming to 'Frockfest"? Oooh I broke the rules...

Back