Schlumpf high speed drive group buy???

dimpirate

100 W
First of everything you need to know about Schlumpf drives here.
http://www.schlumpf.ch/hp/schlumpf/faq.getriebe.engl.htm

Been looking into Schlumpf drives, and others, hammerschmidt, Patterson, ats for use on my next build.
My only problem is all of the above are not compatible with phasor cycles frame I plan to use. Bottom bracket width on phasor is 120mm. Most offer options up to 82mm (don't quote me on that don't feel like reading it all again, just know not enough for my use) Schlumpf also has 100mm option in manual as well (dealers that I've seen dont carry this).

I decided to approach Schlumpf directly for a suitable option for my system. Florian Schlumpf the creator, said it should be possible, and put me in touch with Franz Furmaniak (I beleive he is in charge of sales) from haberstock mobility GmbH who now manufactures Schlumpf. I should get confirmation email tommorrow!
While I was inquiring on my own behalf I figured why not ask for price for more units. The quote below is for 20 high speed units. %25 off.

This is for the standard high speed 27tooth chain ring crank arms cones, ready to install. (Special tools required for instalation read manual)
This quote is flexible as long as 20 units are purchased of whatever kind of drive %25 discount applies
High speed drive 2.5 gear ratio
Speed drive 1.65 gear ratio
Or even mountain drive which reduces gear ratio by 2.5, don't see much use for ebike with this.
This is more geared towards people who want high speed drive, or have bottom bracket compatability issues like me, or would like double chainrings or other options only offered by Schlumpf.
ES member accountant sells ats drive 1.65 also produced by Schlumpf at a great price well worth the money!
http://www.ats-speeddrive.com/tpl/all_sd_item.html
Patterson (google it) also offers 1.65 at about $230, much lower quality though.
Hammerschmidt very expensive and no high speed option.
The good thing about Schlumpf are all the available upgrade options, multiple chainrings, all sizes,trouser guards, belt system if that's your thing, you name it they got it.
Below are a few links to get pricing idea
Utahtrikes offers pretty competitive price, though not as many options.

http://www.cyclemonkey.com/schlumpf-innovations.shtml
http://www.utahtrikes.com/UTUPGRADES-1.html
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/readitem.pl?Accessory=1026422445

Ok then of course there's a disclaimer :D
Don't know if I'm inclined to man group buy myself. I travel for work, so even though at the moment I'm home, at any given date I might be gone for three months....
Also I'm a pretty new member, so no reason why anyone should trust me with there money, seen other group buys go sour.
Not saying I can't do it just.... For now I just wanted to share this with you guys and see if there was much interest and go from there. Weather or not group buy goes thru if my bottom bracket issue is resolved (from what there saying it's a probable yes)
I will purchase a Schlumpf drive. Sure would be nice getting at a lower price though. :wink:
Remember if its more than 20 units 30 let's say price will continue falling.
well who's interested !!!???

Total including shipping is 9409.20 euros for 20 HSD units
470.46 euros per unit $637.43 dollars (google)
Other things might come up like bank or paypal fees + shipping to you
I believe speed drive is a bit cheaper, and of course any additions are on buyer.

Fred

I might go for one. Especially if it's the only way to get an extra wide Speed Drive or High Speed Drive. The bike it's intended for is still in the design phase though, and if I things settle on a narrower (standard) BB, I'd be OK with sourcing through one of the usual places (e.g., FFR) rather than a group buy. So call me 50/50 in for one drive, if you're keeping score.

MattyCiii said:
I might go for one. Especially if it's the only way to get an extra wide Speed Drive or High Speed Drive. The bike it's intended for is still in the design phase though, and if I things settle on a narrower (standard) BB, I'd be OK with sourcing through one of the usual places (e.g., FFR) rather than a group buy. So call me 50/50 in for one drive, if you're keeping score.

Damn.... Thought there would be a little more interest. 2 other members are probobally in. So that puts us at 3.5 Matty.
Yeehaawww. We're on a roll!! :roll:

So 120mm bb width is a go!!!!

Email from Schlumpf

Hey Fred,
we watched your homepage and noticed your interesting vehicle. Attached you find a picture of our prototype “PenBike”.
Maybe our Advanced Belt Drive could find your interest.
To answer your question about width of bottom bracket 120mm:
There is a housing 50mm longer as standard BSA 68mm leading to 118mm and 4mm longer nut implies 120mm
These special version is named “Flyke”
Best regards,
Rolf
image.jpg

Keep you posted as soon as I get more info hopefully same price!

Fred

This posting I notice is over a year old however should you still be organizing for a group buy of 20 or more units I'd most certainly like to purchase one Speed Drive for a titanium frame. I'm not sure yet beleive it is a standard size bottom bracket. Also, interested in the Schlumpf ABDS. Please advise.

Back